Quantcast
WHY you DON'T GO TO HALLMARK AUTO BODY - My ridiculous turn of events with this place - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WHY you DON'T GO TO HALLMARK AUTO BODY - My ridiculous turn of events with this place

My Ride
    1997 BMW 328i Convertible

I bet the adjuster works for ING and if so you should hire your own appraiser to get an independent report.

Then file a writ in small claims court against the bodyshop.

Report ING to the insurance brokers association of Alberta for misconduct if the fuck you around.

And take your story to the Herald, the local TV, your Alderman.

Hire some street bums to picket the body shop with big signs that say "This shop does shit work beware!".

Hard lesson is that businesses who perform insurance claims work consider the insurance company to be thier customer since that's who pay's them. It's the bums rush man sorry to hear about your troubles.

I'll never deal with those jackasses either.

My Ride

SOOO many of these threads on beyond now. What the hell is with the fucking sheisters and shoddy shops in town. I'm terrified to take my car out of the garage now.

My Ride
    has 2 wheels and goes like stink

stay away from courtesy collision in ogden as well.

Originally posted by Crymson
    SOOO many of these threads on beyond now. What the hell is with the fucking sheisters and shoddy shops in town. I'm terrified to take my car out of the garage now.
    Like every other business/industry in Calgary right now, I'm pretty certain they're suffering from the labour shortage as well. Good help is hard to find and great help, impossible. It's not an excuse, just saying I bet there are more fuck ups more often because of it.

Okay so here is another update.

A guy from WestCan Appraisals came out and looked at the vehicle. He was 15 minutes late and didn't even apologize. Anyways, all I need him to do is tell ING that my car is not old and rusty and that it is just the area where the bodyshop fixed where it is starting to bubble. My car looked amazing when he came and he said my car looked really good for is age. I will contact ING on Monday.

I updated today with some interesting information. Updates can be found in orginal post.

I am still waiting for ING to get back to me. This is taking it's time, anyone else have experiences with ING?

I still see no correlation between 6k and a door.

1800 for the door
    500 for trim

2300 for parts....HOW THE EFF DOES ONE JUSTIFY CHARGING 3720 to paint and install a fucking door?

That should have been your second clue that the shop sucks. Your first being all the shitty original work causing constant problems to your bumper etc.

Sorry for your problems but it sounds like they saw you coming all the way....

My Ride
    ED & EG

what a nightmare... hope it all works out for you. It's always nice when fellow consumers give a heads up when a company is acting poorly and vise versa.

Can you take them to small claims court?

Yes, once ING has decided on what they are going to do or what they are not going to do, I will contact Global News, CTV, Marketplace and other media/news/press companies. This is winter, it's going to be a hot topic with the increased number of accidents. Then small claims or law-suit. I am not going to stand down, people should not be treated this way by any company. Also, it's not like I am being unreasonable, I feel as though I have a good case.

Wow, good for you for not backing down.

Good luck with this and keep us updated.
    Sounds like a bunch of crooks.

Originally posted by anarchy
    Wow, good for you for not backing down.

Good luck with this and keep us updated.
    Sounds like a bunch of crooks.
    Thanks man! And if Hallmark is reading, me going to the media is not a threat, it's a promise.

Updated : I just responded to their repsonse. I will see what happens now.

My Ride

man I ran into this types of problems in the past, but with a mechanic shop, but I didn't get screwed this bad, Sorry to hear shops like this take advantage of people just because they are not assholes like them, I'm looking forward to updates .

My Ride
    See sig

Yeah... just another praise for Screamin' over here.
    1978 Porsche 924//1987 Chevrolet Chevette
    //1987 Kia Besta//2000 Audi A6//2013 VW Jetta//2006 Kawasaki ZX6

UPDATE

This was the response that I had forwarded to the BBB in regards to Hallmark's response.

Dear Better Business Bureau,

I do not accept Hallmark's response. Firstly, and I quote their response, the bubbling is "not related to ... (their)... workmanship in anyway"? I find this to be clearly inaccurate because the only areas on my car that are bubbling, peeling, separating, rusting, etc. are from their repairs! The area, like I stated above, was fixed the first time due to the original accident, then the paint lifted and separated from the car, then they fixed it again, and now the area is proceeding to bubble. There is no doubt in my mind that moisture and road salt got into the massive gap between the paint and the car when their paint had lifted and separated from my car after it was fixed the first time and before it was fixed on that second occasion. Also, they state that "the paint issue is of an unknown nature" and then proceed to say "most likely a rusting issue". This is a complete contradiction, they say it's unknown but then continue to tell me what they "think" the problem is without even examining it. No other area on my car has any problems with the quality other than the areas that Hallmark has fixed. This is not a coincidence, it is factual. When I went to their shop on September 24, 2007, they acknowledged the problem and they told me that this is going to keep on happening because they repaired the metal and didn't replace the metal.

Now, this is where I am going to address the comment about what I have posted online, even though it is completely irrelevant to the case. I have posted exactly what I have sent to you, the BBB, on some car enthusiast websites clearly stating that the material I have posted is my own experience. I have never once used slander against their company, I am telling the truth, in my experience, of what happened when I took my car to their business. I was treated terribly, I was given the run around, I received shoddy workmanship, and I had to go back COUNTLESS times to get things FIXED over and over.

Hallmark says, "Normally, we would help a customer in goodwill, but due to the negative comments..." Basically, they are not going to do anything for me. I find that Hallmark Autobody is now skirting around the issue by saying that because I shared my negative experience with others that they will now no longer honour their warranty, the warranty that I paid for. I cannot see how they can relate what I say about their business to what they should or should not do when it comes to the warranty that I and my insurance company paid for when I brought my vehicle to them the first time. Businesses receive positive comments and negative comments and it is up to the business to be proud of the positive comments and to find a resolution to fix the negative comments within good reason. Hallmark treated me exceptionally bad when I went down to their business on September 24, 2007 about the paint bubbling. Hallmark was the one swearing, yelling and being rude. Hallmark was insulting me, the customer, and Hallmark was not standing behind their warranty; the warranty that I paid for. This is exactly why I am bringing this to the attention of the BBB.

Thank you and regards,
    Justin.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Well, I'll never go to Hallmark.

- 1 customer for them.

Pretty crappy thing to have happen
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

Ok guys,

Dealing with ING has been a total pain in my ass as well. After waiting and waiting and waiting for them to call me back, I always have to call them. I am sick of playing these games! It's been almost two months since I called them about this problem and now all they have to say to me is that they cannot do anything for me and that I have to "prove my loss."

So, they say that they can't determine the cause so I have to go and pay someone to take off the paint and grind into the metal to look at it. This is bullshit! What did their adjuster do other than arrive 20 minutes late? He just looked at it. LOOKED at it and told them that it's not Hallmark's fault. Um, ING says I have to pay and get it grinded back to look at it because it can't be determined but the adjuster who just "looked" at it can tell what's wrong?

God this is SO FRUSTRATING.

But, I am not done fighting this yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast