Quantcast
2009 Dodge Challenger revealed (sorta) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Dodge Challenger revealed (sorta)

Default 2009 Dodge Challenger revealed (sorta)

i think it looks really good... dissapointing that they had to add a b-pillar and that for the first year there will only be SRT-8 versions without a manual transmission... but still pretty dope.

http://www.thetorquereport.com/2007/..._revealed.html

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

its gay that they are putting the v6 in that.. so much for making it an exclusive classic.. if all it is is a 2 door charger then chrysler might as well close its doors and call it quits.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    its gay that they are putting the v6 in that.. so much for making it an exclusive classic.. if all it is is a 2 door charger then chrysler might as well close its doors and call it quits.
    Lots of the original Challengers were equipped with a 225ci slant 6 engine.

Most muscle cars from the 60s and early 70s had 6 cylinder options.

My Ride
    94 5.0 2004 FX4

that kinda sucks, but it's still something I'm looking forward to, I still have to get time to work on the '74

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I like it minus the SRT8 with an auto. 70-73 challengers were the shit, love those things. Where the hell's the manual?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

Why in the hell would they release the highest-powered version with that stupid 5-speed automatic? "Ooh, but it has Auto-Stick!"

Screw Auto-Stick, it's hardly a replacement for a good ol' manual trans, especially in a 425 HP car.
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

My Ride
    94 5.0 2004 FX4

I like it minus the SRT8 with an auto. 70-73 challengers were the shit, love those things. Where the hell's the manual?
    Nah 70, 71, and 74.

72 and 73

My Ride

If it didn't come with a 340, 440, or 426 it wasn't a challenger (insert 74 here).

I hate the 360 and 318, 340 was the best small block of the day.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    14 ZL1

The volume sales come from V-6 cars in this class. The Mustang proves this. Without these sales, the upper models would not exist!
    Mike
    14 ZL1
    07 Mazdaspeed3

My Ride
    94 5.0 2004 FX4

If it didn't come with a 340, 440, or 426 it wasn't a challenger (insert 74 here).

I hate the 360 and 318, 340 was the best small block of the day.
    Do you own one?

Originally posted by mikestypes
    The volume sales come from V-6 cars in this class. The Mustang proves this. Without these sales, the upper models would not exist!
    indeed the camaro and trans am proved that in the late 90's early 00's

the v6's did exist but it was more common to see the z28's and even those werent that common.

From a marketing standpoint i can totally understand having the v6 models to appeal to all of the soccer moms and "wannabe muscle car" drivers. As a car enthusiast... i hate it
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    94 5.0 2004 FX4

^ agreed.

okayyy......so the first challenger to be on the streets is going to be an automatic?? ...even if its the 6.1 Hemi, WHY AUTOMATIC?? Are they stupid...or do they just like losing money....or both?

I was sooo looking forward to leasing a 6-speed 6.1L HEMI next summer. I go to school in Kingston ON, and I wanted to drive from calgary to kingston at the end of next summer in that thing....so they better have a 6.1 in manual available by august or I'm gonna have to settle for a 350z or something...

And does it really matter to most of us on here whether or not they put in a v6. For the muscle car enthusiasts...they're just gonna get the 6.1L, who cares if there's a v6 available.

My Ride
    FWD FTW!

my dad works at the chrysler plant that makes the chargers. He says theyve made a few and they look really good and sound amazing. One of these is even going on auction very soon

im goin on a tour of the factory on the weekend and im gonna see one started up for myself , so i got my fingers crossed.

NO cams alowed in there though
    //--// SDWZ //--//

"If in doubt, flat out" C. McRae R.I.P.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

The SRT-8 Version is gonna be hella cool, honestly. I think we'll be seeing more then a few of those on the roads.

Actually the top selling engine for the Mustangs? the V6. Same with the Firebirds of the 80's and up.
    Lots of people want the performance of those cars but without ridiculous fuel bills & insurance, so the V6 was a very very popular option.
    I'm very disappointed that with the base model of this car, its manditorily an auto.... like WTF? WHY? are they TRYING to ruin it before the customers even get a hold of the first one?
    Thats utterly retarded
    I would most certainly not buy one of these it would only come as an auto. Hopefully they have the sense to release the SRT-8 at the exact same time they release this car so people have the choice, but having to deal with a 6.1L engine, just because they wanted a manual isn't too clever of a marketing concept, I honestly dont know what their trying to prove with this.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

All SRT8s only come with Auto? am i wrong?

My Ride
    94 5.0 2004 FX4

^ yeah, I mean they went out and designed a really cool retro car, and decided to give it a 6.1 hemi, but then decided to put and auto in?

It really comes down to all the idiots that are going to want it and can't drive standard. It's kind of sad that nobody bothers to learn anymore.

They will release one eventually........

My Ride

Originally posted by mark4091

Do you own one?
    No, but my father has in his past 30 some years of nothing but mopar experience.

In case you took in the wrong way, I wasn't slagging on your 74, just saying that the 318/360 aren't the engines you really want in an old dodge. That being said, any old challenger/cuda is envious to own regardless of what's under the hood.
    Originally posted by SJW
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    94 5.0 2004 FX4

No, but my father has in his past 30 some years of nothing but mopar experience.

In case you took in the wrong way, I wasn't slagging on your 74, just saying that the 318/360 aren't the engines you really want in an old dodge. That being said, any old challenger/cuda is envious to own regardless of what's under the hood.
    Ah I know, I wasin't trying to be a dick either, I really would take a 426 anyday over a 360, but It's all I got to work with at the moment, although I could get my hands on some other v8's

anyways yeah, my fav types of muscle cars, just happy to see them coming back!

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    The SRT-8 Version is gonna be hella cool, honestly. I think we'll be seeing more then a few of those on the roads.

Actually the top selling engine for the Mustangs? the V6. Same with the Firebirds of the 80's and up.
    Lots of people want the performance of those cars but without ridiculous fuel bills & insurance, so the V6 was a very very popular option.
    I'm very disappointed that with the base model of this car, its manditorily an auto.... like WTF? WHY? are they TRYING to ruin it before the customers even get a hold of the first one?
    Thats utterly retarded
    I would most certainly not buy one of these it would only come as an auto. Hopefully they have the sense to release the SRT-8 at the exact same time they release this car so people have the choice, but having to deal with a 6.1L engine, just because they wanted a manual isn't too clever of a marketing concept, I honestly dont know what their trying to prove with this.
    The reason why there is/was a V6 option on all the older cars, and the newer ones, is purely marketing. People want the LOOK and gas milage of the car with the V6 option, obviously not the performance, I think you made a mistake typing?

As an enthusiast, and having a deep love for many of the older Musclecars (mainly Mopar), I also hate seeing the auto tranny everywhere. But why is it there?

Again, purely marketing. It just isn't efficient to produce manual trannies anymore. Ever notice why recently, the manual transmission option has become more expensive then it's automatic counterpart? Because auto's are much better then they used to be, much faster (obviously can be faster shifting than a manual nowadays), and damn near everyone wants one.

People used to have the manual trannies in cars because it was the base option, and was much cheaper to produce. Look at the market nowadays. It is hardly cost-effective for companies to be producing manuals anymore, unfortunately.

All my cars are standards by the way you just have to understand that it's marketing at its finest.
    Last edited by ShelbyMopar; 10-21-2007 at 03:02 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast