Quantcast
Anyone writing the DAT? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Anyone writing the DAT?

My Ride
    2008 Lancer GTS

Default Anyone writing the DAT?

anyone taking the DAT this november?

or has taken it before...

any tips etc? what part did you find hardest? easiest?

im a bit behind in my studying for it... >_< just over a month till my half day long test.. omg...

My Ride
    a wrx.

Check this out...it's really good:

www.rockthedat.com

My Ride
    2008 Lancer GTS

was already planning on taking that ^_^
    i also saw your thread.. you got awesome scores man... holy shit

My Ride
    a wrx.

haha yeah I'm actually teaching at the Calgary session on Sept 22nd, so sign up!

My Ride
    2008 Lancer GTS

what?! thats in like a week! would it be the same as the one in october?

cause im at the u of c and clubs week is either this week or next and one of the clubs gets me some kinda discount.... unless you can do taht for me ^_^ lol

all i can say is practice your carvings.....order a ton of soaps and keep carving them until you can do them in your sleep
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    maybe your car is trying to tell u to stop ricing it out...u know, in its own little way.
    Originally posted by b_t
    I draw a pentragram on my garage floor, sacrifice a lamb on it, spread the blood everywhere, and park my car there overnight. I tried praying, but it didn't work, so pagan rituals it is.

But then again, thats because I drive a DSM. I personally have found my car very reliable, but thats because I get lamb at a good price.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by stefan.bounket
    what?! thats in like a week! would it be the same as the one in october?

cause im at the u of c and clubs week is either this week or next and one of the clubs gets me some kinda discount.... unless you can do taht for me ^_^ lol
    Yeah it's the same as the one in October, but why wait man? If you do it earlier, you'll have more time to practice. Plus October is the beginning of midterm season.

You're referring to SIMS right? You still have to register online at www.rockthedat.com (DO IT SOON BEFORE IT FILLS UP) and then get your discount through SIMS.

Originally posted by mikey_mo_love
    all i can say is practice your carvings.....order a ton of soaps and keep carving them until you can do them in your sleep
    Good advice, which is why we also sell soaps in bulk at our website, for way less than what the CDA charges. They're sold out right now, but they'll be available soon.

My Ride
    2008 Lancer GTS

Yes, im referring to SIMS.

If i sign up on the site, i haev to pay through paypal and such. How would i get that discount then?

Thanks for the tip on the carving too ^_^ i did a few and thought "ahh thats not so hard" and kinda backed off it.. but from that i guess its alot harder than im expecting

My Ride
    a wrx.

Yes, im referring to SIMS.

If i sign up on the site, i haev to pay through paypal and such. How would i get that discount then?

Thanks for the tip on the carving too ^_^ i did a few and thought &quot;ahh thats not so hard&quot; and kinda backed off it.. but from that i guess its alot harder than im expecting
    You still need to register and pay for the course through the website. SIMS doesn't run the course, they are just promoting it, and whatever specials they have can be applied AFTER you register on the website.

Really, I think it's much more important to make sure you register soon rather than worrying about when you'll get the discount (which you'll surely get.)

My Ride
    2008 Lancer GTS

well i'm trying to register for it... after i click confirm and all.. it brings me to a paypal page that doesnt load anything... and has a link "Click here to retry"

O_o i'm gonna email the rockthedat people too.. but if you know the problem this would probably be a quicker response then the email.

thanks in advance ^_^

My Ride
    a wrx.

well i'm trying to register for it... after i click confirm and all.. it brings me to a paypal page that doesnt load anything... and has a link &quot;Click here to retry&quot;

O_o i'm gonna email the rockthedat people too.. but if you know the problem this would probably be a quicker response then the email.

thanks in advance ^_^
    Yeah, click the "help" page and it'll give you instructions on how to lower your security settings temporarily so it'll work.

My Ride
    2008 Lancer GTS

Thanks Jeff, I'm now registered in the september 22/23 session

See you then =D lol
    Last edited by stefan.bounket; 09-16-2007 at 08:52 PM.

My Ride
    B6 A4 3.0Q

Originally posted by mikey_mo_love
    Don't listen to this goon. He is probably the worst dentist 'to be' that I know

No yeah study those damn carvings!

And to Jeff. He's a smart mo fo despite the fact he did his degree in Nutrition!

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Gondi Stylez

And to Jeff. He's a smart mo fo despite the fact he did his degree in Nutrition!
    Thanks for the good words! There is going to be another Rock the DAT course in Calgary on October 13, 14. Sign up guys!