Quantcast
Muslim Targeted Subdivision - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Should special race/religion developments be allowed?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 21.26%
  • No

100 78.74%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Muslim Targeted Subdivision

My Ride
    Bicycle

Meh, if they think they can get enough demand for such community, go for it.

But to me, it make as much as sense as walking into a shooting range blind folded with a target on your back.

Whenever some rednecks/cops/RCMPs try to find some Muslims to pick on, they would have a one stop shop.

Economically, just looke at all these condos/apartments with Chinese name on them. They always get sold for less than market. Same for this community.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Well, maybe someone will just have to have some pig races in the field next to theirs...
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    94 5.0 2004 FX4

Originally posted by Splooge

i was always taught it was a mosaic, the states is a melting pot??
    Yeah it's a mosiac, it should be a melting pot though, it would help grow our culture instead of shrink it.

My Ride
    FD3S

I for one support this idea! I unfortunately am a white guy with probably some welsh background. As such I 'd like to recreate a "Village consisting of a bunch of thatched roof homes surronding a mighty castle mayhaps something like Pembroke castle...Bahh
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for. Because you can never predict when their going to do something incredibly stupid.

My Ride

If they buy the land, they should be able to do whatever the hell they want to do with it. Just as I would want to have the right to do whatever the hell i wanted to do with land that i owned.

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

Originally posted by HondaRice
    this is taken out of proportion, these are ahmendians or whatever not the muslims we in calgary. these a sect of something that are closed and call them self muslims theres only a few thousand, their population doesnt compare to the amount of muslims in calgary, i think its about 60 k.

theres 2 mosques in calgary, old rundle collage building in the ne and the one off of 17 ave sw and sarcee.
    These Ahmadians are a little off the beaten track. Many muslim cultures do not regard them as proper Muslims and claim that they have no right to attach a 'Muslim' label. So, lets stop this attack on all Muslims...and if you read the original article:
    The Islamic Supreme Council of Canada is strongly condemning the idea because it undermines integration efforts.
    As for the sub-division, it doesn't matter what kind of crowd they want to cater to...as long as there isnt a big fence and a security booth, making this an exclusive land. Its perfectly normal to build a house of worship and expect that the followers wanting to live close by.

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

but then if they are off by themselves, who would check them for bombs?!?!?!?!?! LOL! /k j/k

Seriously though, if the Islamic Association of Canada is against the idea, then it would it still be a muslim community?
    Lastly, would anyone be able to move there if they wanted to? (regardless of religous beliefs?)

I myself don't like this idea, as I think it will eventually lead to some sort of required cultural affinity in order to live there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    She wishes it was deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    So deep put her ass to sleep.

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

Originally posted by DonJuan
    ...Lastly, would anyone be able to move there if they wanted to? (regardless of religous beliefs?)

I myself don't like this idea, as I think it will eventually lead to some sort of required cultural affinity in order to live there.
    Im pretty sure you cannot limit the type of people that want to move there. Its like China town...yes its more catered to the chinese community but absolutely anyone can live there. In other parts of the world, having a home close to your religious center is in very high demand. This ''Muslim'' community, is building a residential sub-division around the mosque to allow the mosque goers who would prefer to be close to the mosque, an option to do so.

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

My Ride
    04 Rsx-s,07 Frontier, 11 ss/rs

I say let it happen. Ohterwise we are all racist.
    If it works, great.
    If not, well they will ahve to deal with the house-value problems assosciated with religious sect areas.
    I live in Falconridge, and my neighboors are muslim.
    We are closer with them than any of the white ones.
    Why, because we see them as people, and they are nice people.
    If your an asshole, I don't care what colour you are.

Canada is a funny place....

Last edited by kaput; 03-27-2019 at 12:58 AM.

Sorry, but as a taxpayer, why should anyone be forced to support a community/subdivision based upon religious segregation? People are forgetting that freedom of religion also means freedom from religion.

Originally posted by punj_abi
    China town is a business colony. Much different then this proposed idea.

I just do not understand the purpose of immigrating to Canada if you want to live in seclusion.
    I was thinking of the exact same thing...

Originally posted by FatalError
    Sorry, but as a taxpayer, why should anyone be forced to support a community/subdivision based upon religious segregation? People are forgetting that freedom of religion also means freedom from religion.
    In what way are we supporting them?

by road repairs, lighting, electricity..all the infrastruction for the periouvly mentioned and much more.

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

by road repairs, lighting, electricity..all the infrastruction for the periouvly mentioned and much more.
    The city would have to do all the things anyways for any new development, because the residents are subjected to the same taxes and laws. Having this religous themed community is not any different than have a golf course community or a lakeside community. Some people move into themed community to partake in the theme, some for the location, some cuz of a deal, etc.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by FatalError
    Well, you taxes go to Catholic schools too, why don't you go complain about that?

Well I'm sick of paying taxes for stupid people, can I cut you guys off too while we are deciding who should and should not get the services that all tax payers deserve by right?

Originally posted by Xtrema

Well, you taxes go to Catholic schools too, why don't you go complain about that?
    You get to choose which school board your money goes too in this situation

And there is no way that this community wouldn't complain if they were expected to pay the same taxes everyone else pays when they don't neccesarily use all of the services

Originally posted by asifka

right. i dont understand why they call them self Muslims. They are simply Ahmadians , not "Ahmadiyya Muslims".
    HAHA ... guys ... they DO call themselves Ahmadiyya Muslim Community!!!! they ARE muslims .....

They are 'declared' non-muslims by a the main sect of Islam .... btw ... for everyone to know .. there are over 70 sects of Islam .. these are guys are one of them and the majority sect doesnt think they are muslims!!

If you think that its right to call someone non-muslim when they feel they are then thats fine ... but THIS is the reason this sect or any other 'minority' sect leaves their country and move to places like Canada. You can check the stats with Immigration Canada on how many Ahmadi muslims come to this country based on the fact that they are being persecuted in countries like Pakistan. Their homes are bunt, mothers and sisters raped etc...

Anyways ... as far as the secluded community goes ... I dont completely agree with it myself but the current community they have in Toronto doesnt help my belief. That 'secluded' community is loved by the communities around it ... as they do alot of volunteer work around the area. They keep the place clean and welcome any faith/culture in this 'secluded' community. It's been know that ppl from outside their community moved in this area and didnt have any problems but its hard to move in there because property value there is apparently one of the highest in GTA.

They dont ask for support from anyone ... i believe the current 15 million dollar mosque project is supported entirely by them ... the government of the time offered money which they refused ... All that put together .. i dont think it hurts anyone as they are involved in the community, they volunteer hours for several charities, relief agencies etc....

Hope this answers some of the questions ... or start a whole new war ... hahaha i dont know ...

My Ride
    X3 3.0, CLK500, FZR600

China town is a business colony. Much different then this proposed idea.

I just do not understand the purpose of immigrating to Canada if you want to live in seclusion.
    well it wasn't always like that. early asian immigrants were pretty much forced to live in a chinatown only now that people are more accepting it has transformed into a cultural/business centre vs a residence.
    Listen fam, she had a big rack of lamb
    And they caused mad problems like math exams
    Ask my man, her tits caused traffic jams

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast