Quantcast
Lucid Dreaming - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucid Dreaming

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by MilanoRedTeg
    it actually makes me feel better to see that i'm not the only one, it always feels like something is grabbing me and trying to me me off or right through my bed/couch. my scariest episode was probably when i fell asleep propped upright and it felt like something started choking me from behind and whispering shit in my ear. It was after that time when I was like fuck this i'm going to a doctor.
    that sounds like some nightmare on elm street shit

Originally posted by littledan
    in some cultures it is beleived that sleep paralysis is actually caused by a ghost who is holding you down! now that is some scary shit especially if you heard a bunch of childrens voices. aiya.
    Also it's believed that if you don;t wake up from it, your soul will be taken by the ghost. Thus you die, which adds even more horror to the experience.

MilanoRedTeg, I'm glad that you don't suffer from it any more. But for future reference, if the experience is unbearable there are ways you can end it quickly. Do try and concentrate on moving your finger tips. The nerve onfingers seems to be the least effected parts on your body by the paralysis. Ever watched The Skeleton Key? same analogy, man. It's all a hallucination that your mind plays. By moving fingers, you are kind of breaking the "spell" that you are under.
    Channel your inner kill bill!
    Last edited by wakeup; 10-02-2007 at 01:00 AM.

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    I kind of have 2 that have stuck with me over the yrs, not lately, but every now and then..

the first being me in a hay mow/ hay loft.. (I grew up on a farm) So I'll be up there and theres this black hole in the hay that I either jump in or fall in, and I get the most intense free falling feeling, so much so that it feels I can't breath and my whole body tightens right up, tighter and tighter as I expect the impact to come any second, and them BOOM! it's over, I think I wake up and my body loosens up but it feels like the burn you get from working out..

The next having something to do with the fact I was always kick ass at jumping when I was younger, high jump long jump..etc.. I'll be just dreaming of everyday shit and for some reason I jump, but I end up being able to jump say a couple hundred feet in the air, and kind of glide like a squirrel, I'll glide for a bit, until it always enters my head I'm not able to glide!? wtf am I doing way up here..
    sorry to double post but I just read yours.
    Sounds like growth dreams. I guess you are still growing dude.

My Ride
    2000 Neon

I've heard about this lucid dreaming stuff but only when I started experiencing this thing called sleep paralysis. I doubt alot of you have heard about that but scared the shit out of me at first, even went to the doctor and he had heard about it but there isn't much I can do about it. Heres some links to it if your interested, freaked me out when I saw these pages because it described pretty much what was happening to me and I thought I was just going crazy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

http://watarts.uwaterloo.ca/~acheyne/S_P.html
    I have been getting those too, the first time it scared the living hell out of me, found out what it was on the net. WHat happened was I was laying on the couch downstairs and all of a sudden the sound of my hot tub running stopped, then I felt a strong pressure pushing me into the couch. I tried moving but couldn't do anything, I heard some scary demonic voice and I couldn't yell out. It was so freaky, I thought I was either dying or being possessed. Second and third time it still scared the crap out of me, even though I was fully aware what was going on. A little better now but I still hate having them
    Last edited by krisopotamus; 10-02-2007 at 02:25 PM.

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

fuck i just read up on lucid dreaming and i get that when my alarm wakes me up in the morning, but i fall back asleep.. and it makes me sleep for like an extra hour while hardcore dreaming, then im late for work. its just like straight from being awake to dreaming, its crazyy as fuck..

hahaha

i wish i could just normally sleep.

My Ride
    02 Celica GT-S

I used to freeze up in my dreams... Like not be able to move at all when I needed too (usually resulting in a beatdown of epic porportions)... but whenever it was hot and i slept without blankets sometimes, I was able to move again in most of my dreams.

Then after doing some wicked awesome ninja kick in one of my dreams and waking up as i kicked the wall HARD... I realized it was because I tend to move around alot when i dream and I was getting wrapped up in my blankets

has nothing to do with the topic really... I just wanted to put it out there...

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by wakeup

sorry to double post but I just read yours.
    Sounds like growth dreams. I guess you are still growing dude.

I have the same dreams. Im pretty sure im not growing anymore.

I always dream I am snbowboarding and I start catching sick air and just keep flying and flying and flying

Then I also have these dreams where im falling and then right when im about to hit the ground i wake up and it takes a full 30 seconds or so for my brain to calm down and realize that im still alive.

This lucid dreaming stuff sounds pretty cool

Kind of like Tantric dreaming lol
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

also, i had this dream, the other night, where i was banging this smokin hot chick. then it seirously felt like i had an orgasm... when i woke up the next day, my ginch were kinda damp and stuff? what does that mean?

My Ride
    02 Celica GT-S

Originally posted by snowboard
    also, i had this dream, the other night, where i was banging this smokin hot chick. then it seirously felt like i had an orgasm... when i woke up the next day, my ginch were kinda damp and stuff? what does that mean?

but seriously that made me laugh out loud

Originally posted by snowboard
    If you are just fucking around, I thought these were called WET DREAMS. I kinda take it you get what it means lol.

My Ride
    1990 JDM FC3S

I remember once both in my earlier life around 6 years old

I had a case of sleep paralysis AND lucid dreaming

For my sleep paralysis i woke up and my face was half covered
    so it was kidna hard to breath then luckily my mom was standing right there and i said i cant move, and it felt like my jaw was paralyzed, and shes like you cant move, and obviously didnt beleive me, and it went on for a little longer, then next thing i new i could move, scariest thing thats happened to me sleep wise

As for the lucid dreaming, i was in the middle of a dream where i was on the calgary tower, tied up and someone pushed me off
    i fell and fell and of course i was dreading it, then i got to this state of mind thinking that it was so real, i was just in shock that it was actually happeneing, then right before i hit the ground, i realized i was in a dream, i ALMOST woke up, but then i just stopped like a foot from the gruond, thought of not being tied up, next thing i knew i was standing on the gruond walking just thinkinig about the next thing i could do, and i could just make scenese appear, like in the matrix, like environments and objects i wanted there i could just make them appear, unfortunatly short after i woke up.

I have never had either cases since

It's easy, if you believe in the RHD powah, it will believe in you.

when i was 17 i really got into it.. it took me a few weeks of "training" to start getting it good...

for me the whole thing is to see things in your everyday life and think "this is real, i'm not dreaming" then when you wake up go through your mind and say like that isn't possible in real life, I was dreaming etc.... once you start really seperating things in your mind as to whats possible/not possible.. eventually when you sleep your mind will think "wait, this isn't real" then all of a sudden you realize you're dreaming..and once that happens it's an incredible rush - which usually leads to you waking up because you got to excited... the hardest part when becoming lucid is not waking up...

I did it for a few months.. probably getting lucid 2 or 3 times a week, was the greatest feeling in the world.

My Ride
    2008 Nissan Titan

The thing about sleep paralysis is that your body releases hormones when you sleep that paralysis your muscles so you dont act out your dreams.

many of you will find that you will start dreaming b4 fully asleep, this is when sleep paralysis can occur. i have learned to enjoy it and it quite a euphoric feeling of total relaxation.
    just let it happen next time and close your eyes.

also if you have these problems and you find yourself extremly tired during the day you probably have narcolepsy.

Originally posted by broken_legs

I have the same dreams. Im pretty sure im not growing anymore.

I always dream I am snbowboarding and I start catching sick air and just keep flying and flying and flying

\
    I get those too, execpt im going down a powdery decline at insane speed, getting huge air and out of control, yet not falling or slowing down

My Ride
    is300

i fuking hate sleep paralysis, one time i had it happen to me like 3 times during one night of sleep. and i usually sleep on my stomach so sometimes my face is in my pillow and i get sleep paralysis and it feels like im being suffocated

My Ride
    Honda

This sort of thing can be helpful to me too...
    Like when I go out and get fucked up ... Even if I've been drinking hard liquor all night, I'll have 1 final Heineken can before I go down. First thing in the morning, when I'm dehydrated, I'll crawl to the fridge and have a cold Heineken again. Presto ... My memory starts coming back Must be the unique "keg" design of the little cans ....

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Hey! I had my first sorta lucid dream while trying last night.

My roommate came home from night shift and I Got up to lock the door because he forgot.. Moments later i ACTUALLY woke up.. It was fucked up! Gotta work harder to know when I'm lucid.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

So this paralysis sleep, are you wide awake and you can't move? Like you will be watching TV or sitting on the couch and all of a sudden you can't move and you hear shit.

Or are you waking up from a dream, but you can't move?

Sometimes in a dream when I am falling, it feels so real, that I wave and flap my arms and fling my head as if I am falling for a split second, which results in me smashing my head against the wall. Its more of a big twitch in my whole body.
    Last edited by stealth; 11-12-2007 at 11:37 PM.

I've heard about this lucid dreaming stuff but only when I started experiencing this thing called sleep paralysis. I doubt alot of you have heard about that but scared the shit out of me at first, even went to the doctor and he had heard about it but there isn't much I can do about it. Heres some links to it if your interested, freaked me out when I saw these pages because it described pretty much what was happening to me and I thought I was just going crazy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

http://watarts.uwaterloo.ca/~acheyne/S_P.html
    Yeah ive had this for awhile , fucking sucks. I wake up alot laying on my chest and try and push myself up in the morning (like doing a push up) and cant... ill be focusing all of my thought to push myself up and for whatever reason i cant... scares the snot outta me.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Oh yeah, and anybody ever "wake up" - do your normal morning activities (shower, shave, brush teeth, eat breakfast, drive to work/trainstation etc) then you ACTUALLY wake up... seriously ive lived my life in dreams its so weird... the ENTIRE morning is one huge ass deja vu. Cars are similar to the ones in my dreams on the drive to work, the clothes i pick are identical etc.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast