Quantcast
Why God is Imaginary - Page 13 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Why God is Imaginary

Originally posted by 89coupe

You obviously are not grasping the subject at hand very well. Thats OK, I'm done with you...LOL
    I'm understanding just fine... but at the end of it, your refusing to answer the question. It was NOT the first time the word "God" was printed.... period. That's really all there is to it. Simply put, you're wrong.

Science in the most simplest form 1+1=2
    God nothing + nothing = nothing
    what the fuck is that? first off that's math you stupid fuck and second god nothing + nothing doesn't make any sense, you are weak sauce and you shouldn't be starting threads like these if you can't back your shit up.

My Ride
    X3 3.0, CLK500, FZR600

LOL this is one of the better religion threads
    Listen fam, she had a big rack of lamb
    And they caused mad problems like math exams
    Ask my man, her tits caused traffic jams

My Ride
    94 5.0 2004 FX4

Originally posted by TegLover

what the fuck is that? first off that's math you stupid fuck and second god nothing + nothing doesn't make any sense, you are weak sauce and you shouldn't be starting threads like these if you can't back your shit up.
    He's saying, Science is based on fact, for something to be included it is known and studied.

For religion it's "the sea was parted by divine forces, and we have faith in that" Those divine forces are not known to be possible in the laws that govern our lives......but you have faith in that.

He could have said that a bit better I'll agree with that.

Did anyone actually answer me yet? what has god done for anyone lately? seriously, whats he done, I want to hear it..

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    Did anyone actually answer me yet? what has god done for anyone lately? seriously, whats he done, I want to hear it..
    He touched me. Inappropriately.
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-30-2020 at 03:33 AM.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-30-2020 at 03:32 AM.

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Originally posted by Toms-SC

In late on this thread, what have I missed?

BTW science isn't always right, 89 coupe you said somewhere in here that science starts with theory and then is proven. But actually science is theory until it is disproven. You can't actually "prove" something in science, you can only disprove it. You can't prove gravity cause one day i might throw a baseball into the air and it won't come down. It's highly unlikely but there is always a possibility it could happen. like honda making a car with torque.

P.S. I'm agnostic and i'm looking at buying an s2k
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

^ "facts" in science are constantly disproved, so the theory about science being fact doesn't really apply

Originally posted by Eleanor
    BTW science isn't always right, 89 coupe you said somewhere in here that science starts with theory and then is proven. But actually science is theory until it is disproven. You can't actually "prove" something in science, you can only disprove it. You can't prove gravity cause one day i might throw a baseball into the air and it won't come down. It's highly unlikely but there is always a possibility it could happen. like honda making a car with torque.

P.S. I'm agnostic and i'm looking at buying an s2k [/B]
    LOL... couldn't help but laugh with your last comment... classic!

One of the things that I find really odd about this entire debate, is that people constantly ask anybody who believes in God to "prove" His existance using science. That is an entirely impossible and faulty premise. In essense, as Eleanor mentioned, most scientific premises come down to the idea of probability. So what is the probability that God exists? That's a totally new question.

Most atheists seem to be of the idea that as soon as we add the concept of God into the mix, we are negating the entire foundation of truth that Science has proven over the past centuries... which is entirely wrong. The Science doesn't change, because it doesn't need to. Does putting God into the equation change gravity, thermodynamics, physics, or biology? Absolutely not. All that adding the idea of God does is add a meaning behind all this. - Some posters keep bring up Bertrand Russell in this thread, so I thought I would quote him for you. He stated that any Philosophy of life worth taking seriously has to have a "firm foundation of unyielding despair".

Taking into account the above quote, I would prefer to live my life in a manner that doesn't require "unyielding despair", but requires satisfaction, joy, and excitement. Does this mean that Atheists are miserable? Not neccesarily, but Bertrand Russell sure seems to think it "should".

what a stupid site. no matter what religion people are you can NOT EVER thats anti God.

My Ride
    94 5.0 2004 FX4

Originally posted by HondaRice
    what a stupid site. no matter what religion people are you can NOT EVER thats anti God.
    I don't even know what you're trying to say....

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    Ok, so anyone who really believes in god, explain to me what he does for you, that you couldn't do on your own?

I firmly believe you can only trust in yourself, at the end of the day you're the one who steers you own life, and controls who you become and what you stand for..

don't you think that that is just a little naive to believe that nothing is beyond your control? I suppose people who get run over walking down the street were just asking for it....

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Eleanor

P.S. I'm agnostic and i'm looking at buying an s2k
    Part of science says you need evidence to prove/support theories while in the same breath science realizes nothing is 100% certain and everything we know today could be thrown out the window a century from now.

One point about making a theory, it requires at least a hypothesis if not many hypotheses, then testing, then evalutation before it is actually a theory. The theories we know today were calculated/imagined by people who were considered absolutely crazy at the time and now look at them! Elementary right? Well from a purely scientific point of view, is it not possible that at the present time we have no means of "accessing" God and thus have no proof? Will we ever establish a physical link directly to God and be able to ask Him/Her questions? Probably not in our lifetime but I find it pretty narrow-minded to believe something doesn't exist because you can't see it. The thing is, none of us knows with 100% certainty that God does or does not exist and THAT is pure fact.

My .02
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Einstein said it well.

Einstein stated that "My position concerning God is that of an agnostic. I am convinced that a vivid consciousness of the primary importance of moral principles for the betterment and ennoblement of life does not need the idea of a law-giver, especially a law-giver who works on the basis of reward and punishment."

Einstein said it well.

Einstein stated that "My position concerning God is that of an agnostic. I am convinced that a vivid consciousness of the primary importance of moral principles for the betterment and ennoblement of life does not need the idea of a law-giver, especially a law-giver who works on the basis of reward and punishment."
    LOL... do you ever actually answer posted questions for you, or do you just post "quotes"?

Originally posted by liquid1010

LOL... do you ever actually answer posted questions

Do you? I'm still waiting for those sources.

I found the best thing to do is to not care.

As an atheist I will stick to snide remarks and lol's to religious people, they aren't worth anything further then that. Once one has become so entrenched, so brainwashed by said 'religion' it is impossible to convert them. If God himself floated down from the heavens and told his followers he was fake, they would not believe it. It's just the name of the game.

The Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, Tooth Fairy and Jesus all have numerous books written about them dating back ages. I am just not delusional enough to take any of those literatures as fact.
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

Originally posted by Antonito

Do you? I'm still waiting for those sources.
    Sure, I'll post them tonight. Care to post yours?

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 LastLast