Quantcast
Fs: Only Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Ix In Canada - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fs: Only Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Ix In Canada

My Ride
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR

Default Fs: Only Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Ix In Canada

This car is one of a kind. It breaks necks on a daily basis and it truly the best bang for the buck out there. HOWEVER. THIS CAR CANNOT BE REGISTERED IN CANADA. THIS MEANS IT CAN BE USED FOR TRACK, SHOW, COLLECTING, ETC. IF IT IS REGISTERED IN THE US AND DRIVEN IN CANADA, THEN IT'S OK. If you are still interested after reading that please read on
    Year : 2006
    Make and Model : Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR Edition
    Exterior Color : Wicked White
    Interior Color : Black alcantara and leather
    Auto or Manual? : 6-speed manual
    Odometer Reading : 20,000 miles
    Location of Vehicle : Toronto, Ontario
    Description : The car is a 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR. It is by far the most exciting car I have ever driven, and it has put smiles on the faces of owners of cars worth twice the price. For pure driving experience, this car is VERY hard to beat.

The car has around 20k miles on it and it has been maintained meticulously throughout its entire life. This includes routine oil changes every 3000 miles, and the appropriate service at 15000 miles. It is mechanically flawless and runs better exactly as it did when I drove it off the lot. The clutch is still very strong and grabs the same as it always has, as I never launch the car and rev-match every downshift.

Cosmetically the car has 2 blemishes. Fortunately they are both on easily replaceable parts. The first is on the front lip and the other is on the left side mirror. I would give this car a 9.5 out of 10 aesthetically for that reason.

The MR consists of the following upgrades from the factory: 6-speed, Bilstein monotube shocks, split seven-spoke forged aluminum BBS wheels (replaced with aftermarket), aluminum roof, gauge pack, HID headlights with integrated fog lights, vortex generator, and custom MR badging (replaced with aftermarket).

Warranty still exists and is good for another 80000 miles or 9 years!

Extras :
    Jun BL cat-back
    compustar alarm
    sub/amp/component speakers in the front and alpine HU
    3 defi gauges w/ control unit
    Swift springs
    Advan RCIIs gold 18" w/ 245/40/18 tires
    stubby antenna
    k&N filter
    yellow fogs
    Tinted windows 35 in the front and 20 in the rear
    Evolution IX UK black badging in the rear.

Asking Price : $40,000 OBO (flexible if serious buyer)

Aaron
    E-Mail : [email protected] (I have messenger as well)
    Phone : E-mail preferred

Pictures :

SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY.

My Ride
    a plane

questions ... is this a track car or just a show car?... and how was it brought to canada ?

and fyi
    http://www.canadatrader.com/result/d...5&pgno=1&srt=1
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride

Originally posted by PINOY-X
    questions ... is this a track car or just a show car?... and how was it brought to canada ?

and fyi
    http://www.canadatrader.com/result/d...no=1&srt=1
    I have no idea what the link was because it won't let me access it.

Also, please read closely. From my knowledge it is the only Lancer evolution IX MR Edition . I have heard of a few Evo VIIIs.

This car was driven with US plates as I am a dual citizen. If you can find a way to register it then you can drive it. Otherwise it can only be used for non-street purposes.

My Ride
    06 EVO IX, 17 RAPTOR,13 JKRU, 18 TH Jeep

That link was for this out of Burnaby, BC..

"2006 MITSUBISHI EVOLUTION EVO IX, AWD, 11000 km, 7000 miles-US spec. Strictly maintained. Exterior graphite, Interior black/grey. Solid top. Vehicle located in Blaine. You already know the rest, $28600."

Everyone on this site knows that other than the 15 EVo VIII's registered for street duty, any other EVO's up in Canada are for track/show use only....unless someone is visiting for the US and brought their car with them.

Might be a hard sell.....it's like having a supermodel wife sealed in a glass box....nice to have, but no fun if you can't play with it..i consider myself very lucky to have one of those 15...

My Ride

Originally posted by 4WARNED
    That link was for this out of Burnaby, BC..

"2006 MITSUBISHI EVOLUTION EVO IX, AWD, 11000 km, 7000 miles-US spec. Strictly maintained. Exterior graphite, Interior black/grey. Solid top. Vehicle located in Blaine. You already know the rest, $28600."

Everyone on this site knows that other than the 15 EVo VIII's registered for street duty, any other EVO's up in Canada are for track/show use only....unless someone is visiting for the US and brought their car with them.

Might be a hard sell.....it's like having a supermodel wife sealed in a glass box....nice to have, but no fun if you can't play with it..i consider myself very lucky to have one of those 15...
    I'm assuming for that price it's an RS or GSR model?

It is going to be a hard sell, but I'm hoping it will find a good home.

I hope the owner of that Evo in BC isn't trying to play it off as a Canadiancar.

Tons of people have dedicated track Evos and show evos in the states. I figure someone in Canada would probably want one too.

My Ride

Originally posted by eggy

I'm assuming for that price it's an RS or GSR model?

It is going to be a hard sell, but I'm hoping it will find a good home.

I hope the owner of that Evo in BC isn't trying to play it off as a Canadiancar.

Tons of people have dedicated track Evos and show evos in the states. I figure someone in Canada would probably want one too.
    Not sure.....when he lists the whereabouts of the car as Blaine, WA, that should be a tipoff to be any buyer ..

Good luck on the sale....

No, there is another one.

It is in the impound yard at customs, sweetgrass.

It may never get more north than its 100x100 caged and fenced compound. Sad. When the 2008's come out, maybe it will be easier to get these things in canada. THe new ones are same hp with more weight.

I drove through last week, it was yellow. That is going to hurt someone. They don't just grown on trees, and it ain't a lemon.
    ----------------------------------

My Ride

Originally posted by gamman
    No, there is another one.

It is in the impound yard at customs, sweetgrass.

It may never get more north than its 100x100 caged and fenced compound. Sad. When the 2008's come out, maybe it will be easier to get these things in canada. THe new ones are same hp with more weight.

I drove through last week, it was yellow. That is going to hurt someone. They don't just grown on trees, and it ain't a lemon.
    I was at the crossing when that kid tried to bring his EVO VIII across.....it wasn't pretty. That was August 2...and it's still there....

My Ride

Exactly why this is a good opportunity. It's already here in Canada and there's no need to register it if it's going to be used for non-street purposes.

I was at the crossing...

was there a write up on it? I really would want to hear the story.
    ----------------------------------

My Ride

Originally posted by gamman
    I was at the crossing...

was there a write up on it? I really would want to hear the story.
    My apologies to the thread derail.....Yeah, it's pretty sad actually....kid and his mom followed ME home in my EVO one night....asking all sorts of question, how did i get it here, etc....explained to him it was one of the 15 lucky ones. Anyways, that yellow EVO at the border is his...parents had just split up and he moved to Calgary with his mom. Got all excited when he saw my EVO up here as he thought you can't import them (which is correct)....i simply told him that if his dad still has a residence in California, to keep the plate from CALI on it and simply drive it across....easy.

Well, the night i came across with my GT500, i saw him pulled into the inspection line....his only comment was, "yeah, we're gonna try to sneak it across with an ALBERTA plate"......i shook my head and knew what was going to happen.....my geuss is the car is now evidence in a fraud case (the plate came off his GMC Jimmy)...

My Ride

Exactly. If you have american plates you are good to go.

Otherwise don't even think about it as a street car in Canada.

Default ...

there is one guy in edmonton has the evo VIII with canada registered and insured...
    how did that happen?!?

My Ride
    335i

Got it registered and insured before RIV put it on their inadmissible list. The one posted here is NOT the same as it's flagged and cannot be registered in Canada.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    F30

sucks that it cant be registered but thats one nice car
    Originally posted by Ven
    If you find a chic the there with a stick shift don't be alarmed. It's just the performance model, go ahead and ride it like you stole it.

My Ride
    Wheel hops

Anyone wanna loan me 40K? Ill just register it under my parents address in Georgia

My Ride
    1998 civic Si

Thats not the only one, theres another one here in calgary, a silver metalic one. I don't know who it belongs too but i saw some old man driving it.

My Ride

Originally posted by Goo_wak_jai
    Thats not the only one, theres another one here in calgary, a silver metalic one. I don't know who it belongs too but i saw some old man driving it.
    That "old man" you spotted is Vertigo on this forum.....rally car driver, performance driving instructor, etc.....

My Ride
    2000 BMW 540i/6-spd & 2008 Triumph Street Triple

Originally posted by 4WARNED

That "old man" you spotted is Vertigo on this forum.....rally car driver, performance driving instructor, etc.....
    Yup... that "old guy" will drive circles around ANYONE on this forum! One of the few who knows how to properly drive an Evo.

Back on topic; could this car be re-shelled?
    Does the regular Lancer have the same shell as the Evo??
    Last edited by GT4rally; 10-22-2007 at 10:59 PM.

My Ride
    Bmw 325

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast