Quantcast
Lucid Dreaming - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucid Dreaming

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Default Lucid Dreaming

Just curious if anyone is into it here? I've done some experimenting with it but I'm not great at it. I can almost say I've mastered remembering all my dreams, that is the first step.

Anyone have any tips or anything? When in dreams It's amazing what you can do. Anything is possible.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

i find my dreams are more controlable the longer i have been sleeping, like if im sick or injured and lay in bed all day for about 2 days then i can sleep for ever and they are just nuts and i can remember them and im aware that i am dreaming so i can do crazy shit in them

also it can get to a point that im half awake and i can control what i dream about

I'm not really into but it seems to happen at times. Last time i did 2 chicks at the same time.

I've heard about that before.
    It's really intriguing theory but I thought it would takes great amount of time and training. Good for you.

But... I don't know. I like the randomness of the dream, it's like watching a movie or something. Plus, it's also supposed to be the reflection of your subconcious mind. Wouldn't it be tiring to control your dream when your brain is supposed to be resting?

I remeber learing about it in my humanity class. It was stated that it's possible to lead a second life. It just sounded a little psycotic if you ask me. But I can see how it can be used for good. I could meet Jesus himself if I wanted to haha.

Nonetheless, I'm amused.

My Ride
    GTI

Nice, I need to figure this out and have some measure of control. I keep dying or killing people in my dreams.

My Ride

Good stuff. Yesterday I did a simple water experiment. It went like this: (this is supposed to work well for remembering the dream really vividly)

Take a glass of water and drink half of it, Save the last half for the morning. Now this is the tricky part; Essentially picture yourself waking up, finishing the water and REMEMBERING your dream. Go through this in your mind quite a few times and truly believe it. In the morning drink the water and the empty glass should trigger your memory pattern.

It was pretty outrageous, I tried it last night and in the morning I drank the water and Had a literal flashback of part of my dream.. I don't know how to explain it. Someone try this and let me know what happens.

On a second note try to be really relaxed when you run through your morning water scenario before you fall asleep. What I did was a set of deep breathing and when I was relaxed I took in breathe flexing my feet and released tension exhailing. I did this to all my muscles until I reached my head and I was totally relaxed. Repeat in your mind About the awaking and finishing the water and then remembering your dream. In the morning try it out

I guess The actual lucid dreaming takes a fair bit of Meditation and discipline. You must make yourself believe that you will have a lucid dream but not want it to bad.

They claim lucid dreams are the most vivid because you were actually participating in the dream.

Sweet dreams!
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    a wrx.

Lucid dreams will just happen by themselves every now and then. I find that taking long naps in the afternoon and shifting between wakefulness and sleep does the trick.

My Ride
    2007 Nissan Versa

I don't have much to add to this really.. other than a really interesting link I found a few months back... I'd be interested in trying this one day!

Lucid Dreaming Face Mask

Originally posted by Darkane
    It was pretty outrageous, I tried it last night and in the morning I drank the water and Had a literal flashback of part of my dream.. I don't know how to explain it. Someone try this and let me know what happens.
    Awesome. I'm surely trying it out tonight. Is it weird I'm getting that tingling sensation that you get when you know you are being naughty.
    Now somebody knock me out please. CANT SLEEP. It's like a pattern now days.
    Originally posted by Hakkola
    Nice, I need to figure this out and have some measure of control. I keep dying or killing people in my dreams.
    want some candy? ( Dane Cook)

The dream can be a sign that you are under a lot of stress and pressure lately so try to relax.
    On the other hand, the dream also can be interpretated as a indication of oncoming wealth on your path.
    BS? at least it made ya feel better.

My Ride
    GAR CON!!!!!!!

I heard that if you stretch before you sleep you have crazy dreams..

and oh.. sleep with the patch on. LOL

I kind of have 2 that have stuck with me over the yrs, not lately, but every now and then..

the first being me in a hay mow/ hay loft.. (I grew up on a farm) So I'll be up there and theres this black hole in the hay that I either jump in or fall in, and I get the most intense free falling feeling, so much so that it feels I can't breath and my whole body tightens right up, tighter and tighter as I expect the impact to come any second, and them BOOM! it's over, I think I wake up and my body loosens up but it feels like the burn you get from working out..

The next having something to do with the fact I was always kick ass at jumping when I was younger, high jump long jump..etc.. I'll be just dreaming of everyday shit and for some reason I jump, but I end up being able to jump say a couple hundred feet in the air, and kind of glide like a squirrel, I'll glide for a bit, until it always enters my head I'm not able to glide!? wtf am I doing way up here..

Hahaha

But I can only hold it for a few seconds, before again, I start to fall, it gets intense as hell and them Bam! Awake....

Girlfriend says I jump around a lot some nights.. haha I must have fell off something when I was young, that or it may have something to do with me and my friend always climbing around in the barn jumping into the hay, with the hay loft being sometimes 20ft+ above the hay.. it used to freak me out, but when your friend makes it, you gotta match it...
    Last edited by Supa Dexta; 09-28-2007 at 08:28 AM.

My Ride
    RSX Type-S, 335i Coupe

I've heard about this lucid dreaming stuff but only when I started experiencing this thing called sleep paralysis. I doubt alot of you have heard about that but scared the shit out of me at first, even went to the doctor and he had heard about it but there isn't much I can do about it. Heres some links to it if your interested, freaked me out when I saw these pages because it described pretty much what was happening to me and I thought I was just going crazy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

http://watarts.uwaterloo.ca/~acheyne/S_P.html

My Ride
    POS

Sweet I'm going to try the water thing. Most of my dreams are like WTF am I doing? I'm just not sure if I can get myself to relax enough and not getting bothered by the kids, but I'm going to try.

My Ride

Just a tip on the water thing, tried it again last night and nothing happened. Mind you I couldn't even sleep for 2 hours. I was to restless and couldn't get into the state of mind needed. Maybe the one yesterday was a fluke not sure. Try again tonight

-H.P. Lovecraft

first time i had sex was in a dream haha jk.

anyways, i've only had one dream that i controlled where someone stole my car, for some reason they got out to watch the sunset so i stole it back, then suddenly he got another car and is chasing me, this part was fun as hell cuz i felt like i was driving like a pro haha. i eventually lost him and then drove home, but he was parked outside my house. i hid between other cars and was trying to figure out what i should do, all of a sudden i told myself, "why don't you just wake up?"

and then i woke up. it was the creepiest yet coolest dream i've ever had that i remember.

i've also had dreams that warned me of something that was gonna happen in the future. of course it ended up happening anyway cuz i either didnt make note of the dream or didnt remember until it actually happened.
    Mercs

Originally posted by MilanoRedTeg
    I've heard about this lucid dreaming stuff but only when I started experiencing this thing called sleep paralysis. I doubt alot of you have heard about that but scared the shit out of me at first, even went to the doctor and he had heard about it but there isn't much I can do about it. Heres some links to it if your interested, freaked me out when I saw these pages because it described pretty much what was happening to me and I thought I was just going crazy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

http://watarts.uwaterloo.ca/~acheyne/S_P.html
    Wow, I'm surprised that you never heard of it.
    Maybe it's me or just my group of people that I hang out with
    but I thought it's pretty much a common thing.

There was a time where I exprienced SP frequently back in junior high. I could hear voices or feel someone jumping on the bed right beside me combined with childrens laghter. I was scared shitless. I thought they are taking me.

Drove me insane That I couldn't scream or even make a slight noise to call out help to the people who were sitting right beside me.

My Ride
    RSX Type-S, 335i Coupe

Originally posted by wakeup

Wow, I'm surprised that you never heard of it.
    Maybe it's me or just my group of people that I hang out with
    but I thought it's pretty much a common thing.

There was a time where I exprienced SP frequently back in junior high. I could hear voices or feel someone jumping on the bed right beside me combined with childrens laghter. I was scared shitless. I thought they are taking me.

Drove me insane That I couldn't scream or even make a slight noise to call out help to the people who were sitting right beside me.

yeah I experienced exactly the same thing, the voices really messed me up. Nobody I knew had this so I thought I was just going crazy. I didn't have this for about 4 months and then just the other night, bam it hit me again but Its alright now that I know wtf is going on. Seems to happen mostly when I sleep during the day though.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

in some cultures it is beleived that sleep paralysis is actually caused by a ghost who is holding you down! now that is some scary shit especially if you heard a bunch of childrens voices. aiya.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

fuck sleep paralysis is so fuckin scary
    my ex girlfreind used to have to save me from it, first time i had it i seriously thought i was dying. now im used to it, but shes the only one that knows when its happening to me and can snap me out of it haha

lately ive been having the clearest dreams ever, i dont control them but they are super clear, and some are like heart stopping scary. i do that thing at night when i stop breathing and sometimes that is part of the dream, i FUCKING hate that. i hate not being able to breath.

My Ride
    RSX Type-S, 335i Coupe

it actually makes me feel better to see that i'm not the only one, it always feels like something is grabbing me and trying to me me off or right through my bed/couch. my scariest episode was probably when i fell asleep propped upright and it felt like something started choking me from behind and whispering shit in my ear. It was after that time when I was like fuck this i'm going to a doctor.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast