Quantcast
Mortal Kombat - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat

If this is the actual movie it's going to be sick! It's more likely for the game though I'm guessing.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by beecue
    If this is the actual movie it's going to be sick! It's more likely for the game though I'm guessing.
    omg that was crazy!, but you may be right tho, this might be made just for the game because the style of filming doesnt strike me as being snippets from a full out movie.

still tho, potential real life stories on how each character became how they are is what makes it awesome and i always thought of baraka as a 'good guy' lol

Originally posted by beecue
    wowww that looks soo sick.

DO WANT

My Ride
    240SX KA-T

Looked pretty sweet... Except Baraka with dreads...

According to IMDB it's been in "production hell" for 13 years... Threshold filed breach of contract in making it against Warner... Says release date of 2013 now.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0293429/

Barlow is offline I was under probation for 2 years

wouldn't it havemade more sence for Sub Zero to be the good guy, and Scorpion the bad???

Also Johnny Cage is dead to start with?

Also where is Luo Kang?

I will see this movie, not opening day but yeah....the old sonya was hotter!

We don't know it's a movie yet. Apparently it might be a test video to get funding from WB. Hopefully that's what its for and not for the upcoming game.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

HOLY SHIT.

If you follow the game lore (or the comic/book lore), Scorpion is actually the good guy and sub-zero is the villain. Johnny cage got killed off in ultimate mk3 and was brought back to life. I can't remember all the stories 100% it could all be on wiki though

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Mortal Kombat 1 was and still is fuckin awesome
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    4Runner

WOW too bad it'll come out in 3 years. They should totally get Nolan to make this movie.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Always wanted a celica? Or just since you got your first period?

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

From wikipedia, edited in today:

A third film is currently in the development stage with a tentative release date of 2010. After having read the script, Ed Boon has stated that the upcoming movie will be more of a reboot than a third sequel, as had been previously believed. A possible trailer has appeared on the internet showcasing Michael Jai White as Jax, Jeri Ryan as Sonya Blade, Matt Mullins as Johnny Cage, Ian Anthony Dale as Scorpion and Lateef Crowder as Baraka. Kevin Tancharoen directed the short and Larnell Stovall choreographed the fight scenes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_kombat
    Geek

Mortal Kombat was an awesome video game franchise. I thought the original movie did a good job of bringing the characters to life. You had their special moves/ fatalities showcased, the action was good, soundtrack was decent. You have to consider the time period the movie was released in and compare it to movies built on similar premises. Look at street fighter and double dragon as a few examples, both were horrible movies in comparison. In the mid 1990s mortal kombat was still popular as far as video games went and had some sort of following, I cant imagine anyone would want to see it these days. The only thing appealing about the clip posted above is jeri ryan, if this film ever sees a release it will flop.
    Last edited by mushi_mushi; 06-08-2010 at 10:25 PM.

Originally posted by mushi_mushi
    Mortal Kombat was an awesome video game franchise. I thought the original movie did a good job of brining the characters to life. You had their special moves/ fatalities showcased, the action was good, soundtrack was decent. You have to consider the time period the movie was released in and compare it to movies built on similar premises. Look at street fighter and double dragon as a few examples, both were horrible movies in comparison. In the mid 1990s mortal kombat was still popular as far as video games went and had some sort of following, I cant imagine anyone would want to see it these days. The only thing appealing about the clip posted above is jeri ryan, if this film ever sees a release it will flop.
    i disagree, i think it would do perfectly fine
    Last edited by icky2unk; 06-08-2010 at 10:14 PM.

Originally posted by eglove
    HOLY SHIT.

If you follow the game lore (or the comic/book lore), Scorpion is actually the good guy and sub-zero is the villain. Johnny cage got killed off in ultimate mk3 and was brought back to life. I can't remember all the stories 100% it could all be on wiki though
    That novel was written very good, it went into the history of Kung Lao and the MK tournament.

Scorpion was a the body of the son and spirit of the murdered father empowered by the god Yu to avenge the desecration of a river by Sub Zero.

Sub Zero had special armor that could draw upon the coldness of his soul and the whole story of the Lin Kuei ninja clan was badass, something like "those that didn't drown, starve to death, freeze to death, bleed to death, etc. became the Lin Kuei."

Johnny Cage got killed off by the extermination squads in 'normal' MK3, then he came back in MK Trilogy. Everyone thought cheap-ass Kabal was Johnny Cage in MK3.
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

The story is kinda butchered, but it's got a more modern and realistic feel to it. I like it.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    Mazda MX-3

I was a HUGE Mortal kombat fan like 10 years ago. Loved the characters and the story big time. I had forgotten about it completely till this thread. The first movie was entertaining for its time for sure.

That clip gave me goosebumps. Would love to see a new rebooted MK movie!

So it was made for WB. Based on the reception of the video, I think the movie will move forward.

http://ca.kotaku.com/5558850/that-mo...-ryan-explains

I actually dig the realistic feel and them getting away from the campiness of the magic the games had. Sure it's fun for a video game, but if you want to watch a movie and take it a bit more serious, I'm fine with it.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

They're trying to do with MK what Nolan did for Batman. Make the movie darker, and base it less on fantasy. I'd be interested to see how, if it ever happens, it's going to look at the end.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast