Quantcast
Thailand... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Thailand...

Default Thailand...

for those of you who have been..

Im going to be in Thailand for ~2 weeks in august and I have planed to stay about 6 days in Bangkok and now Im trying to plan my other stops on the trip. What are the good beach/resort towns in Thailand that you guys would recomend. I'm looking for the nicest beach/nightlife with good accomodations. Any feedback about this or any other stuff I have to do while in Thailand would really help..thanks guys

My Ride
    V6 Hybrids

An old man in my real estate class once said, every young man needs to go to Thailand, bring your passport, some money, and a suitcase full of condoms
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    91 MR2 turbo

Originally posted by max_boost
    An old man in my real estate class once said, every young man needs to go to Thailand, bring your passport, some money, and a suitcase full of condoms

AHHHH HAAHHAH!!!!! NICE NICE!!

My Ride
    E90 335i

Originally posted by max_boost
    Not far from the truth! Watch out for the transvestites though, apparently many men have been "surprised" when they get a downstairs if you know what I mean!
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

yeah tranvestites and 12 year olds.

My Ride
    91 MR2 turbo

why 12 year old....

ya i have heard of the tranvestites, apparently MANY men over there are scary like that and became tranvestites..

Default Re: Thailand...

Originally posted by driven
    for those of you who have been..

Im going to be in Thailand for ~2 weeks in august and I have planed to stay about 6 days in Bangkok and now Im trying to plan my other stops on the trip. What are the good beach/resort towns in Thailand that you guys would recomend. I'm looking for the nicest beach/nightlife with good accomodations. Any feedback about this or any other stuff I have to do while in Thailand would really help..thanks guys
    Koh Samui is a resort island that's less commercial and has fewer tourists because you have to fly in or go by boat. Phuket is easier to get to but is more crowded for that reason and because it's well-known. Some beaches on Koh Samui are topless.

Check out Chiang Mai up north. It's about an hour flying time from Bangkok and well worth it considering the train takes half a day. From there, you're not far from the Golden Triangle and you can ride an elephant for a small charge.

And just a word of advice, be careful of drugs in Asia, most if not all countries have the death penalty for drugs.

My Ride
    e36

Default Re: Re: Thailand...

Check out Chiang Mai up north. It's about an hour flying time from Bangkok and well worth it considering the train takes half a day. From there, you're not far from the Golden Triangle and you can ride an elephant for a small charge.

u have to go there....i went there last year and it was sweet

My Ride
    2Look slk

Pattaya is a huge tourist place just outside of bangkok (about 3 hrs car ride). That place is famous for transvestite shows There are plenty of resorts and beaches there.

Also check out the Largest Crocodile Farm & Zoo in Bangkok. It's about a 1 hour drive from the city centre. There's a good place to shop for tourists that have thousands of stalls and sells tons of thai handicrafts called J-J market. That's where you can find those popular fake diesel jeans.

Other popular tourist places includes the royal palace.

Here are some pictures I took there:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    2Look slk

Another One:

My Ride
    2Look slk

SC Park Hotel is about a 1 hour drive away from the airport but decent rates.

My Ride
    08 GSR

Originally posted by B17a

Not far from the truth! Watch out for the transvestites though, apparently many men have been "surprised" when they get a downstairs if you know what I mean!
    Becareful man

thanks a lot for all the info guys... if you have anymore please keep them coming!

Good ol' Thailand.
    Main export: STDs
    Damn +44411's