Quantcast
Offical NFL Thread - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Offical NFL Thread

My Ride
    NC1

Anyone watch MNF? The old man still has it in him! First play of OT, 82 yard bomb to Greg Jennings. It was awesome hahaha the Packers are 6-1!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    X3 3.0, CLK500, FZR600

^
    they picked the worst season to do well. the Pats are decimating everything in its path. Tom brady is the anti-christ. best team in history 2nd to only the 89 niners.
    Last edited by RiCE-DaDDy; 10-29-2007 at 10:12 PM.
    Listen fam, she had a big rack of lamb
    And they caused mad problems like math exams
    Ask my man, her tits caused traffic jams

My Ride
    550i, X5

Originally posted by 5hift

Its funny a Cowboys fan would be bring up sportsmanship and class.... Wasnt the horse-collar rule added recently, soley because of the dirty/serious injury causing tackling style of Cowboys saftey Roy Williams?

Whats worse? Running up the score, or ending someone's career with a dirty tackle your known league wide for regularily doing?

What a lousy attempt at taking a shot at the Cowboys...lol Its hardly a dirty tackle...its an easy way of getting a guy down, and it CAN be dangerous if they o-player's legs buckle. Which is what happened on T.O. when Roy did it to him, which is why the rule was implemented. Intent to injure?? I doubt it man. He was just trying to get him down.

LOL, anything a 9er's fan can come up with to take a shot at the boy's eh?
    Of course, a perfectly good explanation is boring, so the answer is, it's fucking voodoo.

Originally posted by E46..sTyLez

What a lousy attempt at taking a shot at the Cowboys...lol Its hardly a dirty tackle...its an easy way of getting a guy down, and it CAN be dangerous if they o-player's legs buckle. Which is what happened on T.O. when Roy did it to him, which is why the rule was implemented. Intent to injure?? I doubt it man. He was just trying to get him down.

LOL, anything a 9er's fan can come up with to take a shot at the boy's eh?
    You have to be the worlds biggest fanboy if you don't think those horse collar tackles are dirty.

My Ride
    E92, ZX6R, MK4 GLI

http://www.people.com/people/article...155392,00.html

TONY NOOO!!!! STAY AWAY FROM BRITNEY!!

My Ride
    550i, X5

Originally posted by Antonito

You have to be the worlds biggest fanboy if you don't think those horse collar tackles are dirty.
    You know you can make the same tackle, as long as you don't grab the inside of the shoulder pads, and its perfectly legal. If you only get jersey there is nothing wrong with grabbing on and falling down with the guy.

Guys like Ray lewis and Shawne Merriman make much more vicious tackles, I still don't think they're dirty. If a guy makes a dirty hit, they getted fined, or suspended...thats why I say the NFL is all about sportsmanship, and class.
    Of course, a perfectly good explanation is boring, so the answer is, it's fucking voodoo.

My Ride

^^
    I think you need to watch some more football or actually play the game, get horse collared, and then tell me its not dangerous or dirty.

The reason horse collaring is so bad is because it gives the defender a way to lock his grip onto the ball carrier and not miss the tackle. There is a big difference between someone grabbing your jersey and pulling you down, and someone locking their fingers into your shoulder pads from behind and pulling down with all their weight. If a reciever gets grabbed from behind like that by a big saftey or linebacker, he gets pulled straight down putting a ton of pressue on his back. I myself was horse-collared (probably by some 185 lb grade 12 kid) and suffered a strained back and badly bruised tailbone in highschool (I can't imagine a 250 lb muscle bound NFLer doing it). I've seen a ton of injuries in the NFL because of this. Imagine getting pulled backwards by a tackler you didnt see, while two more tacklers hit you straight up. There is no way to defend yourself.

There is a reason its dubbed "The Roy Williams Rule". He may not be thinking I want to end this guy's career, but when he does it regularily to the point where its moved from a unwritten rule players have out of respect for one another, to somehting they have to implement a enforced rule about it, its obvious he doesnt give a shit.

Why is your only defence to bring up I'm a Niners fan? Obviously cheering on a bad team doesnt bother me or I would have jumped to a more popular bandwagon long ago like most. If I was you, I'd worry more about the Boys annual collapse as with the G-Men breathing down their necks now, it seems about that time of the year for it to happen again.
    Last edited by 5hift; 10-30-2007 at 02:03 PM.

My Ride
    550i, X5

^^

Why is your only defence to bring up I'm a Niners fan?
    Because no matter what Im talking about or what team its in regards to....you bring up the Cowboys and how they did this, or they did that, or your defence is better on the 49er's.

Horsecollars

I think enough has already been said

*edit*

If anyone saw NFL Live, Patrick Crayton is a moron.
    Last edited by md14; 10-30-2007 at 05:49 PM.

My Ride
    550i, X5

Originally posted by md14
    Horsecollars

I think enough has already been said

*edit*

If anyone saw NFL Live, Patrick Crayton is a moron.
    I won't disagree with that....nobody claimed football players were smart lol

why, what did he say?

My Ride

Originally posted by E46..sTyLez

why, what did he say?

Wingo:"So you don't think the Patriots are the best team?"

Crayton:"No, I think the Cowboys are the best team"

Wingo:"But they beat you by 20 whatever points"

Crayton:"Well, the sun shines on a dog's ass every once in a while."

Crayton should shut his mouth. The only reason he is even starting as the Cowboys #2 reciever is because Glenn went down with an injury.

My Ride
    550i, X5

Wingo:"So you don't think the Patriots are the best team?"

Crayton:"No, I think the Cowboys are the best team"

Wingo:"But they beat you by 20 whatever points"

Crayton:"Well, the sun shines on a dog's ass every once in a while."

Crayton should shut his mouth. The only reason he is even starting as the Cowboys #2 reciever is because Glenn went down with an injury.

yeah that was pretty dumb to say...he was just mad about the loss. But that is definately something that he should have kept to himself. Not very sportsman like at all.

That being said, he IS the backup to Glenn...but at the same time he had the 2nd highest yrds/game total in Cowboys history(184yrds) against the Rams....second to only Micheal Irvin. Which I have to give him credit for.

Not my favorite player by any means... but a good pickup for any fantasy draft players though!! haha

My Ride

In that game against the Rams, pretty much they said we are going to double TO on every play and you'll have to beat us another way. Crayton had single coverage the whole game by the worst D in the league, and if I remember correctly the majority of his stats came off 2 long TD's off bad/broken tackles.

He is not as good as his stats indicate. I picked him up in my fantasy league when Glenn got hurt, I released him just before he blew up and was pretty choked when he had that huge game, but since then he hasnt done anything(he has more fantasy points in that one game, then all his other games combined).

Crayton and Irvin should not be spoken in the same breath. What Irvin meant to the Cowboys during their dynasty years, not even TO could match.

Oh man Craytons said so many thing..

"Defensively, I can tell you no, they're not. They're not (that good) at all. The only time they stopped us is when we had penalties. If that's stopping us, it is what it is.

"Defensively, they are not the real deal."

"If they make it to Arizona, we will see them again," Crayton said. "Seriously, I'm not backing down from that statement. If they make it to Arizona, we will see them again."

Nobody even knew who he was outside of the dallas fans last year and this year hes running his mouth every which way

My Ride

^^

what a goof. Hopefully Glenn comes back so we can forget who this guy is.

On another note, what are your guys predictions for this Sunday's big game?

I'm thinking Pats. The difference will be the Pats have 2 shut down corners, and the Colts dont even have one. With Harrison ailing, Wayne is going to see a lot of jams on the line followed by double coverage.

I want the Colts to win, but unfortunately I think the Pats got this game... Just out of curiousity, anyone know the odds/spread for this game?

What I'm interested in is the 49ers - Falcons game. I dont know if anyone remebers but the Patriots have the 49ers first round pick imagine if the pats win the superbowl and get a top 10 pick

Marvin doubtful for Sunday. Spread is Colts by 5.5 at home.

I can't see the Pats losing. Go Pats Go...

Here we go

Colts are in for one, with no Ugoh or Harrison

My Ride

Fuck I am not liking this start at all ...

Ugoh being out is huge, he was doing such a good job replacing Tarik Glenn.

The Colts O is moving the ball too easily. Addai is just killing them and the Indy pass rush is intense right now.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast