Quantcast
anyone work at accenture? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: anyone work at accenture?

My Ride
    X3 3.0, CLK500, FZR600

Default anyone work at accenture?

I have an interview with them. Fresh outta uni w/ com sci. They have a big name, but I heard losta negative stories about them.
    Listen fam, she had a big rack of lamb
    And they caused mad problems like math exams
    Ask my man, her tits caused traffic jams

My Ride
    2014 Tundra 1794 + 2016 X1

What did you apply for?

My brother in law works for Accenture in London England and is one of the top dogs , he loves his job. What kinda info are you looking for , I could ask him.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

What kinda negative stories have you heard?

I interviewed with them last year after graduating. Interview was so easy it was a joke which made me suspicious so I decided to go with another company. Kinda sounds like a cool gig to be a consultant/systems analyst traveling from city to city. But who knows?

I'd be interested to hear some other stories about them.

What would you want to know?

Last year the interviews were actually abbreviated from standard procedure due to the fact the Calgary office was not setup.

It is a fairly large consulting company with good and bad stories out there. However, as with any consulting company, the experiences will vary depending on the project you are on.

My Ride
    X3 3.0, CLK500, FZR600

well since im comsci it seems logical i apply for systems integration and tech.

and i just had the first interview, it was kinda like a joke. 25 mins, just asked bout my resume. Interviewer was cold as hell too, didn't really enjoy it.

the travelling is pretty much expected but i heard it can take a toll if its a long project. Imagine flying out sunday, working for 4 days, flying back on fri, sat is your only real weekend. Repeat.

and i heard people labelling them such as "churn and burn", "up or out" kind of corporate atmosphere which isn't limited to Accenture of course, but negative nonetheless. Then again, nothing is really ideal, just gotta deal with reality.
    Listen fam, she had a big rack of lamb
    And they caused mad problems like math exams
    Ask my man, her tits caused traffic jams

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
    ...the travelling is pretty much expected but i heard it can take a toll if its a long project. Imagine flying out sunday, working for 4 days, flying back on fri, sat is your only real weekend. Repeat.

I know a couple people working for Accenture in NY, and to put the travel requirements in perspective...they could not file their taxes in NY state because they spent so much time in other states that NY state deemed them working significantly detached from the state. I have heard more good than bad things about them. Ofcourse you have to remember that it is a huge international company, so you may feel like your role is meaningless. I know its my first choice of employer when I move to the states permanently next year.

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy

the travelling is pretty much expected but i heard it can take a toll if its a long project. Imagine flying out sunday, working for 4 days, flying back on fri, sat is your only real weekend. Repeat.

You fly firstclass , and get to adventure alot. My brother in law used to go to Hong Kong , Greece , New Zealand , Aussie , Thailand for business. He thinks its great.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

That is strange you found the interviewer cold. And the first interview is fairly brief in the first place. It is basically about your resume as there are follow-up interviews.

As for travel, it depends on your project and location. Some people fly out Monday and are back Thursday. Personally I have done many weeks of Monday to Friday to help my project out. Currently I am working remotely from Calgary and do not have to fly out at all. There are always some possibility for flexibility.

And you do not fly first class at the lower levels. However, when you are a frequent flyer, you do get free upgrades once you gain status with the airline.

As for taxes, the laws in Canada are a little different from the US. I have not heard of that problem here.

The churn and burn could relate to the fact that they accelerate your development as an employee. If that is something you don't think you can handle, then consulting is not for you. As for 'Up or out', like you state, this is not limited to Accenture and is quite common among consulting companies in general.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

I worked for a company before and was subcontracted to various companies. Travelling wasn't bad but after 911 I decided I had enough travelling for work at the time.

Friend of mine works for Deliotte and he said he would take a pay cut to work in one city. It all depends. For a period of time it can be enjoyable, and then it can become tiring.

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

My mom worked for Accenture, and because of a bitchy boss, was thrown out like last weeks garbage. Shitty cheap company...