Quantcast
satellite radio help - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: satellite radio help

My Ride
    4Runner SR5

Default satellite radio help

i am looking to get a sirius sat radio for my truck. I have been out of the car audio game for quite some time now so i dont know heads or tails of all this new stuff. I have an deck that says sirius satellite ready- that doesnt go through my FM tuner then correct? what are my options with this deck and what does it cost per month?

My Ride
    '97 BMW 328is M-Sport

Last I checked it's $15/month for service. If your deck is satellite ready that means that you can get a box to hardwire the controller to your head unit. You can also just get the portable unit and use the FM modulator, but that will work with any HU. Up to you what you want.
    Originally posted by FraserB
    I think their main complaint is that they did not receive the stolen property they paid for.

My Ride
    4Runner SR5

and whats the difference between the different boxes?

if your deck says it sat radio ready its a module thats like $200 but that module will ONLY stay in your car cause its wired into to it. Where was a portable sirius unit start at $70 and goes up to 250 for a top of the line stilletto. SO with the portable you can take it from your car into your home and play your radio there. Its 15/month but there are deals depednig on your contract. adn you can get a lifetime membership to!!! so unless you dont care about teh portability issue and the that the radio will display on your deck go get the module if not get teh portable sirius
    computers are like whores. moody bitches that cost too much and no matter how much protection you have you can still get a virus

My Ride
    WRB WRX

Forewarning: the modules tend to have problems down the road... Say you want a new deck, chances are your new deck wont have the same interface/cord... That basically means you pay 70 bucks through sirius to transfer accounts.

In-dash units really do suck, try to get a deck with an audio-in, and just an on-dash unit placed properly. It will give prime sound quality, be versitile, and you have no worries about compatability in the future.
    I am Ihatetowait and this is what I say ^