Quantcast
Kelowna B.C......? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kelowna B.C......?

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Question Kelowna B.C......?

Well a Friend of mine has a place lined up in Kelowna to Rent, and wants to move out in apx. 6 months or less ( 5 bedroom place on the lake, wicked deal, almost too good to pass up).....I've never even been to B.C. before, yes im very deprived! ...Ive heard nothing but great things about it, warm winters, really hot summers, really hot women! , Cheap insurance!.....its not like id be leaving a whole lot behind in Calgary other than family and friends, but its not even that far away, so its not that big of a deal..... I love it here, but i just think it would be nice for a change of scenery for a couple years....anyone from Kelowna?....any bad things about it?...how's the Economy there?, cost of living?..... would it be easy to find work? any comments would be appreciated, Thanks.
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    NC1

It sort of reminds me of the movie American Pie 2 when a bunch of guys move out to the lake to try to get laid

Anyway, go for it man, nothing beats a change of scenery. And if you don't like it, you can always move back!

Oh yah, PST!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    a wrx.

bc is more communist than alberta, but its still cool. my gf is from bc and

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Originally posted by max_boost
    It sort of reminds me of the movie American Pie 2 when a bunch of guys move out to the lake to try to get laid
    LOL....i got no problem with that here in Calgary man! ....maybe Gavin should move to kelowna?!? lol j/k
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by James

LOL....i got no problem with that here in Calgary man! ....maybe Gavin should move to kelowna?!? lol j/k
    Your a pimp James, my cousin on the other hand
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

lammer Guest

Gavinator. haha.
    j/k sexual_banana

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

Kelowna is great in the summer, but kinda quiet in winter. I lived there for a few months in '99 . Only one movie theatre with one screen. Night life is okay , but lots of Check Stops (RCMP) . The two main employers are Kelowna Flightcraft and Western Star (truck builders ) . Lots of outdoor stuff to do, but not much indoor activities. The beaches along Lake Okanagan have lots of eye candy in the summer. The park near the lake in Kelowna is full of druggies. I sorta remember some good pubs . Lots of speed traps between Vernon all the way down to Penticton .
    I can remember a number of cars being stolen . They ended up in the bad part of town , on the east side. The bridge that goes across the lake is a floating bridge. It has 3 lanes , and the centre lane changes directions depending on the time of day.

I think that's about it....
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

i love kelowna!!! its so nice there, been going there since i was 8.

its a very fun place to visit but theres ALOT of traffic and from what i understand theres not alot of jobs available.

hey, if you need another roomy let me know, id be down for that.

My Ride
    a wrx.

dont forget that those crazy small towns shut down on sundays

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

i've worked with a lot of chicks from kelowna and i've been there a few times myself...really good times in the summer but getting a job there might be a bitch! at least from what these chicks told me you need connections to even work at mcdonalts??? Not many jobs in BC man...personally i dont see what you could do in the off season when there's barely any tourists...wicked place on the other hand

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    dont forget that those crazy small towns shut down on sundays
    speaking of...everywhere i go in bc the freakin liqour stores close at SIX or EIGHT pm

My Ride
    2000 DC4

I was just there 2 1/2 weeks ago .It is a very busy city for it size.Yeah lots of scenery at the beaches . I have a job lined up there for next summer.So I might move there for next summer .Just stay for the summer.
    It all depends on what you do for a job .
    JDM goodness + boost = 1 phat integra

www.abtegs.net

My Ride
    08 Si

bring my landscaping!!!!!
    yay i could employee a bunch of beyond members!!!

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

I own a landscaping company as well, well sorta, ok not really, its just me and my friend, but we have alot of current contracts, and are set to make 4grand each in next 4weeks....interested in a murger ecstasy? take our buisness's outa town, lol...

on another note, kelowna is better than awsome in the summer, sucks ass in winter, just cause theirs nothign to do, and their skill hills kinda suck. Dont know about employment their, and yes, even shoppers drug mart closes at 8pm everynight. the only thing open past 10pm is golf courses(depending on season), bars, and thats pretty much all i can think of....cops are pretty brutal there, just small city quite a number of police. On another note, in bc if i recall, your actually aloud to touch the strippers, lol If you have the extra funds, starting up your own buisness would probably due fairly well out their during the tourist seasons.

My Ride
    08 Si

Originally posted by ryder_23
    I own a landscaping company as well, well sorta, ok not really, its just me and my friend, but we have alot of current contracts, and are set to make 4grand each in next 4weeks....interested in a murger ecstasy? take our buisness's outa town, lol...
    i would be very interested in that.
    VERY!
    it depends, i have 2 huge investements coming up and im either in it for $400,000 or im not so i wanna wait and check it out.

but yes next year will be the year to merge. im plannin on being in BC by that time anyways. consider coquitlam???? im here right now and currently staying in a million dollar community where every single home gets there maitenance done except for my dad, and thats why im here
    theres a huge market for it and hopefully im accelerating the process by spreading the word about my business and the quality of my work. ill grab some pics while im here and show you some of the work ive done over the past week.

whats your company name?

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

well i dont really wanna jack this guys thread, so how about you pm me, and we can talk further? anyways, i'm off to work, so i'll get back to you, as soon as i can, thanks

My Ride
    08 Si

Originally posted by ryder_23
    well i dont really wanna jack this guys thread, so how about you pm me, and we can talk further? anyways, i'm off to work, so i'll get back to you, as soon as i can, thanks
    ya back to kelowna, but i will PM you later on and see if we can work a deal.

KELOWNA RULES!!!!!!!

how did you guys start your own Landscaping business's?

Originally posted by rice_eater
    speaking of...everywhere i go in bc the freakin liqour stores close at SIX or EIGHT pm

Liquor in BC is government run, not like in Alberta where everything is privatized. However, even though the liquor stores close earlier than here, they have cheaper stuff, and one store will usually have EVERYTHING you could look for. I saw on the news the other night that in the last 4 years, the average cost for a case of beer went up here in Alberta by some 15%

Insurance is government run. Out of kicks, I had a friend down there look up how much my insurance would be per year. Right now, with just liability ($1 million) and comprehensive ($500 deductable), I'm paying $3400 a year. Down there, for liability ($2 million), comprehensive ($250 deductable), AND collision ($500 deductable), I would pay $2300 a year. So yes, insurance is MUCH cheaper down there than here.

Also, things such as power and natural gas (although they do more electric heating) are government run, which makes it also cheaper than here. Afterall, we have the HIGHEST rates in the country due to "de-regulation".

Minimum wage in BC is $7.30 (I think?), rather than our shitty $5.90, which is also the lowest in the country. And finding a job that pays $10+ an hour is much easier down there than it is here.

Basically, yes you pay more taxes down there, but then again, other things are also cheaper. Sometimes having everything privatized isn't the best

But back to your question, BC is a pretty good place to live in. I'd MUCH rather move to BC before I would move to Ontario.

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Originally posted by liquid1010
    how did you guys start your own Landscaping business's?
    Basically, me and my friend were sitting around, thinking about how we can make money, with out spending alot of money to get started...he has farming/landscaping equipment up the ying yang, and so do i, so we put 2 and 2 together and thought, well theres lots of rich lazy people around, might as well get them to pay us to do stuff that they wouldnt normally do themselves, yet save them money from professionals. How hard is it to mow a lawn. We prolly do the same if not better job than some professionals...put up signs, and then the phone calls poored in. thats how i did it...anymore questions just pm me. thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast