Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HELP: Getting evicted for BullsHZT reason

My Ride
    GAR CON!!!!!!!

Default HELP: Getting evicted for BullsHZT reason

hey...
    so my landlord has given me notice..
    evicting me because I have my 2 best friends over too much
    I have searched and searched through the tenant act but cant really find much its not setup very well.

She said I broke my contract by having friends over and she even said I am supposed to get written permission to have people over..

I rent the basement, but the 4 people in the house share everything pretty much.. I have a few people over sometimes, not like big parties or anything and nobody else has a problem except the lanlord.
    She said im not allowed to have people stay on the couch but thats not anywhere in the contract or in tenant act. my one buddy has stayed on my couch maybe 5 times in 4 months.

She only gave me 14 days notice. I think that 14 days is only if I do a substantial breach of contract like assault people or damage the place. Does she not have to give me 3 months notice??

-just to be clear we are all friends in the house, and as it stands, the other 2 people will be leaving with me as well.

More often then not in these situations, those people are not just staying over at your house, they are living on your couch.. Not calling you a liar, but theres more to the story, they don't just kick out good tenants for nothing, they have nothing to gain by doing that..

Tough break.

www.rentfaster.ca

Default Re: HELP: Getting evicted for BullsHZT reason

Is this an illegal basement suite? If it is, youre in a tough position but Im guessing you could notify the city about the illegal suite if you are getting the boots.

Originally posted by blueripper6
    hey...
    so my landlord has given me notice..
    evicting me because I have my 2 best friends over too much
    I have searched and searched through the tenant act but cant really find much its not setup very well.

She said I broke my contract by having friends over and she even said I am supposed to get written permission to have people over..

I rent the basement, but the 4 people in the house share everything pretty much.. I have a few people over sometimes, not like big parties or anything and nobody else has a problem except the lanlord.
    She said im not allowed to have people stay on the couch but thats not anywhere in the contract or in tenant act. my one buddy has stayed on my couch maybe 5 times in 4 months.

She only gave me 14 days notice. I think that 14 days is only if I do a substantial breach of contract like assault people or damage the place. Does she not have to give me 3 months notice??

-just to be clear we are all friends in the house, and as it stands, the other 2 people will be leaving with me as well.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Did she ask nicely before serving you notice?

Are you noisy?

If you share everything and your friends are staying in shared areas, I don't think that's fair to the other tenants. If they all stay in your room, then I don't think it would be any problem.

I say screw it and get your own place and set your own rules. Rental market isn't THAT hot now anyways.

Yeah, take some laxatives on your last day and leave her a present down the heating vents and find a new place to live.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Originally posted by Super_Geo
    Yeah, take some laxatives on your last day and leave her a present down the heating vents and find a new place to live.

hahahahahha....I was thinking the exact same thing!
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Are all the utilities included?

If they are, then that is likely the reason. You "friend" who "stays" on the couch "once in a while" is costing her money, or at least making her reason to rent less feasible.

Last edited by kaput; 03-27-2019 at 12:47 AM.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Haha, maybe it is the vehicle out front that clues her in.

Last edited by kaput; 03-27-2019 at 12:47 AM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by kaput
    Is your landlord Alnoors wife? How does she even know if someone stays over once in awhile. Might want to search for hidden cameras or something.
    Trust me, unless neighbors or shared tenants complains, landlord usually don't know shit.

My Ride
    Fat Boy riding a Fat Boy

Well, if she gave you 14 days, she's saying you are effectively subletting your place. I would bet that the landlord has a clause prohibitting sublease without permission. Just FYI, for damage or assault there's a 24 hour notice.

If you are being truthful about your buddies only staying once in a while and not bothering anyone, I would say your landlord does not have a legitimate reason. Your options then are to leave like she wants, or tell her you're not leaving and tell her to book a court date. If what you're saying is true, she'll lose.

You don't need permission to have guests over ... thats ludicrous.

The only clause I have heard of is prohibiting guests is if they stay a prolonged period (more than 5 consecutive nights). Typically then the landlord would want to get that persons name added to the lease.

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    More often then not in these situations, those people are not just staying over at your house, they are living on your couch.. Not calling you a liar, but theres more to the story, they don't just kick out good tenants for nothing, they have nothing to gain by doing that..
    They do. They can up the rent for a new tenant more than they can for an existing tenant.

My Ride
    06 S2000

The rental market isn't that hot anymore, they'll gain nothing by it, and if they did, they'd easily get reported for an illegal suite. No point bringing yourself any trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My car sounds like shit.

Originally posted by Sally Simpson

They do. They can up the rent for a new tenant more than they can for an existing tenant.
    Unless his rent has already been raised once, there's no difference between and existing tenant or a new one. AB allows for one rent increase, no limit, per year.

My Ride
    BMW X5

^I thought it was one increase per year if you've got someone in there, but if you were "between tenants" you could increase it as well?

My Ride
    GAR CON!!!!!!!

i dunno..
    The more I think of it and read the contract its complete bullshit what she is doing.. fucking bitch.

Doesnt matter.. because the 2 other room mates just gave there notice and the 3 of us are all leaving this house.. HAHAHAHAHA

Originally posted by lint

Unless his rent has already been raised once, there's no difference between and existing tenant or a new one. AB allows for one rent increase, no limit, per year.
    You're right. My bad.

Originally posted by blueripper6
    i dunno..
    The more I think of it and read the contract its complete bullshit what she is doing.. fucking bitch.

Doesnt matter.. because the 2 other room mates just gave there notice and the 3 of us are all leaving this house.. HAHAHAHAHA
    you guys showed her!!!!!!
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast