Quantcast
Toyota reliability falters; Ford's reliability it's best in years - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota reliability falters; Ford's reliability it's best in years

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by R!zz0
    Jap cars have built their names in realibility, while domestics have built their names in every mechanic shop around the world. I think thats why domestic car companies are trying very hard to convince people to start buying their cars.

I would still buy Jap cars HANDS DOWN
    LMAO, its hilarious you mention that I used to be a hardcore JDM-fanboy myself, until I got to know the mechanics on a first name basis that would work on them at the dealership. I'll never ever ever own another Jap car for as long as I live....period

My families owned pure "Domestic garbage" (in accordance to your statement) since the 70's and we still have yet to have 1, ONE break-down, just one, which includes my former S10 with 842k on it or my bro's 95 F-250 with a little over 900k on it.
    Or my Saturn SL2 winter car with 270k on it.

They dont have one ounce of convincing here in terms of 'making me want to consider owning one', either with the "shitty" domestic cars or the European's, I have no reason to ever even take a second look at a Toyota dealership lot ever again.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Antonito

Go to a news stand. Count how many Mustang enthusiast magazines there are. Now count how many Nissan Skyline magazines there are. Count how many Honda Civic magazines there are.

Look at the racing/show events throughout North America. Notice that there are more than a few Mustang only events that attract hundreds if not thousands of cars.

Your argument about women and stock cars would hold water if it wasn't for the fact that import cars are either far more loaded with women and old people and stock cars (Civics, VWs. Audis) or are in such short supply that the total number of cars can't even compare to the number of souped up Mustangs (Skylines, Supras, NSX's)

I think it's safe to say that the Mustang has a larger following than any single import mode

Oh shit, Jeremy Clarkson didn't like the Cobra, close up the doors Ford, no one gives a fuck. And ignore all the people that like the car.

True. But it is very easy to say you are not an enthusiast if you don't understand why other people would want to talk about a Mustang an enthusiast forum. You might not want to talk about it, hell you can hate the fucking thing with all your might, and that's your perogative, but I'm pretty sure a other people do like them, and want to talk about it.

Not having a neon-coated Civic doesn't keep you from being a fanboy. All it takes is a little bit of ignorance and BAM, it's like throwing a TRD sticker on a Honda.
    The whole thing about car mags means nothing. The Mustang is the kind of car that normal people consider a sports car. It doesn't take an enthusiast to ever recognize one. Now that's fine, as the same can be said of Porsches and Ferraris, but the problem is that the Mustang totally underperforms.

You try to make a comparison between Mustangs and Civics, but that's flawed because all those uninformed women and men that know nothing about cars buy the Mustang thinking it's a sports car! When people buy Civics, I think it's a safe bet to say they don't think of it as a sports car. So what if the Mustang has a huge following; most of those people don't know a thing about cars. They're just as bad as ricers that think they're into cars because they riced out a Civic in their teens.

Now really, every single car make and model has it's following of enthusiasts, everyone knows that. Hell, I'm sure I could find some forums with people who mod Camries... So why would you read into a simple statement I made so thoroughly? Why deconstruct the literal meaning from it when it's pretty clear what the meaning and intent behind it is? Really, you could do that for just about anything anyone ever says. So as I said, fuck off.

I guess I missed the point entirely. Whatever that point may be. Maybe one day you will actually explain it.

The point is Jeff drives the Mustang equivalent Honda except with a whole lot less torque. That is what I took out of it.
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

Barlow is offline I was under probation for 2 years

Does anyone else, just read through the thread, and ends up skipping most of it as soon as the read something they think is "stupid" "wrong" and or "Not nased on anything but personal oppinion".... I have started to do this and find i can save myself about 5 minutes.... reading.

Laterz

Barlow

My Ride
    a wrx.

I guess I missed the point entirely. Whatever that point may be. Maybe one day you will actually explain it.
    Oh I'm sorry. This is the least I could do for you.

Hope that helps.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Toms-SC
    The point is Jeff drives the Mustang equivalent Honda except with a whole lot less torque. That is what I took out of it.
    The worst part of owning a Honda is owning a Honda.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    Oh I'm sorry. This is the least I could do for you.

Hope that helps.
    I looked and looked, but I couldn't find any words to replace "import fanboy in denial". The ESL system fails again

My Ride
    AE92GZE, Legacy BL, Yaris

I can't believe everyone believed Jeff when he said he drives a 'lowered civic.'

I think his point was quite clear.

Too funny.

And the point is? I'm sorry, I'm really lost here. He both continues to back up his claim that Mustangs are not enthusiast cars, and yet is trying to distance himself from that claim, and is not really offering any other points.

My Ride
    AE92GZE, Legacy BL, Yaris

And the point is? I'm sorry, I'm really lost here. He both continues to back up his claim that Mustangs are not enthusiast cars, and yet is trying to distance himself from that claim, and is not really offering any other points.
    fuck off.

Impressive.

Originally posted by benyl

Haha, Land Rover and Mazda ARE Fords!
    Hush you im talking about ford badged cars - nobody likes to admit they have retarded cousins haha

Got me there. I am definitely an "import fanboy." I drive a lowered Civic and I read magazines with trashy models draped over other lowered Civics.

When you say the Mustang has a bigger following, I would agree with you. I mean come on, more that 2/3rds of the owners are women and 9 times out of 10, the Mustangs you see on the road are base model I4s or V6s. Even the top model Cobras don't exactly garner respect - have you ever seen Jeremy Clarkson trashing them? I guess he's not a real enthusiast either...

In case you don't get the message, here it is again: you don't have to like Mustangs to be called a car enthusiast.

If you still don't understand, here's an even simpler message for you: fuck off, dipshit.

Edit: I guess my avatar is pretty fan-boy, but still, fuck off.
    Also in all fairness Jeff, Jeremy did complain a lot while driving a new mustang calling it a GT when it was clearly a v6 in that episode Also in 1 episode he can hardly say anything bad about the new z06... and an episode after that he can hardly think up anything nice to say about it - he just had a jihad out on american cars haha
    Last edited by 403Gemini; 10-19-2007 at 01:00 PM.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    a wrx.

I'm not as biased as Jeremy...I think the Z06 is a pretty killer car, interior aside.

I'm not as biased as Jeremy...I think the Z06 is a pretty killer car, interior aside.
    Agree, id give the interior a 6/10 but the rest of the car 10/10 hands down
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

It's pretty stupid to make a comment about how good a car is based on Clarkson's opinion. In the 10x01 ep. he says that the GT3 RS is rubbish and simply a rebadged VW Beetle. It's entertainment, not fact.

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

Ignoring most of the troll bullshit in your post, let's get to the meat and potatoes, shall we?
    In case you don't get the message, here it is again: you don't have to like Mustangs to be called a car enthusiast.

If you still don't understand, here's an even simpler message for you: fuck off, dipshit.

Edit: I guess my avatar is pretty fan-boy, but still, fuck off.
    DIPSHIT?? MOM, GTS JEFF IS CALLING ME NAMES!

Who said anything about liking? You don't have to like it, but you can't deny that the Mustang has been a staple of the automotive performance enthusiast world for a long time. You said that Ford and/or Mustang discussion doesn't belong on an enthusiast forum, which clearly it does, it doesn't take an idiot to understand this... which leaves me wondering exactly what derogatory category you'd fall under.

Taking Jeremy Clarkson's word as gospel is retarded. In fact, you have to take anything from Top Gear with a grain of salt.

Examples:
    - Testing a V6 Mustang and reporting as though it were the V8 GT model.
    - The test of the Corvette C6, saying it has a "leaf-spring suspension", or where the 'drag race' scene was filmed with a pooched clutch after all the abuse it took. (Google it)
    - The comparison of a GT3 RS to a rebadged VW Beetle.

Jeremy enjoys taking American cars, and giving them horrible reviews in comparison to their "European counterparts"... counterparts which generally cost thousands of dollars more. Don't get me wrong, I love the show, but even I know when to take that putz seriously and when he's just being Clarkson.

Originally posted by alloroc
    Lol hope there is some sarcasm there from a 'knowlegable' enthusiast.

Did you know Jaguar and Hyundai both scored better than BMW?
    I know, but I drive an M, gotta stand by your brand.
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

My Ride
    a wrx.

My point was that Clarkson is still an enthusiast, even if a biased one. No one is taking his word or the show's as gospel. Sorry you couldn't see that.

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

My point was that Clarkson is still an enthusiast, even if a biased one. No one is taking his word or the show's as gospel. Sorry you couldn't see that.
    Oh I got it, but what I don't see is what you thought you were proving by mentioning that.

Whatever. </thread>
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

My Ride
    A Slow Car

I guess some people have better luck with domestics then they have with imports. Vice versa.
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast