Quantcast
Honk/Finger Stunting Ticket - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Honk/Finger Stunting Ticket

Default Honk/Finger Stunting Ticket

So....

About a month ago I went up north on a 1 day business trip from the airport, after getting back my boss picks me up, we are pretty good friends and we were going to see the new Bourne movie afterwards. Pulled over out of the blue, get a ticket for one of us allegedly fingering and honking at an officer. Need advice, read further:

On August 8th, 2007 at about 7:00pm
    After landing we drove away from the airport heading North on Barlow when I noticed (3 lanes over) near Toromont (100th Ave.) A Nissan Skyline or 240 could not tell at first (to far away) pulled over and focused on the cop behind him. Drive pass, point out the car and make a comment about it to my boss (the Skyline) and about 1km later a cop car has his lights on behind us, and the officer is yelling over the loud speaker to pull over to the right (really rudely) so my boss pulls over three lanes to the the right and parks at the edge of the road, after being yelled at over loud speaker a couple of times.... he comes up to the window and tells me (the passenger) to get out of the car and put my hands on his hood after taking my identification. I go to the front of the car and put my hands on his hood, he takes a step back from my boss's Jeep, looks at me and starts talking to my boss again... eventually comes over to me, tells me I have a problem following directions and tells me to put my hands on the passenger side, so still standing in front of the cruiser I put my hands on the passenger side... he gets really impatient tells me again I have problems following instructions and says "put your hands on the passenger side" I look down at the mud (following his vision path) on the edge of the road and decide to stay put but extend my hands further up the hood toward the passenger area. He gets really loud and tells me to "get over to the passenger side" I walk through the mud and stand with my hands on the passenger side. He calls for back up, then he goes into his car and does some stuff. Gets out of the car, tosses my ID across his hood and tells me to get back into the jeep and to not look back. So I get in, my boss tells me (by the way, I was pretty scared and didn't say a thing the whole time)... boss tells me that apparently we were honking the horn (asked who did it) and that one of us fingered him. A second officer shows up, and I can hear them talking about someone on vacation or something, comes up to the window and hands us each a stunting ticket (passenger stunting for me) and another for not wearing seatbelt ticket to my boss. I have no clue how the cop could have seen that from about 100-150 feet away travelling in opposite directions etc... anyways, have to go to set a trial date tomorrow, wondering if anyone has ever been in a similar situation or has any advice on what to do or if someone reading was the nissan pulled over that night....

Or, any thoughts as to why he would have done this? I think maybe someone else may have and in the 1 km loaded with traffic road he mistook us for someone else or, maybe he took exception to the way we were driving and just wanted to nail us with something, or maybe he thought we did all of this and just saw and heard things that weren't there (no honks heard by us btw)
    Last edited by Atombomb; 09-10-2007 at 12:30 AM.

PWND!1

My Ride
    Lease

Was it a Skyline with a Vtech in it?

Couldn't tell, I think it had gun metal rims, but truthfully, I didn't think much of anything or focus on the car all that much, I instantly shifted my focus from the car to the cop behind him and within miliseconds stared further down the road.

It was a gunmetal/grey color, coupe, facing south on 100th and Barlow.

Can the Crown help me, and if I am unsatisfied with what the Crown Prosecuter says, can I ask for a trial after speaking with him/her?

What would you do?

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Atombomb
    if I am unsatisfied with what the Crown Prosecuter says, can I ask for a trial after speaking with him/her?
    Yes.

Stunting ticket? Do they actually officially call it stunting?

fight it

Wow that is a pathetic ticket from a small, small man. Sounds like a classic case of a loser throughout life who had to get a badge to make him feel more at ease with having been stepped on/over all his life.

It's disappointing to see my tax dollars paying for this fucker's petty insecurities. Oh did that guy finger me as he was driving by at 100km/hr? Boo-fucking-hoo.

Hope you fight this reject and win.

My Ride
    A Yugo

fukn CPS - this calls for belligerent behaviour

Yeah fight it to the end and make as much noise about it as possible.

maybe he is having a bad day?.... if you didn't do it, take it to court. If you are not satisfied with the officer, you can file a complaint with CPS.

I say do both. Who the fuck are they to tell you where you're allowed to look? Fuck him. I don't hate cops, I hate bullies.

They're mad that they will never have a third of the class you do. Fuck this thread pissed me off.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Super_Geo
    Wow that is a pathetic ticket from a small, small man. Sounds like a classic case of a loser throughout life who had to get a badge to make him feel more at ease with having been stepped on/over all his life.

It's disappointing to see my tax dollars paying for this fucker's petty insecurities. Oh did that guy finger me as he was driving by at 100km/hr? Boo-fucking-hoo.

Hope you fight this reject and win.
    So true. They aren't all like this, but when they are, it's pretty terrible. I hate it when people take their jobs way too seriously...

My Ride
    WRX STI

My buddy and his gf got stunting tickets for flippin the bird. (they both have bad road rage lol). They went and fought them and they best they would do is only have one reduced.

My Ride
    DA6, R59

CPS is bullshit! My mom got a ticket for following too close in grid lock rush hour traffic! Just because she didn't let a un-marked, casual dressed u/c cop in. Now a little complaint has been filled through his supirior officer and looks like shes gonna get off the ticket and hopefully teh cop gets suspended w/o pay!
    Last edited by jdmXSI; 09-10-2007 at 12:08 PM.

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Originally posted by jdmXSI
    CPS is bullshit! My mom got a ticket for following too close in grid lock rush hour traffic! Just because she didn't let a un-marked, casual dressed u/c cop in. Now a little complaint has been filled through his supirior officer and looks like shes gonna get off the ticket and hopefully teh cop gets suspended w/o pay!
    He will not get suspended for writing a ticket, regardless of the validity of the infraction. That's ridiculous.

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Yeah i know, but sometimes its nice too dream! lol

My Ride
    Honda Civic GSR turbo!

seriously dood fukn cops will try and get you for anything!
    You can go Rocky Mountain building downtown i believe
    it says on the ticket...
    you can show up anytime before the date on the ticket!
    and just tell the crown what happened!
    In most of my cases the crown is really understanding
    Just have to agree with what he/she says...lol

but other then that advise i havnt heard of that before!
    lol

Originally posted by jdmXSI
    uhh....why didn't she let the cop in???!...was she being an ass?

My Ride
    Honda

This last weekend, I saw a patrol car flick his lights on to go through a red on 9th. I honked at him ~3 times and hung my finger out the window Pretty sure he saw me, and no ticket

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast