Quantcast
Vg30dett - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Vg30dett

My Ride
    01 Cummins 3500,

Default Can anyone get deals at jdm source?

I am in need of a new VG30DETT (1990-1996 300zx TT Engine) i have searched arround a bit and lowest i could find was about 1G off ebay not including shipping. does anyone know some good cheap places to get import jdm engines? please let me know.
    So ive called jdm source and im wondering if theres someone on beyond who can get discounts through them and would be nice enough to share ur discount with fellow beyonders.
    He quoted me 11-1200 for the engine.
    Last edited by Mike w; 10-26-2007 at 12:52 PM.

My Ride
    a bunch of old wedges

jdmsource autodream..stay away from japan racing engines

My Ride
    boosted crvtec civic

i had a somewhat bad experience with j.r.e but he made up for it in the end.

and as for who to buy from www.jdmsource.ca

My Ride
    i dont drive, i fly

i was looking for one too.
    japan racing engines cant be trusted. he quoted me different price asked me to wait for three weeks. when i call back after three weeks he wanted me to pay $300 more than quoted price.

edit:
    [ i received a message from jre, they said $300 extra only if i wanted it before their next shipment arrives. if i get one at originally quoted price from next shipment then i would say their prices are very good, but i will let you know ]

Jdmsource is expensive and stil stuck at exchange rate of 70 cents cad for 1 us $. and he want you to pay in canadians.

there are couple of companies in monteal and toronto who have decent prices and feedbacks
    check 300zxclub
    Last edited by dreamchaser; 10-26-2007 at 07:14 PM.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

JDM soucre is where you want to go. $1200 and you know that your not gonna have the run around. Sohaib is great.

I have no idea what you are talking about with the exchange rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She wishes it was deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So deep put her ass to sleep.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

what does buying an engine IN CALGARY has anything to do with exchange rate?

I wonder if i can go to walmart and ask to pay American prices in american

My Ride
    i dont drive, i fly

if you are from calgary and pay in cad

if you order online from somewhere else pay in usd

if you still think that has nothing to do with exchange rate , i can explain it like we explain it to a two year old.

when i called , he thought i was calling from somewhere else because of my US voip number he said $1900. i said can i come and pick it up , then he said $2565 because you are from calgary. i said can i pay in usd , he said, "no, we dont go by current exchange rate "
    Last edited by dreamchaser; 10-26-2007 at 07:10 PM.

goto jdm source...dont be cheap...
    they are good guys! my friend picked up one those those engine he very please with the service and the quailty of the engine!

My Ride
    i dont drive, i fly

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
    what does buying an engine IN CALGARY has anything to do with exchange rate?

I wonder if i can go to walmart and ask to pay American prices in american
    if i was a mod i would not be doing it because we know you are affiliated with beyond and they ( paid sponsors ) pay you (or beyond ). if somebody takes away customers from your sponsors then it will hurt their business and that will hurt your business. so your opinion can be or can't be impartial .
    that is what i think , but i could be wrong.

secondly , you cant compare jdmsource with walmart. because walmart is multinational company and jdmsource is not.
    pick a company that has business only in one country.
    if you order from us or from canada you pay same price depending upon the current exchange rate.

it would be same thing if you go to a walmart in US and they say you are canadian you can buy this thing for $15 , but if you were US resident you would pay $10 for the same thing.
    Last edited by dreamchaser; 10-26-2007 at 07:42 PM.

Originally posted by dreamchaser
    when i called , he thought i was calling from somewhere else because of my US voip number he said $1900. i said can i come and pick it up , then he said $2565 because you are from calgary. i said can i pay in usd , he said, "no, we dont go by current exchange rate "
    yeah thats bullshit..

My Ride

if i was a mod i would not be doing it because we know you are affiliated with beyond and they ( paid sponsors ) pay you (or beyond ). if somebody takes away customers from your sponsors then it will hurt their business and that will hurt your business. so your opinion can be or can't be impartial .
    that is what i think , but i could be wrong.
    wish i get some of that money he pays for advertising, you obviosuly have not been here long enough to know that mods/admins dont side with anyone, even our sponsors.

secondly , you cant compare jdmsource with walmart. because walmart is multinational company and jdmsource is not.
    pick a company that has business only in one country.
    if you order from us or from canada you pay same price depending upon the current exchange rate.
    why not? Where did you get that logic? The company is located in CANADA, you are from Canada. Exchange rate has nothing to do with retail price. If you want to pay USD, go buy from the US. Its simple as that. Try asking the same thing to a dealership, let me know how they response.

[

it would be same thing if you go to a walmart in US and they say you are canadian you can buy this thing for $15 , but if you were US resident you would pay $10 for the same thing.
    no its not, its based on location, not nationality. You just contradicted yourself and proved my point. If you are an American wanting to buy an engine from jdmsource in calgary, you pay CAD, not USD.

My Ride
    i dont drive, i fly

no its not, its based on location, not nationality. You just contradicted yourself and proved my point. If you are an American wanting to buy an engine from jdmsource in calgary, you pay CAD, not USD.
    If you are an American wanting to buy an engine from jdmsource in calgary, you pay CAD, not USD
    Noooooooo, jdmsource says ,in this case pay USD and pay $1900 USD only.
    and if you are from calgary pay CAD and pay $2565 CAD even if one canadian dollar is worth 1.04 us dollar.

he is charging calgary customers more than US customers. and he is in business because of calgary customers.

My Ride

Noooooooo, jdmsource says ,in this case pay USD and pay $1900 USD only.
    and if you are from calgary pay CAD and pay $2565 CAD even if one canadian dollar is worth 1.04 us dollar.

he is charging calgary customers more than US customers. and he is in business because of calgary customers.
    He's charging more in terms of exchange rate, which is irrelevant to local retail price. Yes you are correct, you pay 2565 in CAD if you are from Canada, and 1900US if you are fo US. He is charging more for local in terms of exchange rate. Which again is irrelevant to local retail price. I'm sure He never said once that its based on nationality, but your location.

If you are an American wanting to buy an engine from jdmsource in calgary, you pay CAD, not USD
    Read again, it doesnt mean that jdmsource is based in calgary, but if you are buying locally. You still pay CAD, regardless of who you are. The pricing is based on where you buy from.

Again, you cant ask Calgary BMW if you can pay in US with US pricing. its the same logic.

My Ride
    04 Rsx-s,07 Frontier, 11 ss/rs

He's charging more in terms of exchange rate, which is irrelevant to local retail price. Yes you are correct, you pay 2565 in CAD if you are from Canada, and 1900US if you are fo US. He is charging more for local in terms of exchange rate. Which again is irrelevant to local retail price. I'm sure He never said once that its based on nationality, but your location.

Read again, it doesnt mean that jdmsource is based in calgary, but if you are buying locally. You still pay CAD, regardless of who you are. The pricing is based on where you buy from.

Again, you cant ask Calgary BMW if you can pay in US with US pricing. its the same logic.
    This is absolutely right. You can't argue it. It's the mindset, and it is consistent with other local businesses.
    Seeing as how you would have to pay shipping from the USA, I can't say it would be cheaper to do it that way like it is for cars.
    They very well may have you by the short and curlies on this one.
    Welcome to Canada.
    If the service is good, then it's likely worth it.
    Just make sure there is some sort of warranty on the motor, and if it leaks oil, take it back,etc.

My Ride
    i dont drive, i fly

sorry Mike V , did not mean to hijack your thread.
    Jdmsource is expensive and still stuck at exchange rate of 70 cents cad for 1 us $. and he want you to pay in canadians.
    well this is what i said in my first post. never mind all other posts. if you are comparing prices with other shops dont look at the jdmsource US dollar prices they are not for you.

like Revhard said
    If the service is good, then it's likely worth it.
    and
    Just make sure there is some sort of warranty on the motor, and if it leaks oil, take it back,etc.
    jdm source has their warranty on jdmsource.ca

here is some more good info
    http://www.300zxclub.com/showthread.php?t=94117

I have heard some good things about these guys
    removed link
    and check out their 90 days unlimited miles warranty
    removed link
    Last edited by dreamchaser; 10-27-2007 at 12:06 AM.

My Ride
    i dont drive, i fly

sorry for posting the link , but you can google for japanpowerinc
    Last edited by dreamchaser; 10-27-2007 at 11:49 AM.

jdmtuners as well is located in calgary