Quantcast
Hit and run, Karma is a Bitch!!! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hit and run, Karma is a Bitch!!!

My Ride
    AE92GZE, Legacy BL, Yaris

Originally posted by rusich

I have a Russian background. I have also spent quite a bit of time in Germany and can compare the attitudes between those to countries and Canada.

Germany
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/htmlConte...24/wrag24.html

Russia
    http://www.journeyman.tv/?lid=57014

My Ride
    2009 Mitsu Lancer, 2004 Triumph Daytona

You Canadians are so stuck up about driving. Every driver feels so privillaged to drive a car it's just sickening.
    YOU my friend, are the exact reason why we have these stupid inconsiderate drivers that think they own the road and everyone should bow down to them. Go back to where you came from if thats the attitude your going to have, im sure everyone here feels the same way. Car accidents probably cause more deaths than anything else, and yet we STILL have people like yourself running around taking their life for granted....

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

^^^ Werd to that my well-spoken brotha

My Ride
    Rav4

Originally posted by kylemitz

YOU my friend, are the exact reason why we have these stupid inconsiderate drivers that think they own the road and everyone should bow down to them. Go back to where you came from if thats the attitude your going to have, im sure everyone here feels the same way. Car accidents probably cause more deaths than anything else, and yet we STILL have people like yourself running around taking their life for granted....
    You are welcome to take my post and vent your frustrations on it. However, making suggestions of me going back to were I came from is not very appropriate, no matter how strongly Canadian you might feel. Don't take me wrong, my initial comment was not ment to offend Canadians in general, but I've never seen so many people take what happens on the road so personally.

My Ride

I have a Russian background. I have also spent quite a bit of time in Germany and can compare the attitudes between those to countries and Canada.
    Well IT IS a car forum, people come here to share, and like others have explain it is a priviliged to drive not a right. Another big part why you see alot of this post is because most people are not used to this type of behaviour, is sad you gotten used to drivers not caring about their actions.

oh and if you are wondering if I'm Canadian I was actually not born here I been here for 18 years though and were I come from, drivers don't care about running over people, hopefully canada never gets used to this type of behaviour.

dude, I currently live in Germany and drive on the autobahn every day and I don't understand your point...like at all. I was born in Canada and lived there for 27 years.

I don't notice much of a difference between driving attitudes between countries. If I had space to safely change a lane and someone tried to close the gap, I'd force my way in. Every German would. Germans even force their way into spaces between cars where there is no space.

Don't take me wrong, my initial comment was not ment to offend Canadians in general, but I've never seen so many people take what happens on the road so personally.
    though I can understand that there's a bit of a language barrier, it's hard not to offend Canadians (in general) especially when you said, "You Canadians are so stuck up about driving. Every driver feels so privillaged to drive a car it's just sickening."

And to call it "sickening", I hope you can see how you set off a few people with that blanket comment.

but now that you point it out, I agree with you -the driver's in Europe don't take much in terms of vehicular occurrances very personally. You're on a car forum so your discourse of material is going to be biased to, well, automobiles and you're going to be subjected to stories as such.

Taking driving personally isn't a Canadian thing, it's a North American thing.

To be fair, Germans have WAY more laws than North Americans do. For instance, if you flip your middle finger up at someone in Germany, you lose your license for X months. You run a red light, you lose your license. etc. The laws are much more strict so it governs a different attitude towards driving.

My Ride
    fast and red.

Of course if you come from Russia you're surprised that people take driving so seriously here in Canada. If I came from a country characterized by rampant corruption, a dangerous dictatorship, chronic shortages of consumer goods, and rampant HIV rates, I wouldn't have time to get too worried about road reactions either.

Plus, driving around in a Lada, you're unlikly to be enraged at anything other than the engineers who designed your car...

My Ride
    WRX STI

Originally posted by canuckcarguy
    Of course if you come from Russia you're surprised that people take driving so seriously here in Canada. If I came from a country characterized by rampant corruption, a dangerous dictatorship, chronic shortages of consumer goods, and rampant HIV rates, I wouldn't have time to get too worried about road reactions either.

Plus, driving around in a Lada, you're unlikly to be enraged at anything other than the engineers who designed your car...
    GOLD

My Ride
    yo mama!

HAHAHA!

soo did u get a picture of his license plate?

You Canadians are so stuck up about driving. Every driver feels so privillaged to drive a car it's just sickening.

Originally posted by btown
    maybe because it IS a privillage?

Originally posted by 88CRXGUY
    Because it is a privilage to drive. not birth right.

Originally posted by the_fornicator

though I can understand that there's a bit of a language barrier, it's hard not to offend Canadians (in general) especially when you said, "You Canadians are so stuck up about driving. Every driver feels so privillaged to drive a car it's just sickening."
    Is bad spelling contagious?

Originally posted by richardchan2002

Is bad spelling contagious?
    lol.. if so please dont 'cauff' on me

Most people don't care about spelling anymore, although it annoys the shit out of me. privilege!!!

And as far as canadian driving attitudes go, I'd rather be part of a demographic that tends to have an attitude of some sort rather than not giving two shits about what happens. Added to that, like mentioned, this is a car forum and we love our cars. Therefore, go sit on a pole.

My Ride
    AE92GZE, Legacy BL, Yaris

Lada! too funny.

Spelling! ... firefox ftw! It highlights errors as you type.

My Ride
    12 TL

damn, that's gotta suck. Hope you find him.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Oh snap

My Ride
    fast and red.

did you ever find the guy in the S-10?

My Ride
    firebird

Good to hear he had what was coming to him. I have had two hit and runs (one in a church parking lot too) and no one even left a note or anything.

As for drivers attitude, I have to say that Calgarians do take things a little personally. I've driven in Toronto and people needle and work their way through the city because it is how they must get around in a city that is incredibly congested. When driving with my Dad there, I've seen him sneak his way into spots between cars (without a waive) that would have made any Calgarian road rage in a second....the difference there is that it is common and expected so peolpe dont get up-tight.

I've had a ton more driving experience in Calgary than the average driver as I have worked with the city of calgary driving up to 150 km a day and a delivery company driving up to 250 km a day. I can say that people here take driving manouvers a little too seriously. People need to get around- so what if he was in the right lane, it does not mean you need to cut him off and be agreessive and throw a beer bottle at his car! That is retarded!

Just throw a waive when someone lets you in or let someone in next time they are signalling and everyone wins- I can guarantee you wont be very too inconvenienced.

my .02
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2