Quantcast
This is why parents shouldn't buy kids corvettes - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: This is why parents shouldn't buy kids corvettes

My Ride
    my wife's stress level

Originally posted by sneek

it isnt really that much. The car prob. has the L98 so somewhere in the ball park of 240-250. The new camery v6 and Accord V6 are somewhere in that range. I think it is more driver over car.
    You need to do some reading on vettes bud, that one does not have the L98, but it was established earlier what motor it has.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by lbrowne

You need to do some reading on vettes bud, that one does not have the L98, but it was established earlier what motor it has.
    No it wasn't. There was speculation, but even then some of the power figures where wrong. The power ranges from 230 horsepower for the 85 all the way to 405 horsepower for a 93 ZR1.

Chances are good that this kid that the 300 horsepower version, but no one has established what engine he had.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

^ does it really matter what engine was in it? The 19 year old moron is driving a vehicle that he cant control at a incomprehensible rate of speed through a 2 lane residential neighborhood, and manages to destroy 3 vehicles. It is because of jackasses like this idiot that ALL young male drivers have to pay through their teeth for insurance. The vehicle doesn't matter, the same or greater damage could have been done with any vehicle.

I was 19 once and yeah I drove like a douche bag, matter of fact I still do. But I wait till the middle of then night and go far outside the city in the middle of nowhere to do my douchebaggery, not the middle of the afternoon and not on the street in front of my house. So to those of you defending this asshole, don't. There is no defense for this, I sincerely hope he loses his liscence permanently and that his car is fixed, so he can watch it, but not drive it; cuz this thread could have easily been "Idiot in Vette runs over family"
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She wishes it was deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    So deep put her ass to sleep.

My Ride

I don't think anyone's defending him. I'm just pointing out that he wasn't exactly driving a 400 HP monster machine here.

Wow that is so close to my house! Fucking idiot, there's 2 schools near by and lots of kids there at all times. People like this deserve to be forced to rollerblade around in 80's rollerskates. At all times.

It's a 96 LT4 car, 330hp. Car was right around $13000, well within reach of any young person who actually worked to make their own money....funny how that is a rarity around this city.

My Ride

Originally posted by LancerShelby
    It's a 96 LT4 car, 330hp. Car was right around $13000, well within reach of any young person who actually worked to make their own money....funny how that is a rarity around this city.
    More people than you think. I've paid for every single car of mine.

Originally posted by LancerShelby
    im 18... and i bought my prelude by myself... yes i worked and saved up around 90 percent of the cash myself...

My Ride
    1997 BMW 328i Convertible

Originally posted by sneek

it isnt really that much. The car prob. has the L98 so somewhere in the ball park of 240-250. The new camery v6 and Accord V6 are somewhere in that range. I think it is more driver over car.
    The V8-less generation thinks a Japanese V6, making 250hp at 6800rpm, is a match for a Corvette L98 which makes 340 ft/lbs of torque at 3200rpm....hahahaha that's funny.

My Ride
    dulls my senses

Originally posted by johnnybad1

The V8-less generation thinks a Japanese V6, making 250hp at 6800rpm, is a match for a Corvette L98 which makes 340 ft/lbs of torque at 3200rpm....hahahaha that's funny.
    You know what else is funny? 90% of people that drive V8 cars have a mullet or have thought about having a mullet. True stat.

By the way, a 350Z has a V6 that makes 306hp and 268 ft/lbs @6800 rpm, and will keep up with that corvette in a straight line and beat most v8's. Kind of sad when you consider that the Japanese engine is displacing 3.5L VS. the corvettes 6L. All the torque in the world wont save you against a 350 in the corners, those pics are a testament to the corvettes shitty handling.... over powered and under engineered. I mean, Jesus, those things still run a leaf spring suspension.
    Last edited by Steeztastic5000; 09-14-2007 at 01:33 AM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Steeztastic5000

All the torque in the world wont save you against a 350 in the corners, those pics are a testament to the corvettes shitty handling.... over powered and under engineered. I mean, Jesus, those things still run a leaf spring suspension.
    And it begins again, the old "if it isnt' foreign, it's junk" argument. Have you ever driven one of this cars? If not how do you know it has bad handling?

And how is a guy plowing into the back of a parked car a "testament to the corvette's shitty handling"?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    my wife's stress level

You know what else is funny? 90% of people that drive V8 cars have a mullet or have thought about having a mullet. True stat.
    ...and all drivers of foreign cars are true ricers. Please go back under the rock you crawled out from. Actually your whole post is pure ignorance.

It seems like there is so few unbiased people on here with regards to import vs. domestic.

Any inside info on what happened to the guy? This sort of publicity should garnish more info!

My Ride
    dulls my senses

By the way, a 350Z has a V6 that makes 306hp and 268 ft/lbs @6800 rpm, and will keep up with that corvette in a straight line and beat most v8's. Kind of sad when you consider that the Japanese engine is displacing 3.5L VS. the corvettes 6L. All the torque in the world wont save you against a 350 in the corners, those pics are a testament to the corvettes shitty handling.... over powered and under engineered. I mean, Jesus, those things still run a leaf spring suspension.
    Hahahahaha stupid... shit... overload! I dont even know where to start. What are you like 12?
    Fuck this, im outta here I gotta go grow my mullet.

And Tik-Tok, had the kid been driving a 350Z it wouldve steered itself out of the accident.

Edit: by the way, some dumbass domestic company by the name of saleen supercars just broke the production car top speed record. http://www.autoblog.com/2007/09/14/s...-speed-record/
    Last edited by ScottysZ; 09-14-2007 at 11:51 AM.

My Ride

Originally posted by ScottysZ

And Tik-Tok, had the kid been driving a 350Z it wouldve steered itself out of the accident.

Edit: by the way, some dumbass domestic company by the name of saleen supercars just broke the production car top speed record. http://www.autoblog.com/2007/09/14/s...-speed-record/

Oh right, I forgot 350z's come with anti-collision steering, silly me.

Man, how'd they do that? Wouldn't their mullet make the drag coefficient impossible to go that fast?

My Ride
    red slowpoke, black beast, red 4wheeler

Originally posted by DonJuan
    ^ does it really matter what engine was in it? The 19 year old moron is driving a vehicle that he cant control at a incomprehensible rate of speed through a 2 lane residential neighborhood, and manages to destroy 3 vehicles. It is because of jackasses like this idiot that ALL young male drivers have to pay through their teeth for insurance. The vehicle doesn't matter, the same or greater damage could have been done with any vehicle.
    Its dickheads like him that are attention whores who ends up getting all guys bad rep with insurance companies. I'm 19, I own a 400 hp m5, I drive like a douche sometimes but Ive never gotten close to being as dumb as him.

Fuck i'm a minority again....

My Ride

Originally posted by gp36912

I drive like a douche
    I don't know you, haven't paid much attention to your posts, so I hate to do this, but I can't resist sig. material when I see it

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Wow, just wow. Ignorance is bliss, I suppose.

My Ride
    nissan pathfinder, jdm civic

c4 vett= like 12 000 bux

My Ride
    red slowpoke, black beast, red 4wheeler

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

I don't know you, haven't paid much attention to your posts, so I hate to do this, but I can't resist sig. material when I see it

man why couldnt you quote don quan then lol he said the exact same thing

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast