Quantcast
Muslim Targeted Subdivision - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Should special race/religion developments be allowed?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 21.26%
  • No

100 78.74%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Muslim Targeted Subdivision

Default Muslim Targeted Subdivision

Surprised there is not a thread about this.

-
    New Muslim subdivision plan

calgary.ctv.ca

Posted at Thursday, October 11, 2007 4:28 PM
    A Muslim sect has big plans for an area of northeast Calgary.

They want a new subdivision centered around a mosque.

The area is a 160 acre site just south of Balzac along 15th Street N.E. and just north of the community of Coventry Hills.

Calgary's Ahmadiyya Muslims want to build a religious based housing development on the property sometime in the future.

A spokesman for the group says the idea is to have a mosque in the centre of the subdivision so that residents can be close to their place of worship.

Right now the project is in the "conceptual" stage, and if it goes ahead, construction won't begin for another 10 or 15 years.

But already the subdivision is drawing criticism.

The Islamic Supreme Council of Canada is strongly condemning the idea because it undermines integration efforts.

The Council also says no group should create ghettos.
    -

Should this be allowed?
    Here in Canada society is a mosaic of different cultures, would a development targeted for a specific religion/race hurt the integration process?
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

Sure, why the hell not. They'll just group together anyways, might as well just cut out the middle man.

As long as they don't do that whole "in our part of town, non-Sharia law has no jurisdiction" bullshit that they are pulling in Europe. If they do, I say burn it to the ground

My Ride
    Highlander

Way to want to become Canadian Society doesn't stop them from attending whatever church or mosque they want already, why do they need a community to segregate themselves?

My Ride
    SC 03 eclipse, 06 TJ,Shadow1100, HD FXSTC, Chopper

Yes as long as other religious groups including christians are allowed to do the same. (which would never be allowed, as that would somewhow be racist)
    Member since 2003.

Should it be allowed by the local laws? - YES (Canada should be a free country)

Is it beneficial to its residents or society as a whole? - NO

So if a Christian group had proposed the same type of development what do you think the reaction would be ??
    2011 Ram 1500 QC Sport
    2017 Jeep Cherokee Limited

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

wouldnt that kinda be like a huderite colony??

My Ride
    STi

If There Is A China Town I dont See Anything Wrong from havin a arab town. lol

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

Originally posted by STi403
    If There Is A China Town I dont See Anything Wrong from havin a arab town. lol
    china town is a huge part of "regular society" though
    its central in the city and used by everyone.
    this kind of seems more like a private thing..

Terrible idea, this will end up being another fiasco in terms of laws, social problems, etc. just like the native reserves

My Ride
    Model S

sure, long as they dont get funding or special treatment for it. their own money, with the same real estate channels anyone else has access to, not up to me what people want to do.

i disagree with the religion, i disagree with the segregation being a good way to do things, but what kind of bigot would i be if i expected that some other independent person should carry themselves according to what i thought?

people need to worry about themselves.

My Ride

Originally posted by snowboard
    wouldnt that kinda be like a huderite colony??
    Exactly what I was thinking. How is there any difference between the Muslim proposed community, and a Hutteritte or similar that is already around. At least the Muslim community would be actually contributing to Canadian society.

That said I dont think the most targeted and misunderstood religion would benefit from further isolating themselves from the rest of the community.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Originally posted by sputnik

Exactly.
    Just because you should be free to do something, doesn't mean you should do it.
    I don't think we should have seatbelt laws, but I wear my seatbelt.
    I don't think drugs should be illegal, but I don't do drugs.
    etc etc.

Additionally, like 3g4u said: It's all good for Muslims/Aboriginals/Mexicans/whatever to pull this shit, but if Whitey every even proposed the idea we'd all be clammoring that we couldn't possibly kill the Pale Devil fast enough.

As an aside: Who wants to start an atheist-libertarian only colony with me? "Westchestertonville-We're all about science and sleepin in on Sunday"

P.S. This seems like a very dangerous idea, that will no doubt lead to a deeper drift between cultures, and much harder and harsher integration for new members of society. In short: No good will, or can, come of this for either side.

P.P.S. Kidding about the atheist-libertarian colony. That'd never work: "Organizing atheists is like trying to herd cats"...
    Last edited by TKRIS; 10-15-2007 at 02:46 PM.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    Model S

Originally posted by sputnik

this is the problem, people thinking they know whats best for other people. like when countries liberate people against their will.

Originally posted by Nufy
    So if a Christian group had proposed the same type of development what do you think the reaction would be ??
    i dont know, why dont you propose one and see? if you actually are concerned about that. thats not an issue, so why contrive all these scenarios and worry about crap that will never be a problem.

and yeah, news flash, private hutterite colonies exist all over alberta, and most people dont even think about it or know about it. why? because they mind their own business, and you should too.

Originally posted by TKRIS

Exactly.
    Just because you should be free to do something, doesn't mean you should do it.
    I don't think we should have seatbelt laws, but I wear my seatbelt.
    I don't think drugs should be illegal, but I don't do drugs.
    etc etc.

Additionally, like 3g4u said: It's all good for Muslims/Aboriginals/Mexicans/whatever to pull this shit, but if Whitey every even proposed the idea we'd all be clammoring that we couldn't possibly kill the Pale Devil fast enough.

As an aside: Who wants to start an atheist-libertarian only colony with me? "Westchestertonville-We're all about science and sleepin in on Sunday"

As an aside: This seems like a very dangerous idea, that will no doubt lead to a deeper drift between cultures, and much harder and harsher integration for new members of society. In short: No good will, or can, come of this for either side.
    ironically, your post goes against everything that is libertarian. im pretty sure i dont want to join your version of it.

Libertarianism is a political philosophy that upholds the principle of individual liberty. Libertarians maintain that all persons are the absolute owners of their own lives, and should be free to do whatever they wish with their persons or property, provided they allow others the same liberty.

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

Originally posted by googe

and yeah, news flash, private hutterite colonies exist all over alberta, and most people dont even think about it or know about it. why? because they mind their own business, and you should too.
    news flash
    hutterites dont have a "reputation" like muslism.
    Thats not me taking a shot at anyone, thats the just the truth.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

^I'm not certain how to convey sarcasm any better than I did in that post, but I assure you it was drenched in it...
    Last edited by TKRIS; 10-15-2007 at 02:51 PM.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    SC 03 eclipse, 06 TJ,Shadow1100, HD FXSTC, Chopper

Huderite colonies first off have been here in Alberta almost as long as the city of Calgary itself. Second there are no huderite/communal living in the city of Calgary, do what you want in the prairies but to start seperating our multicultural city into religious sectors?
    Member since 2003.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Funny, when I read the title "Muslim targetted subdivision", that's not the first thing that came to mind. I thought there was a crackpot extremist on the loose or something.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

If you build a mosque in the center of a subdivision, chances are you're going to get a lot of Muslims moving there anyway, convenience FTW. There's not really enough info in that article to judge it yet IMO, technically they haven't said ONLY Muslims can live there, they've just said it will be convenient for the ones who do. So long as they let whoever wants to buy a house there buy it, then I have no problems with it. Calgary is already segregated naturally anyway. There's "Little Saigon, Little Italy, China Town, etc." This is no different really. I'll wait to condemn it until I hear the words "only Muslims can live here".
    Success is the ultimate revenge.

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

Originally posted by abyss
    "Only Muslims can live here"
    will obviously never be said.
    But thats the vibe this idea gives off.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast