Quantcast
Good BMW Mechanics - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Good BMW Mechanics

Default Good BMW Mechanics

I am posting this for a friend in need of a good BMW mechanic. I've searched the forum and there are a few threads but most of them don't contain a lot of information. Can you guys please post me a name of a place, contact name to someone you guys deal with (if applicable), phone number, and address of some of the places.

maybe this could even be a sticky just for others future reference.

Thanks!

Search dude, we are not allowed to post addresses and contact info if they are not a sponsor, that is why not much is said all the time. If your too lazy to find who's good then goto superpages.ca and look up the address then that's your own fault.

This topic has been discussed more then enough times

Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
    Search dude, we are not allowed to post addresses and contact info if they are not a sponsor, that is why not much is said all the time. If your too lazy to find who's good then goto superpages.ca and look up the address then that's your own fault.

This topic has been discussed more then enough times
    thanks for clarifying why the information is limited. i've done a search and it only comes up with 6 threads. and typing things into superpages.ca with a typo doesn't help either. so forget about it.

MOD please close!

Don't know how a typo can be for Alpine Autoworks or Shenni's Autotrend, they work fine for me and that's how everyone spells them.

Don't know how a typo can be for Alpine Autoworks or Shenni's Autotrend, they work fine for me and that's how everyone spells them.
    Dude.. why dont u stop being an asshole and actually read his post. He's looking for names of shops..

you just told him to use search and type in alpine and shenni. How does that make sense if hes looking for names??

Back to the thread.. shenni worked on my 328ci.. I havent decided on which mechanic to bring my new car to. I've heard good things about alpine.. but since my experiences at Shenni's were good.. I will most likely go back to him.

Hope that helps

My Ride
    E90 M3

You guys are all typing sheNi wrong.

One N. Respect. And by that, I mean he's good, so respect him by typing his name correctly.

My Ride
    X3

he cant find them because thats not how they are spelled.
    alpine autoWERKS and sheNi

Zoik, try that spelling in yellowpages.ca and you'll have no problem

my personal recommendation, Shenis

My Ride
    E36 M3

Another nod for Sheni... been going there for more than 2 years now and have never had a reason to complain...ever. You can trust them.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Sheni's has a good rep, try Lo Pro

Originally posted by Justing

he cant find them because thats not how they are spelled.
    alpine autoWERKS and sheNi

Zoik, try that spelling in yellowpages.ca and you'll have no problem

my personal recommendation, Shenis
    meh, never noticed since superpages.ca shows it, just never read it in detail. It's still been outlined numerous times in other threads.

My Ride
    2001.5 Audi S4

Z,

Yeah Sheni's is great. They really love Bimmers and are reasonable and honest. Never had a problem with them.

If you're having problems looking them up try www.maps.google.com

Type in sheni's autotrend, calgary

It will show you everything you need to know. With a map
    --
    Rod

Driving
    2001.5 Audi S4 - Santorin Blue STAGE II

Hey guys, thanks for all the help!

My Ride
    '05 G35x, '04 E53, '98 E36

The best mechanic in town, and ZR Auto's mechanic is a guy who runs his own shop here in Calgary. Kuk's Shop is where to go for your BMW! He's very reasonable and he does an exceptional job.

My Ride
    E30 with 93 motor swap

Or you can go to Sheni's website and under the about us tab it has a map and address and stuff.

MOD EDIT: No contact info allowed for non-sponsors, use PM
    1986 325es
    93 M50 motor swap
    95 M3 cams

ERT/RMS used Stage 1 supercharger system for sale. ( V1 blower )
    3000.00 cdn without software.
    ( You can have the RMS obd1 chip if you like )
    Would be sweat for a E30m50 conversion!! ( Wink wink )

In my opinion, Sheni's work has be declining due to being overly busy. Hes got a bunch of guys quitting on him all the time while work orders rapidly increase and as a result the quality of his work has declined.

On my old 92 325is a few years ago the differential mounts came loose from the subframe. This meant it had to be re welded. The car would make an over obvious clicking sound while driving.

Sheni looked at it then changed the u joint and driveshaft. He clearly did not test the car to make sure it was good, because when I got it back the problem sitll existed. He still charged for the drive shaft and u joint assembly.

Most of my experiences with sheni have been positive so I will not be biased because of this one occurrence but the guy really does need more help so he can spend more time and retain the quality of work he once produced when he was less busy. Finding good help shouldn't be to hard with the job market flooded with job seekers.

That being said I am in search of a new mechanic. Can anyone tell me more about alpine autowerks? what is the rate and how good is the work?
    Last edited by colt22; 04-05-2009 at 11:33 AM.

My Ride
    2014 Tundra 1794 + 2016 X1

Going to Vitek Autoworks now. Very trust worthy guy. Used to work for BMW Gallery as a Certified tech and now is on his own.

VERY reasonable rates and maybe the most honest mechanic I personally met...

Another interesting post from e46 fanatics, I can relate...:

Sheni's Auto Trend sucks donkey balls i used to be a regular until i needed to go in multiple times for a job to be done properly. heres just a few of the jobs i was unimpressed with: 1) i went in with my old e36 to get a valve cover gasket replaced... after 4 times of the gasket blowing out on me and oil spraying all over. the day ends and i find i now have a cracked headgasket. i would still have my old car if it wasnt for him. i dont expect my car to come out in worse condidtion than it did going in. 2) i asked him why my headlight washers werent working and asked him to diagnose it for me. he said it was the telescopes and nozzels that were broken so he ordered them for me. turns out it was actually my pump! he charged me 250 for parts i didnt need and 50 for diagnosing it. 300 dollars gone for NOTHING. he wouldnt even let me F'in return it 3) one day he got his new BMW diagnostics tool. thats the day i go in to get my alarm activated... i figuered he'd be cheaper than the dealership so i figuered why not. i walked out 10 mins later with my bill written up with my alarm all set and i asked him how much his new toy ran him. $13000. WOW is all i had to say. next i look at my bill and he had charged me an 1 hrs labour (100/hr). WHY?!?!!. his EXACT words were "gotta pay for it somehow..." before realizing what he said and caught his tounge he'll screw you whenever he can. sh!t like... "oh i changed this too because i thought it was worn.... pay me" "uhh you never got my consent prior to proceeding and you have no way to prove it was actually changed" robbing shady mofo is all i have to say. go find a new mechanic if your going to Sheni

Originally posted by topher91
    Going to Vitek Autoworks now. Very trust worthy guy. Used to work for BMW Gallery as a Certified tech and now is on his own.

VERY reasonable rates and maybe the most honest mechanic I personally met...
    This is where I will be going from now on. DDM coilovers will be my first job for him.

My Ride
    F430, M3, 911

Sheni used f'in zip ties on my cv boots rather than metal clamps. Cv boots lost grease constantly. I had confronted him and he denied that was his work. Don't go to that sh!t shack

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast