Quantcast
pet peeve!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: pet peeve!!

My Ride
    jeep YJ, Dodge Caravan

Default pet peeve!!

Just need to throw this out there. I was driving on the hwy with the wife tonight. And this guy in a silver Teg was driving his car up my ass....... he was about a foot and a half away from me. First off we were in the left lane and this guy would refuse to pull into the next lane to pass... If I was driving I would have sped up and raced his ass (I am sure he would have kicked my ass, I do drive a focus after all ) however my wife was driving and it got really freekin anoying!! Anyone else out there have this happen. Why do people have to drive like such bastards when they think they have a "fast car"

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Um, sorry - but if you were in the left lane YOU are supposed to get the hell over, not him. Passing on the right is extremely dangerous.

Honestly, there have been times where I wish I could seriously attack people that hog the left lane. Be glad we have gun control.

Fortunately some places in the States are realising that left lane hogs are dangerous and are ticketing them.

Khyron

My Ride
    a tank

ya I know how you feel. It happen to me a few times over the years. The one thing I do not wish people do on the road is tailgate me. Anytime I see someone that close to me I get very upset and a few times I normally would step on my brakes. Following someone that close has its consequence "and yes I know that is stupid too" but I cant help it. Must teach them a lesson.. They keep thinking so what if I hit my brakes.. whats the chance that I will do it.. well just to let you guys know.. I do step on my brakes.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride

Actually, the old rule that "if he hits me it's always his fault" is not true - you actually have to justify why you hit the brakes. And trying to avoid a small animal doesn't count.

Also the gaiter could be a lunatic who will follow you home. Not worth it - move over and let him get the ticket.

Khyron

My Ride
    jeep YJ, Dodge Caravan

Sorry, I ment that we were in the far right lane...damn It is too late to think!

My Ride

Oh well then he's an asshole and should be beaten severely.

Khyron

My Ride
    Brick Type R, SC AW11, Alcyone

Tailgaters suck a$$. Ahh well hopefully sooner than later they will learn how this will cost em.

I know a guy who constantly tailgates people. He did that to a cop car once and got nailed. Payed his followong too close ticket, and the next day same shit...Winter came, drove like a moron because he thinks his rav 4 on all seasons can stop on the dime, bam slams into a passat at a light. Why tailgate people on an icy road, Payed the person for repair/damages. Back to the same driving after the accident. Some people will never learn.
    omgwtfbbq

I just ignore the tailgater and maybe drive slower to entice him to pass.

My Ride
    00 GTS

Tailgating is bad and it's annoying when it happens to you, so if someone is doing this then gtf outta the way!
    Fast drivers and courteous drivers never get tailgated!

My Ride
    1988 T-Bird Sport

I find the best fix for tailgaters is to progressivley slow down till they get annoyed and back off or pass you. And if they blast by giving you the finger, yelling, or just glaring, blow them a kiss, they love that!

My Ride
    2010 GLK350 4MATIC, 2006 SLK350

Originally posted by Focus
    Sorry, I ment that we were in the far right lane...damn It is too late to think!
    You sure it was the right lane? Or are you just covering for your mistake of hogging the left? heh

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Originally posted by Kamen

You sure it was the right lane? Or are you just covering for your mistake of hogging the left? heh
    Even if he was hogging the left lane, tailgating is still unacceptable. He should have moved over, but it doesn't give the guy behind hime carte blanche to do whatever the hell he wants.
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride
    1988 Accord, 1990 4Runner SR5

Ya thats so true, especially on the highway, at highway speeds tailgating is just asking for an accident.

My Ride
    2010 GLK350 4MATIC, 2006 SLK350

You are right, but I never said tailgating was acceptable.
    Just wondering...

My Ride
    KA-T S13

Originally posted by T5Bird
    I find the best fix for tailgaters is to progressivley slow down till they get annoyed and back off or pass you. And if they blast by giving you the finger, yelling, or just glaring, blow them a kiss, they love that!

hahaha thats a good solution
    minus the kiss

My Ride
    MTA

Tailgaters are all about intimidation, just trying boost their low self esteem. worst thing is in NYC, freakin taxi cabbies have no shame, tail gate, swerve.

My Ride
    4Runner Trail Edition

Its called stomping on ur brakes!!!!
    "I just seen a cat out in front of me, and I got spooked"

If they guy keeps riding ur ass simply get out of your car at a redlight and dent his car =)

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

The only thing worse than tail-gaters are left-lane hoggers...
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

I'm the first person to move over when I see a faster car approaching in my rear mirror - I have no idea if that car has an emergency and needs to get by me BUT when these people speed up behind me in a residential area and try and force me to speed up - oh boy does my blood boil.
    Solution: ignore them. Make them more mad behind the wheel 'cause they are stuck behind a moving road block. I find most Intrepid drivers and F150's are the worst at doing this - plus they are women.
    (don't mean to sterotype here.... apologies to any Intrepid and F150 drivers)

My Ride
    '87 RX-7 Tii

It's basic common knowledge... get the hell over if you're both in the left lane and drivin' slow. That's what all those "Slow traffic keep left signs" are for.

Tailgating trucks and SUV are the worse, especially at night cuz their headlights shine right into your cabin if you're in a car. I usually just slow down to ungodly speeds until they pass.
    "Well here's the problem. Some koot put an Acura engine in your Honda."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast