Quantcast
Scratch Removal Place/Products (Car keyed) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Scratch Removal Place/Products (Car keyed)

My Ride
    Subaru GR

Default Scratch Removal Place/Products (Car keyed)

Yes indeed, another one of these threads. Searched first (of course), but now I'm just wondering what everyone has done for your scratches. More specifically getting your car keyed.

rant: come out this nice sunny afternoon and noticed a 3ft long scratch from my pass. rear quarter to the handle of the rear door. Fuckin' people, I know its hard to avoid random acts of vandalism, but shiet just sucks period. /rant

After 2 hours of cooling off, the car was not totally unblemished, but this unsightly scratch is bothering me. So ideally I'd like to take care of this in the most time/money efficient manner.

Any help is appreciated!

My Ride
    Lease

Picture of the scratches? Can you run your finger nail through the scratch, or is it too deep that your finger nails stops into the groove?

Sorry to hear that, try contacting Jed from mobilereflections.ca he's a member here.

My Ride
    Subaru GR

thanks for your help. The start and end of the scratch my nail runs over it, but in the middle section (picture) its the deepest and a clicking sound is heard.

I'll try your contact. Thanks again!

http://members.shaw.ca/one.bar/scratch.JPG
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    Lease

I don't think that'll polish out completely, you probably have to do a combination where you use touch up paint and fill up and level the chip, wet sand it, lightly brush clear coat, wet sand that, and then buff and power polish.

As user SNEEK for his opinion too, he's not a business but knows a lot about detailing.

My Ride
    Subaru GR

Thanks again man, much appreciated
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

+1 to this... I come home and discover 2 3 feet long key scratches on the trunk of my car...

They weren't there this morning.... I did go to a wendys near heritage for lunch.. filled with high school kids... a few walking too close to my car... but what can I do? flip out and run outside every time someone walks too close to the car... The way I was parked I wouldn't have seen them doing it..

My Ride
    Subaru GR

Sux that this stuff happens everyday. What can you do, better then a garage queen I guess

The general rule of thumb is when you run your nail over it, and it clicks it is too deep to be repaired by polishing. What car is this on? The paint looks metallic so it would be a PITA to try to fill, sand and buff, even if you use microfine brushes. I did a brief write up on this somewhere, but I can't find it at the moment.

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    Ask user SNEEK for his opinion too, he's not a business but knows a lot about detailing.
    Thanks Tom!

My Ride
    MK7 Oryx White R, 79 Austin Mini Cooper

sorry to hear about that Chris....ask ray for the contact of the company that does Calgary BMW's touch ups. They do amazing work....hope you get it all figured out guy

My Ride
    Subaru GR

^thanks Les, yeah its a PITA, but what can you do.

Originally posted by sneek
    The general rule of thumb is when you run your nail over it, and it clicks it is too deep to be repaired by polishing. What car is this on? The paint looks metallic so it would be a PITA to try to fill, sand and buff, even if you use microfine brushes. I did a brief write up on this somewhere, but I can't find it at the moment.

Thanks Tom!
    Thanks for the info, I'll search for your thread and link it in this one so it doesn't get lost to time (lol). It paint is off a 92 BMW 325i.

i need that link i got a pretty bad one too...:

My Ride
    SoupRYou

werd same here
    sig kinda deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by 1-Bar
    ^thanks Les, yeah its a PITA, but what can you do.

Thanks for the info, I'll search for your thread and link it in this one so it doesn't get lost to time (lol). It paint is off a 92 BMW 325i.
    It might have been done by PM :| I will look through my inbox. But if the scratches are slightly bigger you could try the Langka kit. I think it is a pretty simple solution and it doesn't look too bad. Metallics are kind of hard. I have yet to see a perfect touch up, because there is always no orange peel, but it would look good from a couple feet. it is only when you get close that you see a difference in texture in the paint.

My Ride
    Subaru GR

thanks for the help ^^^ Anything is better then that white scratch

My Ride
    16 RDX

The part of the scratch on the lower panel could likely be sanded and polished to remove it.

The rest could be improved with sanding and buffing but it would still be very obvious.

A scratch like this is very very difficult to repair perfectly - it will definately require matched touched up paint and the right skill and equipment!

My Ride
    '01 Acura CL Type S

...happened to me and I know it suckss but why not just go with your insurance company?? someone scratched my car beside SAIT a couple of years ago, I told my insurance company and asked if my insurance would go up if they were to fix it, they said no the insurance would stay at the same rate because it's an act of vandalism and not my fault...I think all I had to pay was a $100 deductable to fix up the scratches but that depends on what insurance company you with....