Quantcast
Snowboarding Thread... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 23 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowboarding Thread...

My Ride
    1988 Accord, 1990 4Runner SR5

Arrow Snowboarding Thread...

I thought this might be kind of a cool idea seeing as with this weather this past little while winter is just around the corner.

Maybe we can use this as a place to talk about snowboarding gear, videos, etc.

Also use this as a place to talk about where you went out boarding once the time comes, and how the conditions are etc.

I guess I can start off somewhat... any reccomendations for boots/bindings?
    Replacing some older technine MFM's... So far I am leaning towards union bindings, and for boots, I have tried on burtons, thirtytwos and celsius so far, and the celsius were by far the most comfortable, and were cheaper than the burtons by a fair bit. They also had boa which seems like a conveniant feature.

I mostly ride all mountain/freeride ... and a little bit of park.

anyone know when there is going to be a snowboard sale?

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

I just picked up snowboarding last January and so I'm still all new to this...but damn am I excited for this season to start! Where/When will they start selling the Marmot Pass?

My Ride
    has 2 wheels and goes like stink

i have some Rome SOS bindings and the toe strap actually goes over the front of the toes and not the top of the foot, they work great! As for board i went with burton. Cant wait to get up to the mountain!!

My Ride
    02 RSX

Originally posted by air_mikey
    anyone know when there is going to be a snowboard sale?
    all the big sales a gone...
    there was source sale end of august thats where i bought most of my new gear... u best is just to go to source or anyother ski/snowboard store and look at 2007 gear or go to www.boardzone.com they are really good and last years gear is cheap!

My Ride
    my bike

Yeah all the big sales are done until about February. You might be able to walk into a shop and find a board from last year at a good price, but it's slim pickings right now.

Looking forward to a better snow season this year hopefully. Took trips to Fernie and Panorama last year, both were really bad weekends for snow.

To the OP, I would stick with 32 or Burton boots, probably the 2 most comfortable boots out there IMO. I used to teach and a lot of the other instructors using 32's were having durability issues. Never had a problem with a Burton boot ever, going onto my 10th season using their boots this year. I haven't heard anything about, or tried the Celsius gear so I can't give you feedback there.

My Ride
    changes every year

i have a shitty "trip" board with sims boots and bindings, but its time for some new stuff. 5 years ago when i got this shitty board it was because my brand new sims board got stolen from sunshine, the first time i used it. so next time im not spending ashitload on another board, which is why i have this one. do i see a Beyond snowboard meet in the future??

My Ride
    Ho Train

Firstly every one should check out is Source's new film
    http://www.sandboxland.com/boxcover3.html

I boarded Sunshine and Louise early season, and took the sleds out to Revy were we did a week of back country. They also have a pretty sweet hill in the works that we were able to tear up one day. From there were headed back east and hit up Kicking Horse and Louise. We then headed down to Fernie and big White over new years for a week. Then me and the boys pretty much rode Louise Saturday and Sunshine Sunday every weekend till Apirl. My V.I.S.A bill at the end of the season for lift tickets alone was $2000.

For Binding I would really recommend toe caps, I wasn’t a believer till I actually rode my buds for a day and now I am. For Boots I recommend not penny pinching because at the end of the day it comes down to how much you care about your feet not hurting.

I think I'm gonna try out a ROME board this year before switching from my current Libtech, which I think is hands down the best board I have ever rode.

My Ride
    02 RSX

Originally posted by MackDawg
    Firstly every one should check out is Source's new film
    http://www.sandboxland.com/boxcover3.html

I boarded Sunshine and Louise early season, and took the sleds out to Revy were we did a week of back country. They also have a pretty sweet hill in the works that we were able to tear up one day. From there were headed back east and hit up Kicking Horse and Louise. We then headed down to Fernie and big White over new years for a week. Then me and the boys pretty much rode Louise Saturday and Sunshine Sunday every weekend till Apirl. My V.I.S.A bill at the end of the season for lift tickets alone was $2000.

For Binding I would really recommend toe caps, I wasn’t a believer till I actually rode my buds for a day and now I am. For Boots I recommend not penny pinching because at the end of the day it comes down to how much you care about your feet not hurting.

I think I'm gonna try out a ROME board this year before switching from my current Libtech, which I think is hands down the best board I have ever rode.
    thx for posting the movie gona watch it once i get home!
    this is gona be my 2nd season riding ... (in 2005 and 2006 i went like 3 times in total so i dont really count that)
    last year i got into parks
    i m planning to buy a season pass to sunshine and go to fernie and big white this year.
    BTW
    i have a new
    Ride Berzerker 159cm board
    Ride Beta bindings

i ll post full info and maybe pics of my gear once i ll get home

My Ride

Oh ya for sure... My technines right now have the Baltimore straps... I bought them last season i think and they made a big difference, much better. I will definately be looking for toe caps or convertable toe straps.

Also, with my snowboarding gear I definately don't penny pinch. I don't get new gear every year, so when I get stuff, I buy quality so I don't have to replace it very often. My last pair of boots was close to $400... and most of the time when I look at boots and such I look at the price last.

The burtons I tried on with the boa didnt fit me at all... with normal laces they fit well but after a while hit me in pressure points and hurt a lot... I have heard some good things about thirtytwos, but when I broke a pair trying them on and then wore some for a while, I wasn't too impressed. The Celsius boots however felt awesome... so we'll see... Gonna wait till some places get the DC's and some other boots in, and i'll go give those a try.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Skiing too?
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

I'm looking for a new set of bindings. Anyone with experience with Burton Mission's?

My Ride
    2008 Scion xB

As far as sales, don't despair crew! There's a sale at the U of C this coming Friday and they usually have a fair amount of hardware, but there's a LOT of softgood stuff... jackets, pants, shirts.

As far as gear goes for this year, I picked up a 2007-2008 Technine Jib at a sample sale in April, so far, the best board I've ridden for my style of riding. It's wicked for park. I bought it as well as 2007-2008 MFM bindings for... dun dun dun... $325 for the set... Sample sales rule...

I bought boots last year at the source sale... Forum Takedowns... they're pretty good, but I'm considering getting something a little softer for next year... but as far as this year goes, I'm very much looking forward to getting onto the hill!

My Ride

Who is holding the sale at the U of C?... I don't really need any softgoods, but I wouldn't mind checking it out for hardware.

I'm looking for a new set of bindings. Anyone with experience with Burton Mission's?
    I can't say I have had any experience with the missions myself... but all my friends who have run burton bindings had shitty luck with them, and they fell apart all the time.

As far as gear goes for this year, I picked up a 2007-2008 Technine Jib at a sample sale in April, so far, the best board I've ridden for my style of riding. It's wicked for park. I bought it as well as 2007-2008 MFM bindings for... dun dun dun... $325 for the set... Sample sales rule...
    Also... I have heard about sample sales, but when and where do these usually happen, wouldn't mind checking one out some time. $325 seems kinda steep for MFMs though... doesnt it?

What brand of bindings do you recommend?

My Ride

What kind of riding do you do? and what kind of boots do you have?

My Ride
    2008 Scion xB

Originally posted by Hash_man
    $325 seems kinda steep for MFMs though... doesnt it?
    I paid 325 for the board and bindings... 200 for the board and 125 for the bindings...

as far as the U of C sale, it's hosted by the ski and snowboard club I believe... it's friday at around 10 I think...

What kind of riding do you do? and what kind of boots do you have?
    I am just riding for my second season looking for something a little better than my Forum Recons. I find that the Recons don't have a very good toe clip. I have 32 Prospect boots.

My Ride

paid 325 for the board and bindings... 200 for the board and 125 for the bindings...

as far as the U of C sale, it's hosted by the ski and snowboard club I believe... it's friday at around 10 I think...
    Oh dang... 325 for both is a crazy good deal... and if you find out some more info about the UofC sale, be sure to let us know.

My Ride
    Ho Train

I can't say I have had any experience with the missions myself... but all my friends who have run burton bindings had shitty luck with them, and they fell apart all the time.
    Your friend must be talking about the first year Burton came out with the toe caps because they were absolute trash. As far as today goes all Burton bindings are solid. The missions are great; I have them on my Lib right now. They are so quick and easy to get on and off, plus my feet and legs have stopped hurting ever since I switched from conventional straps. If you don't have the funds for anything Burton go with ride bindings, they are cheep, effective and toe cap convertable.

No one should forget to buy a good set of goggles, considering how often the hills are covered by overcast. I lost count on how many times I’ve seen people get destroyed by “invisible” moguls due to flat light conditions. I just bought a set of Oakley wisdoms with Fire Iridium lenses.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 11 ... LastLast