Quantcast
Best Calgary Moving Company?? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Best Calgary Moving Company??

Question Best Calgary Moving Company??

Hey there,

I was just wondering who you guys think would be the best company to hire for moving from a house in Calgary to a house in Okotoks? Anyone have experience with anyone? We want help with the move, don't want to use uhaul again haha. We are trying to find people that are very careful with property and such, and won't damage furniture and whom are also efficent and respectable. Any help would be appreciated as we need to book something soon, moving in a month!

Thanks a bunch!

bump
    DTP 2006 Best Girl Tuner

My Ride
    GTI

My uncle moves people, he's in Ontario but comes here every month, I'll see if he'll be around then. He has a big truck and is careful with people's belongings. What date you planning on moving exactly?

What kinda truck, like he has a moving truck? cause we'd want to do it all in one move, not making trips.

My Ride
    GTI

Yes, it is a moving truck, big one, you could fit a few cars in the thing if you wanted to, it is big.

Do you know what he would charge approx? It would be around oct 6-15th sometime.
    DTP 2006 Best Girl Tuner

My Ride
    GTI

I have no idea, I'll get my mom to ask him. I'm sure it depends on how much shit you need to move. PM me the details and I'll find out for you.

I used Jay's moving for a project at work. You are looking at around 75/hr for a driver and tractor in town and probably an extra charge for mileage. If you want people to load for you it will likely be another 20 or so.

I can provide a contact if you would like.

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

My wife and I used Highland Moving, and they were great. Showed up on time, had everything loaded, moved, and unloaded in a few hours (the houses were only 10 minutes apart).

They even had little "We're moving" cards (about business-card size) which they mailed to us about a week ahead of time, for us to give out to friends and family with the new address. A nice gesture that helped show their attention to detail.

My Ride
    Fat Boy riding a Fat Boy

I've used Wagenaar's Moving 3 times. Local Calgary company. They do a lot of Vancouver/Calgary routes, but if the timing is right you might be able to book them.

I like them because they are right in the middle of pricing, they pack your pictures and lamps for you, take apart the furniture where applicable and honestly do a fine job.

I used them for my last move and they even moved my piano upstairs even though it wasn't included. I was counting on calling in the piano movers ... the Wagenaar boys did an awesome job of getting it up there without any damage.

Yeah I saw that Highland Moving and i was gonna ask them for a quote as well, they sound pretty decent!!
    DTP 2006 Best Girl Tuner

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Originally posted by Doozer
    My wife and I used Highland Moving, and they were great. Showed up on time, had everything loaded, moved, and unloaded in a few hours (the houses were only 10 minutes apart).

They even had little "We're moving" cards (about business-card size) which they mailed to us about a week ahead of time, for us to give out to friends and family with the new address. A nice gesture that helped show their attention to detail.
    they wrecked my stuff when I moved from calgary to vernon, we never got those cards, we had to wait three weeks for our stuff as their truck broke down, and their trucks couldn't fit into our street so they had to go and get two small trucks to fit stuff in.

Our company black listen them on our contractor list, so they will never get another contract with us again because of the problems my HR had to deal with.
    Cos...

My Ride
    POS

Calcity movers. They did two full packed trips in their cube van and was finished in 5hr's for $280(you pay per hr and fuel costs). Didn't break anything and didn't scratch any walls. Not a big company, just two guys that do this on the side and they are cheap, but definately not crappy movers. Not sure if they do Okotoks, but I wouldn't think it's a problem only being 30 minutes from Calgary.

I've recommended them to everyone that's asked me and everyone had been impressed just like I was when someone referred them to me.

I've used "Get a Move On" twice in the past 5 years and they're superb. Great owner and he seems to hire great staff. Small operation, but give them a try and I think you'd be happy.

They came recommended to us and I can understand why.

Ok so should stay away form Highland moving then?
    DTP 2006 Best Girl Tuner

Anyone ever hear of Ace Moving?

www.acemoving.ca
    DTP 2006 Best Girl Tuner

Ok the exact possession date is Oct 19th.
    DTP 2006 Best Girl Tuner

Anyone else got any suggestions? I've been emailing all the ones you suggested for quotes.
    DTP 2006 Best Girl Tuner

Check your PM (re: Get a Move On). Sorry to take so long to reply.

Our possession date was mid October '06 and they were able to take us on fairly short notice but we also did our move mid-week which made a world of difference for scheduling.

^^^^
    I recommend Get A Move On to all my mortgage clients who need a moving company.

I've also used them myself and been more than impressed.