Quantcast
Unpainted Body Kits - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unpainted Body Kits

My Ride
    2000 Honda Civic Coupe

Default Unpainted Body Kits

What's up with cars driving around with unpainted body kits on them? Just wondering is this a new trend or something? I've seen 2 red civics in the NE (Corral Springs), white and red Del Sol around Forest Lawn, red Probe on Macleod Tr. and others I can't remember. I personally think it looks ugly, if they can afforded to buy these body kits, why can't they afford to paint them first before installing them on to their car.

My Ride
    UA6

it's not a new trend, people have always been doing it. i have no clue why though

I seen that Del Sol on 17ave se so many times but everytime I see it, the body kit is still not painted. It's been like that since 2 years ago.

My Ride
    89 Fairlady TT, 01 MDX, 02 CBR F4i

Yeah I see that red civic all the time too. I think it comes down to not being to afford to paint it. I mean, if you have the cash, as if you wouldn't get it done. If anyone here has a kit and has it on their car and is not painted... please please, get it painted!
    Come visit our new shop!

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Yeah i have never understood this either.. it looks so tacky and rediculous. If you can't afford to paint the kit, don't buy the kit. PERIOD. I could understand if someone got it fitted and have a day booked to get it painted in the near future, but it doesn't seem to be the case for some of these people
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

coz they are pimp YO!!!

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I see the red probe a lot too.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Brick Type R, SC AW11, Alcyone

Anyone see a 97 or 98 Camry rolling around with an unpainted kit and a huge aluminum spoiler? Tan colored? I see it cruising on Macleod all the time
    omgwtfbbq

My Ride
    97 EK

there are other reasons. People put their stuff on to take shape on teh car. And to make sure it fits so they can trim and what not before painting.
    I'm going to buy a 89 camaro.

My Ride
    FA1

Default Re: Unpainted Body Kits

Originally posted by JC Civic
    What's up with cars driving around with unpainted body kits on them? Just wondering is this a new trend or something? I've seen 2 red civics in the NE (Corral Springs), white and red Del Sol around Forest Lawn, red Probe on Macleod Tr. and others I can't remember. I personally think it looks ugly, if they can afforded to buy these body kits, why can't they afford to paint them first before installing them on to their car.

Originally posted by TEG_G2
    I seen that Del Sol on 17ave se so many times but everytime I see it, the body kit is still not painted. It's been like that since 2 years ago.

That's my friends car.... I asked her why she didn't paint it / lower it yet and she just said she's still working.. haha and it's been like that since she got the car... so yeah.. oh well...

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

I saw some guy on McLeod yesterday driving a silver 5th Gen lude with a black unpainted body kit on it. Had Speedville and "Honda Racing" decals all over it. Also appeared to have his springs cut cause the car was bouncing up and down all over the place. Real safe.

Driving with Cut Springs + Unpainted Body Kit = Should have saved up more to do it properly.
    Travel

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by Daddymax
    there are other reasons. People put their stuff on to take shape on teh car. And to make sure it fits so they can trim and what not before painting.
    Those are legimate reasons, but what is their reason for leaving it on?? The Probe has had that kit unpainted for at least a month.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    The Probe has had that kit unpainted for at least a month.
    yeah i know he should have saved up and had it done properly,not driving around with it multicolors , like me MINES GOING IN ON MONDAY And im pumped!!! haha

My Ride
    1988 Accord, 1990 4Runner SR5

Anyone see a 97 or 98 Camry rolling around with an unpainted kit and a huge aluminum spoiler? Tan colored? I see it cruising on Macleod all the time
    OMG, that has to be one of the ugliest cars ever. I really hate it. I see it at least once a day, it has a different colour front bumper and back bumper, a big cheesy aluminum wing, and blue/black tint..

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Originally posted by Ben
    I saw some guy on McLeod yesterday driving a silver 5th Gen lude with a black unpainted body kit on it. Had Speedville and "Honda Racing" decals all over it. Also appeared to have his springs cut cause the car was bouncing up and down all over the place. Real safe.

Driving with Cut Springs + Unpainted Body Kit = Should have saved up more to do it properly.

....thats my buddy from work, my car-less self got a ride home in his car the other day, i bug him all the time about the unpainted Kit, he dosnt seem to mind the way it looks .....He Has lowering Springs, but its still on the Stock shocks/struts,( will be changed within a month) hence the slightly bouncy ride. Its just really low, and on 18" wheels its gets pretty rough.
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    08 VQ35HR

There's a red civic hatch by my house that has a green rear bumper + green front lip + baby blue side skirts... it looks like a lego toy car. I think some people just steal kits off other people's cars and put it on their own. I guess it doesn't matter what color the kit is as long as it fits on your car... :

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by RiceCake
    Wait until I get pics of this thing...... I have to say it is the most ridiculous car I have ever seen in my entire life.... It lives over near 90ave and 24 st....so hurtin....

4 door camry with blue and yellow body kit, and silver aluminum spoiler....and it is silver....
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    91 Civic

Originally posted by James

....thats my buddy from work, my car-less self got a ride home in his car the other day, i bug him all the time about the unpainted Kit, he dosnt seem to mind the way it looks .....He Has lowering Springs, but its still on the Stock shocks/struts,( will be changed within a month) hence the slightly bouncy ride. Its just really low, and on 18" wheels its gets pretty rough.
    James, could you do me a big favour? Ask him why he hangs out infront of Bishop Grandin all the time? And if he knows a lovely lady called Veronika?
    Originally posted by Ridelikeme

preludes are definately not slow.. they are the corvettes of the honda 4cylinder world..they float

I saw the red probe goin down deerfoot heading south

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Originally posted by Toms-Celica

James, could you do me a big favour? Ask him why he hangs out infront of Bishop Grandin all the time? And if he knows a lovely lady called Veronika?
    Im guessing he hangs out there cause he use to go to Grandin....would this Veronika girl be your Sister or something and you want to kick his ass? ...j/k i'll see.whats your name?
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast