Quantcast
Supplements - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Supplements

My Ride
    GTI

Default Supplements

I think it would be great if people would post what supplements they have used.

List the supplement, brand, and how well it worked for you, and any other supplements you took at the same time.

ISS Research Satur8 Rush http://www.supplements101.com/info/i...duct_Label.htm

I think the flavour I have is grape, I don't really care about the taste though so I won't rate it. What's great though is that I never get an upset stomach from it, and it has proven to be a good energy boost.

I tried Xyience NOX before and it gave me more of a bloated look, especially on my face. http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp...entPage=family

I took GNC Megamass protein powder last year and this year mixed with half a carton of yogurt, 1 banana, water and assorted berries, (can't find link to megamass protein), both while also taking the mega men multivitamin.http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp...entPage=family I made pretty big gains, the first time I made about 25 pounds in 3 months. The second time I gained about 20 pounds in 2 months. First time I was using Xyience NOX and second time was with ISS Satur8. I've made pretty good results.

One last product I've tried, only started about 3 weeks ago, is GNC's Triflex vitamin for relief of joint pain etc. I've found that the pain in my wrists during lifting has pretty much gone away since I started taking it, however I've had knee problems, and it has seemed to get worse since taking Triflex. It is probably because the nature of the injury is different...

I'm no expert on products, and I've heard GNC is not the best place to buy supplements, I only go there because of convenience. If you have information of supplements, reviews or know of good places to buy, post up!

Edit - One great side effect I forgot to add. I almost never get colds or the flu or anything like that since I've started taking supplments. I used to have a cold or something pretty much all the time through the winter, I got a cold for the first time this year last week and it wasn't bad at all. It could also be the result of excersize and healthier eating, but I played sports competitively all through my life.
    Last edited by Hakkola; 08-27-2007 at 07:56 PM.

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

My current stack:

AM
    Syntha 6 (you must shake or blend)
    Animal Pak
    Glucosamine

Mid Day
    ISS Oh Yeah Bar
    Omega 3-6-9

Pre afternoon work out
    Animal Pump (previoulsy Superpump250 OR NOXplode)

Post work out
    Muscle Milk
    BCAAs

Proteins are the best, I've tried almost everything.
    As far as pre-work out supp I like Superpump, NOX and then AP in that order.
    Autosignature

Biotest Power Drive

I really like drinking this stuff. Has a really nice feeling. Could just be the taste though.

Biotest ZMA

Did not notice anything. Many are now saying the theory behind them is bunk.

Biotest BCAA's

Did not notice anything. I don't think anyone needs them unless they aren't getting enough food.

Cytosport Cytogainer

I have had pretty good results using this as my PWO drink, but can't say if it's better than any weight gainer.

Trisport Endurox R4

Used to take this back in the days when I would get very sick after training. It worked great. It is very expensive though.

ECA stack

Tolerance goes up way too fast for these to be useable for fat loss purposes. I do like the feeling of ephedrine much better than caffiene by itself though.

Clenbuterol

Really like the anti-catabolic properties, but wasn't impressed at all with the fat loss. More and more research coming out is showing it is not a good thing to be taking either.

B12 Injections

Didn't notice any appetite or energy increase, but what the hell, it's cheap and painless.

Prolabs Creatine

To be honest I did not notice anything with this. No water retention, no strength, nothing. The Cytogainer has creatine though, and I do get good results with it, so it's hard to say.

Modafinil

Not exactly bodybuilding related, but this stuff is pretty good. Pop one in the morning, and you will feel great all day. It is nothing like caffiene, ephedrine, adderall etc. It just removes any feeling of tiredness. I only use it on special occasions as tolerance builds quickly.
    Last edited by TVG; 08-31-2007 at 04:37 PM.

My Ride
    GTI

Where do you get Modafinil?

I can get pretty much any prescription drug from foreign pharmacies.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Don't trust TVG. He's the guy that can't learn how to park properly even after 3 tickets for the same thing.

You know what else is funny? It takes 4 years to get a Pharmacy degree (and that's usually after a 4 year BSc) and be legally educated enough to dispense controlled drugs. This genius here does it himself with no training - and he's proud of it!
    Last edited by GTS Jeff; 09-02-2007 at 10:03 PM.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

I went from a flabby 180 lbs to 225 and the most ripped and strongest ive ever been in 8 months taking Optimum Nutrition Whey. 1st ingredient is isolate with a big chunk of BCAAs

I think I did 4 creatine cycles in there

For creatine i took whatever brand of monohydrate was cheapest at the time, added in a scoop of dextrose and had great results. I believe I was using Prolab brand.

Also tried some of those tribulus testosterone herbal pills... Found I just got really short tempered. The Ex GF called them asshole pills and Id have to agree. Cant say that I can like any tangible results to the pills. I tried Ultimate Nutrition once and another brand one other time.

Also took some nighttime protein for a month or two in there somewhere

And finally lots of Glutamine. Ive used Prolab, and Ultimate Nutrition and had great results with both.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

My Ride
    GTI

Well, I spent most of the morning in the hospital. Stay away from this stuff, especially if you think your heart has been uneasy. ISS Research Satur8 Rush http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/iss/rush.html

I woke up at 3:30am, felt like my heart skipped a beat, left arm went numb, chest didn't feel too good, got nauseus and long story short, I ended up in the hospital for x-rays and blood tests and all sorts of fun. I have irregular heart beat, my heart seems to skip, got my blood tests back, no real problems, except we're still waiting for the thyroid test to come back.

Be careful with what kind of shit you put into your body, even if you're a young guy you can have problems.

Edit - new link
    Last edited by Hakkola; 09-06-2007 at 04:04 PM.

link no worky.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by Hakkola
    Well, I spent most of the morning in the hospital. Stay away from this stuff, especially if you think your heart has been uneasy. ISS Research Satur8 Rush http://www.supplements101.com/info/...oduct_Label.htm

I woke up at 3:30am, felt like my heart skipped a beat, left arm went numb, chest didn't feel too good, got nauseus and long story short, I ended up in the hospital for x-rays and blood tests and all sorts of fun. I have irregular heart beat, my heart seems to skip, got my blood tests back, no real problems, except we're still waiting for the thyroid test to come back.

Be careful with what kind of shit you put into your body, even if you're a young guy you can have problems.
    LOL, holy fuck man. What the hell were you thinking. Is your penis that small that you feel the need to take drugs for muscle gain?

Stick to eating chicken & tuna...LOL

My Ride
    GTI

Not drugs, just creatine shit, thing is the stuff had like 200mg of caffeine per serving, I don't think my heart is too happy with all that caffeine.

linkyyy

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by GQBalla
    link no worky.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/iss/rush.html

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Not drugs, just creatine shit, thing is the stuff had like 200mg of caffeine per serving, I don't think my heart is too happy with all that caffeine.
    Maybe you had an allergic reaction.

Really man, eating right and working out fucking hard will do the trick. Don't waste your money on supplements, the minuscule gains are not worth the cash IMO.

Yeh I've tried creatine, protein powders & Amino Acids and really its just a waste of money.

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

Originally posted by TVG
    Biotest Power Drive

I really like drinking this stuff. Has a really nice feeling. Could just be the taste though.

Biotest ZMA

Did not notice anything. Many are now saying the theory behind them is bunk.

Biotest BCAA's

Did not notice anything. I don't think anyone needs them unless they aren't getting enough food.

Cytosport Cytogainer

I have had pretty good results using this as my PWO drink, but can't say if it's better than any weight gainer.

Trisport Endurox R4

Used to take this back in the days when I would get very sick after training. It worked great. It is very expensive though.

ECA stack

Tolerance goes up way too fast for these to be useable for fat loss purposes. I do like the feeling of ephedrine much better than caffiene by itself though.

Clenbuterol

Really like the anti-catabolic properties, but wasn't impressed at all with the fat loss. More and more research coming out is showing it is not a good thing to be taking either.

B12 Injections

Didn't notice any appetite or energy increase, but what the hell, it's cheap and painless.

Prolabs Creatine

To be honest I did not notice anything with this. No water retention, no strength, nothing. The Cytogainer has creatine though, and I do get good results with it, so it's hard to say.

Modafinil

Not exactly bodybuilding related, but this stuff is pretty good. Pop one in the morning, and you will feel great all day. It is nothing like caffiene, ephedrine, adderall etc. It just removes any feeling of tiredness. I only use it on special occasions as tolerance builds quickly.

Oh wow...
    You talk about stuff you maybe shouldnt lol

ZMA's are great for a sleep aid, not so much for bodybuilding, ECA's have been used forever in short cycle ONLY, theres a reason you built a tolerance for it. B12 shots are a waste unless your taking a few shots a day, 50% of the intial shot is lost within an half hour of injection. Modifinil is used for ADD/ADHD probably why its nothing like ECA lol

As far as you talking about getting scripts from foreign countries, anyone can get it, but why would you even attempt it now in this kind of market?
    Dont get caught

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by 89coupe

Really man, eating right and working out fucking hard will do the trick. Don't waste your money on supplements, the minuscule gains are not worth the cash IMO.
    No, no reaction, I've taken it a few times now, it gives a pretty damn good energy boost before a workout, but that said I'm never going to touch it again. I'll just stick to healthy eating and maybe some protein bars once in awhile.

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

Yeh I've tried creatine, protein powders & Amino Acids and really its just a waste of money.
    Protein will always be a good supplement, its the basis of building muscle, creatine ive used once, and never thought about it again, amino acids/glutamine also good additions to your diet.
    I guess it depends on your opinion.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

No, no reaction, I've taken it a few times now, it gives a pretty damn good energy boost before a workout, but that said I'm never going to touch it again. I'll just stick to healthy eating and maybe some protein bars once in awhile.
    Well 200mg of caffeine isn't really that much. About the same as a large coffee. So I doubt it was the caffeine.

Healthy eating is the best approach by far. Your body will love you for it and will make you stronger and healthier in the long run in all avenues of everyday living.

My Ride
    a wrx.

LOL, holy fuck man. What the hell were you thinking. Is your penis that small that you feel the need to take drugs for muscle gain?

Stick to eating chicken & tuna...LOL
    Allergies make you rashy and itchy...it just sounds like Hakk has a sensitive heart that doesn't like to be pushed too hard. Let's see what his docs say...

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    Allergies make you rashy and itchy...it just sounds like Hakk has a sensitive heart that doesn't like to be pushed too hard. Let's see what his docs say...
    Allergic reactions can also constrict airways causing your heart to pump harder for the oxygen its demanding, which would give him all the symptons he described.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast