Quantcast
If a sponsor of beyond.ca - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: If a sponsor of beyond.ca

Default If a sponsor of beyond.ca

So if a sponsor of beyond were to say screw you over for over a thousand dollars would you be banned for sharing that information with other beyonders?

My Ride
    T MR2

how about you share with us Everyone likes to know what experiences they've had at certain shops.

My Ride
    2016 Focus RS - Stealth Grey

i guess if you have proof i dont see why they WOULDNT want you sharing..
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    93 Toyota Pickup

I would take it to PM's first and try and resolve the situation, as no doubt any sponsor of Beyond would lose money from a damaged reputation, they would/should be more willing to fix the problem before any tarnishing of their name happens..

If it cannot be dealt with, talking to Rage2 directly (as he is the owner of beyond.ca and would have dealt with the sponsors directly for.. well.. sponsorship) would be the next best thing.

And after going through it properly, and the business truly did screw you over, tarnish that shit, as other beyonders should know if a sponsor (who should be trusted, being a sponsor and all) is a rip off central. People have a right to know.

But deal with it privately if you can. Bad rep, even if dealt with, hangs around for a looonnnggg time .. Maybe theres a misunderstanding that can be dealt with privately.
    Originally posted by Grogador
    Shoulda threw in a "no homo" somewhere... cuz... yeah...
    Originally posted by turbotrip
    seems like a recipe for rape
    toexistphoto.com

well i purchased a replacement 300zx motor. the vg30dett and it has zero oil pressure. its commonly caused by having a dent in the oil pan so i changed the oilpan and pickup and still no oil pressure which tells me the oil pump is screwed. When i call the company they tell me i should have tested that before I installed it and they might have been able to do something about it. So i guess i am pretty much out 1200 bucks and alot of labour and i worry if i say where i bought it the thread will be deleted along with my account.
    Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Wait. Tom, THE Tom?
    Originally posted by Rusted Bumper
    As far as I can tell, tom_9109 has the most detailed and correct answer

My Ride
    Miller

Have you talked with the shop first. Please do that prior to posting anything negative. I am sure if there is a solution then it would be great to take that step first and if that doesn't work then come and tell us what happened. Things happen and can usually be fixed easily with a little communication.

Just my opinion as a shop owner.

My Ride
    Lease

I'm not familiar with used engine sales, but correct me if I'm wrong, don't you get 30 days warranty? (if it doesn't turn over in cases like this)

Originally posted by Jason Lange
    Have you talked with the shop first. Please do that prior to posting anything negative. I am sure if there is a solution then it would be great to take that step first and if that doesn't work then come and tell us what happened. Things happen and can usually be fixed easily with a little communication.

Just my opinion as a shop owner.

I talked to them and they don't really want to do anything and now won't even call be back. they have a 60 day warranty but i guess it doesn't cover anything except to ease you mind buying from them.

My Ride
    Jasons mom

30 day block and head warranty is the usual. I think oilpump counts as block and head, which means it should be warrantied. Tell them youre going to post negatively on here and see if that helps. I could understand if it was a power steering pump or alternator, but oilpump? thats just bullshit.

ya it is bullshit. not only did i have this problem but they advertise it as engine, ecu and harness. i got an engine, no ecu and a bunch of pigtails where harnesses used to be. that didn't bug me because i don't *NEED* it but oil pressure is a need.
    Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Wait. Tom, THE Tom?
    Originally posted by Rusted Bumper
    As far as I can tell, tom_9109 has the most detailed and correct answer

If the engine was installed in the vehicle and driven around you are probably out of luck.

My Ride
    subaru impreza STi

without oil pressure i doubt he drove it

My Ride
    Not Fast Enough..

Just drop the bomb..
    I would like to know regardless if they sponser on here or not.

My Ride
    Jasons mom

Without oil pressure that thing wold make so much noise you wouldnt wanna drive it. Anybody who is swapping engines should know that you crank it with the CAS Disconnected or some way to make it not fire, and you crank it untill the oil pressure light goes out or you see visible pressure on your guage.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Sounds like was installed and wouldn't turn over
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My car sounds like shit.

Originally posted by spec c
    without oil pressure i doubt he drove it
    you're bang on. i haven't even put it completely in, theres not even spark plugs in it yet. there is a chance that the pressure regulator on the oil pump is the culprit but that still means i have to pull it out and drop the oil pan, again to try to get oil pressure. and if it doesn't work i spend the 4 hours for nothing.

My Ride
    O.P.P.

Unless otherwise stated, used parts (including engines) will only carry a 30-day warranty. In your case it's 60-day, but the warranty/guarantee is for engine compression only, and even then only upon startup. So the compression of your engine is most likely good across the board, but none of the accessories are ever warrantied that come with the engine i.e. distributor/alternator/starter/water pump/ANY seals and gaskets, oil pump, etc. A shop would probably offer to sell you a new oil pump and/or new/used oilpan at cost or help you locate a good used oilpan and oil pump, or split the cost, but technically they wouldn't be liable because of the startup/compression warranty on the engine itself only (most likely the pump/pan got damaged in shipping if the customer didn't damage it themselves). Hope that helps a little....

My Ride
    Jasons mom

Changing that oilpump is a total beyotch too....

keep in mind it could need to be primed. Maybe crank it for a really long time if you already havent already.....

to prime it i believe you pour oil down the feed line of the turbo to the block.

My Ride
    subaru impreza STi

Originally posted by tom_9109

there is a chance that the pressure regulator on the oil pump is the culprit.
    that was my first thought too. i'm hoping for your sake its not, it's going to be alot of work and a royal PITA to do.

My Ride
    Jasons mom

Originally posted by cocoabrova
    Unless otherwise stated, used parts (including engines) will only carry a 30-day warranty. In your case it's 60-day, but the warranty/guarantee is for engine compression only, and even then only upon startup. So the compression of your engine is most likely good across the board, but none of the accessories are ever warrantied that come with the engine i.e. distributor/alternator/starter/water pump/ANY seals and gaskets, oil pump, etc. A shop would probably offer to sell you a new oil pump and/or new/used oilpan at cost or help you locate a good used oilpan and oil pump, or split the cost, but technically they wouldn't be liable because of the startup/compression warranty on the engine itself only (most likely the pump/pan got damaged in shipping if the customer didn't damage it themselves). Hope that helps a little....

Actually most shops say block and head. What the fuck good is an engine that doesnt have any oil pressure? The oil pump should be considered part of the block, as when you strip it down...it pretty much is the last part you take off. Not having a working oil pump is just as bad as not having compression in one cylinder.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast