Quantcast
Well if you didn't think so before... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Well if you didn't think so before...

My Ride
    Highlander

Default Well if you didn't think so before...

If someone didn't know that Stelmach was an idiot before last night, they sure would know that now.

The overhyped giant speech he was supposed to give last night about the oil royalties turned into a 19 minute rambling about not much of anything and cost the province $124,000. There's another speech today (WTF was the point of last night then?) Apparently the REAL announcement is going to be made this afternoon...after the market closes. Guess he's got to sell off all of his own stocks and shares before he tanks the Alberta market, eh?

Stelmach =

Yeah, the guy's a tool. Why doesn't anyone in politics understand that it makes you look 100 times worse when you stand up there and waffle. What the hell, doesn't this guy have any consultants, or an honest friend, or something?

124,000 for the video..... so that's why the government wants more from the royalties!

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

I think you could actually hear his balls shrinking as he talked.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    my bike

i can't wait to not re-elect him.

My Ride
    WRX STI

I believe his Decision is today at 3pm.
    Last edited by teggypimp95; 10-25-2007 at 09:29 AM.

My Ride
    Highlander

I hope the series of all of these events gets a vote of non confidence in him and his leadership skills so that the PC party can go back to the polls and elect the right leader. I can't believe Jim Dinning lost the last one by 0.4% over this idiot

My Ride
    00 JeeChe

Lol, he hasn't even done anything yet.

My Ride
    WRX STI

Originally posted by Mangina
    Lol, he hasn't even done anything yet.
    Well he wasted 100gs on that gay, pointless message last night....thats something.

My Ride
    Highlander

^^ Haha he's also caused Alberta investors to take 8 billion out of our province and invest it elsewhere. I'd say that's something too.

He pissed of Calgarians by not believing there was a traffic problem here until he actually came to the city
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Did Calgary have a riot in 2004?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Just boobs. That's how we party.

Originally posted by SilverGS
    He pissed of Calgarians by not believing there was a traffic problem here until he actually came to the city
    He's from buttfuck, AB what do you expect?

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Chafing?
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

Originally posted by TKRIS
    Chafing?

My Ride
    Vmax

Originally posted by Melinda
    ^^ Haha he's also caused Alberta investors to take 8 billion out of our province and invest it elsewhere. I'd say that's something too.
    ^^They are threatining to take investment out of Alberta. I think you are incorrect on that statement .
    The one problem with the oil companies statements is they fail to back up the threats by saying where exactly they are going to invest the money . If not in Alberta or Canada where exactly are they going to set up operations ?
    Don't you realize that Alberta is in the driverseat not the oil companies ? We are sitting on a huge supply of oil that all the world wants and we are giving it away.

calgary.ctv.ca, CP

Posted at Tuesday, October 23, 2007 10:54 AM

Alberta's Liberal leader says his party supports hiking oil and natural gas royalties by 20 per cent.

Kevin Taft says the increase, which was recommended by a government-commissioned panel and supported by Alberta's auditor general, would help diversify the province's economy.

Taft says it would also encourage environmental sustainability.

The energy industry has warned that raising royalties would drive billions of dollars of investment away from Alberta.

The Liberal leader says his party's position is non-negotiable.

Looks like the liberals are on the band wagon

My Ride
    Acura Integra

Originally posted by autosm

^^They are threatining to take investment out of Alberta. I think you are incorrect on that statement .
    The one problem with the oil companies statements is they fail to back up the threats by saying where exactly they are going to invest the money . If not in Alberta or Canada where exactly are they going to set up operations ?
    Don't you realize that Alberta is in the driverseat not the oil companies ? We are sitting on a huge supply of oil that all the world wants and we are giving it away.

Are you retarded? Alberta isn't the only place with oil.

My Ride
    WRX STI

Don't you realize that Alberta is in the driverseat not the oil comp
    anies ? We are sitting on a huge supply of oil that all the world wants and we are giving it away.

calgary.ctv.ca, CP

Posted at Tuesday, October 23, 2007 10:54 AM

Alberta's Liberal leader says his party supports hiking oil and natural gas royalties by 20 per cent.

Kevin Taft says the increase, which was recommended by a government-commissioned panel and supported by Alberta's auditor general, would help diversify the province's economy.

The energy industry has warned that raising royalties would drive billions of dollars of investment away from Alberta.

The Liberal leader says his party's position is non-negotiable.

Looks like the liberals are on the band wagon
    Encana one of the worlds biggest oil companys and has oil rigs all over the world. Tons in the US. My company also does tons of off shore drilling in africa, so trust me, find else where to drill would not be a problem.

Wait, what? How would the royalties help diversify the economy or help environmental sustainability?

I think the guy is just using buzzwords.

My Ride
    Highlander

Hmm you are pretty misinformed. Not only have many of the oil companies and their affiliates already announced the budget changes for next year totalling about $8 billion dollars already gone, and they have posed the added 'threat' that should this royalty thing go through, that number of $8 billion will climb. Could be as much as $16 billion from what I've read. Some stocks have also dropped because international markets and investors are weary of trusting Alberta with even just the threat of added taxes and costs. Most O&G companies and investors who have re-worked their budgets have moved their money to Saskatchewan, because their govt has already promised no increased royalties in the forseeable future and they think the Sask oil sands could have even more potential than Alberta's do. I believe the BC gov't has made the same promise as Sask.

There will always be drilling here until the well dries up, but there sure is oil and gas elsewhere than Alberta.

My Ride
    WRX STI

There are so many ignorant people in this province that think taking more royalties will just give alberta more money to spend. They are in for a HUGE wake up call. Most of my companys projects it equals to 59.5% increase in royalties. Some of our heavy oil patches will be seeing a 350% increase.
    Most rigs that my company would start to make profit on in the first year of drilling, will not not making any profit untill 8 years down the road. So it will effect things huge.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast