Quantcast
problems adding a bmo bank acount to paypal - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: problems adding a bmo bank acount to paypal

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Default problems adding a bmo bank acount to paypal

alright so you know with paypal you need a transit number and a institution number right?

well on my online banking i cant even find a institution number and the transit number is only 4 digits and it needs to be 5

anyone else have this problem with bmo?

Look on your cheques.
    ---

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

i only have a savings account though

My Ride
    Village Bike

Originally posted by ercchry
    i only have a savings account though
    Why don't you call the bank then? There must be a 1-800 number you can call or get off your ass and walk to a branch and ask a teller.
    Between anarchy and calm, there is a door marked supplies.

To call BMO, 1-800-363-9992. Choose English (or French) and then enter in your account number after the 766 (on your bank card) and then their security question. Or whatever junk.

My Ride
    W204

Other than depositing the money into your account, do you have any other reason to provide them with your bank account? I did this once, and it was a ROYAL PAIN. Once you add a bank account, they automatically make it your default that cannot be changed. You need to specify credit card EVERYTIME you make a purchase.

So what happened? I put a couple of transactions thru without knowing and they went thru the bank account. Only problem was, I didn't have enough cash in the account at the time. And paypal, being stupid that they are, MAKES AT LEAST 3-5 AUTOMATIC ATTEMPTS to withdraw the money. EACH attempt will cost you anywhere between $20-$35 NSF fee. Or you can pay $10 to make a stop payment. Retarded. Which is why I'll never ever again register a bank account with them.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    PL24T

Originally posted by clem24
    Other than depositing the money into your account, do you have any other reason to provide them with your bank account? I did this once, and it was a ROYAL PAIN. Once you add a bank account, they automatically make it your default that cannot be changed. You need to specify credit card EVERYTIME you make a purchase.

So what happened? I put a couple of transactions thru without knowing and they went thru the bank account. Only problem was, I didn't have enough cash in the account at the time. And paypal, being stupid that they are, MAKES AT LEAST 3-5 AUTOMATIC ATTEMPTS to withdraw the money. EACH attempt will cost you anywhere between $20-$35 NSF fee. Or you can pay $10 to make a stop payment. Retarded. Which is why I'll never ever again register a bank account with them.
    Also, if somebody hacks your paypal account, they have full access to the balance in your bank account if you don't notice it in time.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

shit well good to know, and i guess i dont need it since im pretty sure the credit card worked for what i was doing. the paypal acount says it worked but my acount info online for the card doesnt have it yet (its been 10 hours)
    Last edited by ercchry; 09-05-2007 at 12:19 AM.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by drew_goring

Also, if somebody hacks your paypal account, they have full access to the balance in your bank account if you don't notice it in time.
    Ha... that is definitely not true.

I have my business account associated with PayPal, and the only way that you could have access to the "full balance" of my account is if you somehow had access to my bank account as I am required to authorize transactions via my bank account.

And you can set the credit card to be the default point of purchase medium... it's not hard

My Ride
    2010 XFR, 2015 F-350

Originally posted by ercchry
    shit well good to know, and i guess i dont need it since im pretty sure the credit card worked for what i was doing. the paypal acount says it worked but my acount info online for the card doesnt have it yet (its been 10 hours)
    Are you new? It usually takes a couple of business days for the transaction to show up on the online account info for credit cards.