Quantcast
Talking down dealers - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Talking down dealers

My Ride
    Civic . . .

Question Talking down dealers

hey guys and gals, as some of you know I'm on the prowl for a new car and I've been looking at a couple at dealerships. I need to know the best way to talk a dealer down. Beeing a girl kinda sucks when it comes to these things but you got to do it. I bought my last car from a dealership and talked the sticker price down 2 grand. But that was a long time ago, and it also helped that I had one of my guys with me. Any tips you guys throw out would be great thanks.
    never argue with idiots, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 09:31 PM.

My Ride
    Civic . . .

Damn thats gotta be one of the only disadvantages of being a girl
    never argue with idiots, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

most dealerships have a no haggle price which means, no haggling lol.

so the best you might get is a couple hundred off and maybe a 3M clear plastic front.

my parents get new cars every 8 months so i pretty much know the routine lol.

its to bad that you cant dicker as much as you used too.

Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
    most dealerships have a no haggle price which means, no haggling lol.

so the best you might get is a couple hundred off and maybe a 3M clear plastic front.

my parents get new cars every 8 months so i pretty much know the routine lol.

its to bad that you cant dicker as much as you used too.

I actually think bargaining sucks. Dealers should have a set price for a brand new car, and maybe they can throw in a couple extras (I dunno, free 3M clear taped front like you said, or they cover the GST or something), but major bargaining is bullshit. In the end, different people get very different prices because of their age, sex, whatever, which is lame.

My Ride
    L-Tuned

Wear something low cut with a short skirt...

Originally posted by Altezza
    I tried that, doesn"t work!!!

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

Originally posted by Abom

I actually think bargaining sucks. Dealers should have a set price for a brand new car, and maybe they can throw in a couple extras (I dunno, free 3M clear taped front like you said, or they cover the GST or something), but major bargaining is bullshit. In the end, different people get very different prices because of their age, sex, whatever, which is lame.
    your exactly right, thats why they have no haggle prices, so they can give everyone the same price despite race, sex or age.

My Ride
    '15 GTI

just lie about other cars of relative value you found at other dealerships..."but so and so down the street has a similar car for 2k less...and 40k less on the odometer...now what are you gonna do mr. salesman?"

Originally posted by three.eighteen.
    just lie about other cars of relative value you found at other dealerships..."but so and so down the street has a similar car for 2k less...and 40k less on the odometer...now what are you gonna do mr. salesman?"

First of all, new cars have less than 1000km on the odometer. So this 40k less must apply to used cars. On used cars you have some room to bargain, and rightfully so, because every single used car has it's own unique set of little problems, so you and the used car dealer work out a price that you're both happy with.

On a new car, they're all the same, and there shouldn't be any bargaining involved. That's just fucking lame

Oh, and lying about other cars you've seen is fucking lame as well. How would you like it if you were trying to sell your own car privately and someone came to look at it and started talking about how Mr. Joe Blow down the street is selling a better one for less money? That's not only gay, but it's not right either. Don't lie about shit like that
    Last edited by Abom; 07-04-2003 at 07:33 PM.

My Ride
    Civic . . .

Originally posted by Altezza
    You know that did cross my mind, but have you ever tried test driving a standard in a skirt jj I wouldn't use my body to try to buy a car . . . . but maybe for. . . jj again

My Ride
    90hp beast

Hey guy's wut up.. This may be a bad way to introduce myself but.. I signed up just to reply to this post.... and maybe more in the futre..

Sleeping with the dealer can get you COST..

Originally posted by Ichigo
    Hey guy's wut up.. This may be a bad way to introduce myself but.. I signed up just to reply to this post.... and maybe more in the futre..

Sleeping with the dealer can get you COST..

Welcome to beyond!!

My Ride
    NC1

On a new car, they're all the same, and there shouldn't be any bargaining involved. That's just fucking lame
    Dude, that is lame. Who pays MSRP? Are you saying there should be no bargaining on new cars? Unless its an AMG, STi or something else high in demand, I am expecting something off. Take advantage of it now before all the dealerships move towards the one price policy.

Anyway, first thing I do is look at the interest rate. I hate paying interest haha

Show the salesguy you are serious about purchasing a car, once he believes you, he will do anything to make the sale.

This what I would do, pick your vehicle, have a price in mind. Show up on a rainy, slow day, shortly before closing, they will be desperate to close the deal
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by max_boost
    Dude, that is lame. Who pays MSRP? Are you saying there should be no bargaining on new cars? Unless its an AMG, STi or something else high in demand, I am expecting something off. Take advantage of it now before all the dealerships move towards the one price policy.

Anyway, first thing I do is look at the interest rate. I hate paying interest haha

I'm assuming that you want to pay in straight cash, when financing comes into play and such, things are different in every single case, and as such can't be compared.

Personally, I will never buy a car by financing or any other way like loans and such. If I don't have the money to buy it, I won't. Loaning / financing your car is shitty. You pay interest (read: waste money) and if anything were to happen (you lose your job, you get a pay cut, etc) and you can't pay anymore, they take your car and ruin your credit

Anyways, yes, I am saying there should be NO bargaining with the price on brand new cars. It leads to nothing but bullshit, like influences based on age, gender, etc, like we're seeing in above posts. That, in my opinion, is lame and shouldn't happen. A new car cost a certain amount of money, and that's that. If people don't like the price tag, they shouldn't buy it

My Ride
    NC1

I'm assuming that you want to pay in straight cash, when financing comes into play and such, things are different in every single case, and as such can't be compared.

Personally, I will never buy a car by financing or any other way like loans and such. If I don't have the money to buy it, I won't. Loaning / financing your car is shitty. You pay interest (read: waste money) and if anything were to happen (you lose your job, you get a pay cut, etc) and you can't pay anymore, they take your car and ruin your credit

Anyways, yes, I am saying there should be NO bargaining with the price on brand new cars. It leads to nothing but bullshit, like influences based on age, gender, etc, like we're seeing in above posts. That, in my opinion, is lame and shouldn't happen. A new car cost a certain amount of money, and that's that. If people don't like the price tag, they shouldn't buy it
    I am user #49

What's so funny? You think financing your way into debt is cool? Or unfair bargaining is cool?

My Ride
    NC1

What's so funny? You think financing your way into debt is cool? Or unfair bargaining is cool?
    Those who finance their way into debt are inept in dealing with financial matters.

Nothing wrong with bargaining on a new car either, everyone loves to save a buck or two.

With your one sided way of thinking, it is really pointless trying to get anything across to you.
    I am user #49

Those who finance their way into debt are inept in dealing with financial matters.

Nothing wrong with bargaining on a new car either, everyone loves to save a buck or two.

With your one sided way of thinking, it is really pointless trying to get anything across to you.

Just because people go into debt doesn't mean they can't handle their finances. Say you're paying off a new car, as well a mortgage on a house. Say you lose your job suddenly one day, you're laid off or something. How is that a person's fault? Does it mean they can't handle their finances?

And no, like I said, dealers can through in little stuff like taking care of the GST and such. But with larger differences in price, it just becomes unfair for certain people, which is wrong.

My Ride
    '13 MB C350 W204 '09 Gixxer 750

To get back on track. It kind of depends on the type of car you want. Domestics have great deals on them and Salesguys are hungary because they have a Ford or GM Dealer every couple of blocks.

If you're looking to purchase a car and want to deal try and find one that isn't in as high of demand and they have in stock. Prehaps try the "Gees, I really like this Civic but I really had my heart set on a black one instead of this Silver one". That quite often will get you a little better deal.

As far as being a girl, if the salesguy give you flak, ask to have another salesperson to help you. YOU SHOULDN'T TAKE ANY SHIT FROM THEM. It's your money and a major investment, be comfortable with your purchase. Nothing is worse than Buyer's Remorse. Also, ALWAYS be ready to walk away if they start to give you a little flak. Remember, you are doing them a favour by buying a car from them, they are not doing you a favour by selling you a car. They are always other dealer s that are in town that you can deal with...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast