Quantcast
Advice regarding GDL "advanced" road test - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Advice regarding GDL "advanced" road test

My Ride
    GR STI Hatch

Default Advice regarding GDL "advanced" road test

I just took this test today and failed in the first half hour with too many deduction points (90 to be exact, you need 75 or more to fail). Most of the reasons I failed was apparently too fast acceleration, too fast braking, and not smooth enough steering and not smooth enough gear shifts. I drove for the most part very very slow, I would say about 20% or so faster than slowest humanly possible in the car I drive (a Mistu lancer). The guy was completely anal about it and really, 20 of the 90 points I got were honest, the rest 70 were his imagination as far as I'm concerned.

My dad tells me the reason I failed is cause I didn't take driving lessons with them and he failed me so he could get my money (I did argue a bit with the guy but no budge, but I was polite about it and such). But I did take lessons with the same "driving school" when I got my Class 5. Why should I take classes for their "advanced road test"? I don't have the time or the $500 for that.

Has anyone else taken this advanced road test, and if so, how did you do?

My Ride
    German

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

I took my test back in april and passed 1st try with 20 demerits. 10 was for not seeing light turn green because she was telling me a story with hand motions (basically distracting me), and 10 for "not covering my brake through an uncontrolled" even thought I slowed right down so who knows. I thought the test was really really easy.

If you had a hard time with it then either A) your right and the guy was being a douche or B) You need to start paying better attention to your driving habits.

Maybe try taking it again at a different registries or just start driving sane and safe?
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

If you take their driving school through them (I think I used AMA, but I can't remember since this is like 8yrs ago...), you're almost guaranteed to pass.

On my test I went 20 over the limit (I didn't see the speed limit sign, lol), didn't stop for 2 people in a cross-walk, ran a red light, and it took me about 5 minutes to parallel park....and I still passed on my first try, lol!

They may have stiffened things up, but I've always thought, based on my experiences and my friends', that if you take lessons with them, you're basically passed.

My Ride
    German

Trying a new driving school and see how you do because sometime it depends on the examiner.
    When I had my exam I was approaching this one intersection and the light turned yellow so I floored it instead of stopping. I could have stopped but then everything would be up against the windshield, however the guy had to mark me down for speeding and running a light anyways. I passed in the end.

My Ride
    GR STI Hatch

Just to make sure here, I'm talking about the "advanced" road test, the 1 hour one, not 30 minutes. The test that you take after 2 year "probationary GDL period". I've had a class 5 for 2 years now and drive just about everyday so I know how to drive.

Essentially my guy was a douche.

What I'm gonna do is go to AMA at Willow Park and take a "driving assesment" there and drive "safe", and see what the guy tells me, and take the road test there in one of their own automatic cars.

I looked over my sheet, and I was deducted 30 points alone for shifting to N for half a second before the full stop.

Originally posted by MustangSVT
    I looked over my sheet, and I was deducted 30 points alone for shifting to N for half a second before the full stop.
    Man those are the guys you jsut wanna punch right in the face hey...putting it into neutral before you stop? That's the gayest thing I have ever heard.

My Ride
    12 TL

Originally posted by arian_ma

Man those are the guys you jsut wanna punch right in the face hey...putting it into neutral before you stop? That's the gayest thing I have ever heard.
    safety first man!