Quantcast
nicer clubs or bars to go to in calgary - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: nicer clubs or bars to go to in calgary

My Ride
    V167

dj_rice: No need to bash on your own kind. It's obvious that your jokes are just a defense mechanism of sorts. I'm also analyzing the psychological thought that must have been put into picking the images for your sig. You have a sig which depicts homosexual activity in all 3 images. My guess is that you have selected these "gay bashing" images in the hopes of putting on a mask of sorts...a straight mask....so you can pretend you are like one of us (straight guys). Such a large show of homosexual activity is an obvious cry for attention. It's pretty obvious what you're up to. You want all of your online homies to know they are dealing with a straight guy and that they can share their homo-bashing jokes with you just as they would with any of their other friends. At meets you probably laugh along with everybody else as they make comments about the noob fags...but deep down inside of you burns a fire of pure rage and hatred towards such insults. I could continue but I fear that as I uncover your charade you may act rashly.

Originally posted by Spoons

Isn't Luckys a gay bar?
    I swear they had some thing at the stampede in the back and all I saw were men without shirts on...
    uhh isn't that pretty much what Stampede is?

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by nismodrifter
    dj_rice: No need to bash on your own kind. It's obvious that your jokes are just a defense mechanism of sorts. I'm also analyzing the psychological thought that must have been put into picking the images for your sig. You have a sig which depicts homosexual activity in all 3 images. My guess is that you have selected these "gay bashing" images in the hopes of putting on a mask of sorts...a straight mask....so you can pretend you are like one of us (straight guys). Such a large show of homosexual activity is an obvious cry for attention. It's pretty obvious what you're up to. You want all of your online homies to know they are dealing with a straight guy and that they can share their homo-bashing jokes with you just as they would with any of their other friends. At meets you probably laugh along with everybody else as they make comments about the noob fags...but deep down inside of you burns a fire of pure rage and hatred towards such insults. I could continue but I fear that as I uncover your charade you may act rashly.
    OMG that was probably one of the funniest posts I've read here in a while, your fuckin' hilarious buddy
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Originally posted by jay42w8

yea its "tyte" alright, you might even get stabbed to death like that kid last nite if your lucky
    I read your post and it didn't surprise me at all - and then I found out I knew the guy too. He wasn't some thug that got killed as a revenge attack. Bump into the wrong person and you're dead at that place. Had another friend who spilled a couple drops of beer on a guy (not hard to do considering how crowded it is), and he got surrounded and then bottled no questions asked. Such a shitty bar. I could go on with a ton of other reasons why the bar sucks, but just the fact that it's probably one of the most dangerous places you can be in Calgary is enough not to go.

My Ride
    '05 Wrx stage 2

Originally posted by Ajay
    I heard that new place called Mile One isn't that bad. I was in there a week before it opened and it looked real nice inside that's for sure.
    I watched UFC there on Saturday night and it's really cool. It's basically an upscale sports bar/lounge. Definitely recommend it.

Tantra is my club of choice... Plush is pretty tight too... but friend of a friend got stabbed there so itll probably be a while before i go back.

Originally posted by TVG

I read your post and it didn't surprise me at all - and then I found out I knew the guy too. He wasn't some thug that got killed as a revenge attack. Bump into the wrong person and you're dead at that place. Had another friend who spilled a couple drops of beer on a guy (not hard to do considering how crowded it is), and he got surrounded and then bottled no questions asked. Such a shitty bar. I could go on with a ton of other reasons why the bar sucks, but just the fact that it's probably one of the most dangerous places you can be in Calgary is enough not to go.
    agreed...if you're over 21, do not go there...unless u still have the maturity level of a 16-21 yr old....the place is packed too to the max...definitely a fire hazard...and I'm not joking about the age range either..they DO NOT check ID...I'm Asian so I can actually tell how old some of these fuckin kids are....lol....kids that go to these bars are the reasons why places like Tantra and Whiskey don't allow anyone under 25 in

RIP to your friend

My Ride
    BMW X5

No Name/RBM/Red Lounge/whatever you want to call it. It is by far my favourite place to go on a Friday night. I'm there almost every week.

Fuel is second.

My Ride
    eg

Have enough FUEL so you can make it to MERCURY go around the BOULEVARD then take the BACK ALLEY to THE CECIL.

R.I.P Ziggy P
    dont party to hard up there. peace:
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

HAHAH YES!

The Mets have gone downhill. The Stephen Ave one used to have a great crowd but then seems to have gotten too popular and a lot of younger kids and suburbanites starting coming there and the regulars left. The Met in that mont royal building there off 17th ave was always a bit more trashier but was still a fun time. But that place has gone down hill too.. the crowd really changed... it got much older and much more sketchy.

Mercury is good these days. bugalow is still all right. blvd seems like it has potential but have only been there once early on since havent spent many weekends intown lately.

Originally posted by ashee
    I like the Met

Originally posted by cherpintow

I watched UFC there on Saturday night and it's really cool. It's basically an upscale sports bar/lounge. Definitely recommend it.
    I thought it was illegal to show UFC in a bar/pub? They have banners running across the screen all the time saying it's "strictly prohibited". Is there a way around that? Just curious.

My Ride
    2000 Neon

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

I thought it was illegal to show UFC in a bar/pub? They have banners running across the screen all the time saying it's "strictly prohibited". Is there a way around that? Just curious.
    They pay royalties to the UFC when they hold it. You can't simply order the PPV in a bar and make money off of it, but if you have the UFC's permission then you pay them per person in attendance (I am assuming...)

I love how the owner of Plush goes to the media and tries to blame it on the politicians not allowing cops to work OT at bars at night when they OPTED out of the program AND consistently caters his bar to underage punk ass kids

I don't mean to be racist in any way here, but is Plush not mainly an Asian/Black bar? I went there once with one of my friends (who is Black) and all I saw was a good portion of Asian's and Blacks, all of whom did not look happy to see a white kid. I left pretty fast.

My Ride
    6th gen accord

yea its "tyte" alright, you might even get stabbed to death like that kid last nite if your lucky
    asian guy? around how old.

My Ride
    eg

Hes a good friend of mine.

R.I.P Ziggy P
    dont party to hard up there.
    peace:
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by Spoons
    I don't mean to be racist in any way here, but is Plush not mainly an Asian/Black bar? I went there once with one of my friends (who is Black) and all I saw was a good portion of Asian's and Blacks, all of whom did not look happy to see a white kid. I left pretty fast.

This comment can be said about most bars in Calgary....Cherry Lounge, Mynt, NYLA
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

bahaah cherry lounge aka eyeballs and teeth

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast