Quantcast
How to lose that damn gut?? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How to lose that damn gut??

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

Unhappy How to lose that damn gut??

Alright, so Ive been going to the gym for a solid 4 months now and Ive noticed lots of good results with gains in strength and muscle growth. Still most people would say im pretty scrawny, 6 foot 5 at 185 pounds. Thing is, ive got this gut of flab that can really only be noticed when I sit down and its driving me nuts because i cant seem to get rid of it. My diet is pretty healthy, no cookies, chips, sweets, etc.
    Offer suggestions???
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Do more cardio.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

run every day for 45-60min at the fastest pace you can for 4 weeks, but make sure to also do weights and stuff and lots of protein and you should be good to go if you dont eat white bread and other junk

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

sit ups... work on your core..

google workouts and piece together a new routine that focuses more on your abdominal area.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by Jlude
    sit ups... work on your core..

google workouts and piece together a new routine that focuses more on your abdominal area.
    sit ups wont do much for definition, its imposible (naturally) to just kill the fat in one spot of your body, gut is the hardest to get rid of and it requires a change in diet

My Ride
    91 240sx w/sr20

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym

it's a lost cause, we all end up old and with a gut, may as well just accept it..

Last edited by Supa Dexta; 10-24-2007 at 01:26 AM.

My Ride
    Subaru GR

Originally posted by ercchry
    its imposible (naturally) to just kill the fat in one spot of your body
    Bingo. Generally to get the "six pack", you will have to be under 10% body fat. Males store most excess fuel around the gut area. Best bet is to change your diet.....

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Default Re: How to loose that damn gut??

Originally posted by cycosis
    Alright, so Ive been going to the gym for a solid 4 months now and Ive noticed lots of good results with gains in strength and muscle growth. Still most people would say im pretty scrawny, 6 foot 5 at 185 pounds. Thing is, ive got this gut of flab that can really only be noticed when I sit down and its driving me nuts because i cant seem to get rid of it. My diet is pretty healthy, no cookies, chips, sweets, etc.
    Offer suggestions???
    Its probably your diet. I would check your balance of carbs to protein. If you want more of an explaination just pm me.

I've worked out for years.....5 weeks ago I changed my diet and I've lost 12 pounds and 2" inches off of my waist.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

Can anybody recommend a diet for somebody with little to no time to make anything to eat? I hardly have time to cook dinner let alone snag something on my way out the door for breakfast or even make something healthy enough for lunch. Ive been going to a sandwich place on the +15's and just get a tuna sandwich for under $5 with no mayo so i think my lunch is pretty good, but breakfast and dinner i need quick and easy solutions.

Im pretty much in the same situation as cycosis, ive been working out pretty hard for the last month and a half and theres quite a drastic difference in my muscles of what they were and what they are now (hell 2 of my shirts dont fit anymore and my arms fill up the sleeves on my 2 shirts now, so ) but i cant shake my fucking gut. My solar plexus is solid but my lower abs suck ass.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

A great "quick" meal I use for cutting weight is one can of tuna, one stick of celery diced and a half a cucumber diced and one tbsp of low fat mayo, salt and pepper to taste.

Other days I take one chicken breast, boil it, and for a side, steamed veggies.

Oh, drink lots of water through out the day.

Works great!

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Quick easy meal for breakfast, well what i have every day when i get up is a shake. Throw some frozen mango's, pineapple's and mixed berries with a banana some vanilla yogurt and cranberrie juice in a blender and you got a great breakfast!

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

alright so as far as diet goes then... i eat lots of fruits and veggies, tuna and sardines, eggs, brown bread that has ltos of nuts and crap(maybe one loaf every 3 weeks), cereal in the morning, yogurt, more rice than noodles and beef 2-3 times a week. maybe portions are too big? Im kind of at a loss because most of my body is lacking but i guess its impossible to build up body weight and loose fat at the same time??

diet suggestions?
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

portion control is huge.
    im actually in the midst of fixxing all my shit up to

chicken and rice
    tuna and brown bread.
    chicken and rice
    tuna and brown bread
    chicken and rice
    tuna and brown bread.

lol..

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by cycosis
    alright so as far as diet goes then... i eat lots of fruits and veggies, tuna and sardines, eggs, brown bread that has ltos of nuts and crap(maybe one loaf every 3 weeks), cereal in the morning, yogurt, more rice than noodles and beef 2-3 times a week. maybe portions are too big? Im kind of at a loss because most of my body is lacking but i guess its impossible to build up body weight and loose fat at the same time??

diet suggestions?
    Its simple really, measure your calories. If you are burning more then you are taking in you will lose weight. PERIOD!

My Ride
    e36/350z

6'5 and 185 pnds? that's pretty skinny man... i'm 5,11 and 175 and i'm doin alright... u drink a lot? maybe u should take in easy on that area And definitely, ab work out works Not drasticly but still helps for sure...

My Ride
    Subaru GR

an easy method to help with diet is to cut your carbs in 1/2. I know its pretty tough to think WTF is a carb is ahead of time. If you happen to be eating a sandwich, take the top off. If your meal has some rice/noodles, cut it in half and throw it on the floor or something.....
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    e36/350z

Originally posted by 1-Bar
    an easy method to help with diet is to cut your carbs in 1/2. I know its pretty tough to think WTF is a carb is ahead of time. If you happen to be eating a sandwich, take the top off. If your meal has some rice/noodles, cut it in half and throw it on the floor or something.....
    can't get any clearer than this

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Originally posted by jdmXSI
    Quick easy meal for breakfast, well what i have every day when i get up is a shake. Throw some frozen mango's, pineapple's and mixed berries with a banana some vanilla yogurt and cranberrie juice in a blender and you got a great breakfast!
    wow...that's rather high glycemic. You aren't doing yourself any favors here. You aren't goign to burn any fat in your body that way.

http://www.glycemicindex.com/

Use carbs with a lower glycemic level and make sure you are eating protien with those carbs.

Balance-
    carb grams x.75 = protein grams
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast