Quantcast
another sex abuse case by a teacher - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: another sex abuse case by a teacher

Default another sex abuse case by a teacher

I seen this last night on the city site but didn't see a thread.

http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybea...150619_29214_0

Another Calgary teacher has been charged with a sex assault.

My Ride
    Bicycle

23 doesn't go into 12.

So what evidence do they have going after him 7 years after the fact.

Lots of sex abuse cases are years if not decades after the assault has happened.

Children don't understand what is happening to them and don't figure it out until they are adults. Or repress the events that occur. As adults its embarrassing, as children they are normally threatened.

As a parent...it makes me crazy.

I went to that school when I was younger many years ago. What a terrible thing to happen in a child. It doesn't surprise me that something like this could occur though, there's no supervision a lot of the times.

I remember I got in a fight with this one kid and the teacher walked in on us. All he said was, be careful when you fight the kid might tell his parents on you lol. There were lots of times where the kids are just left alone in the classroom. And the building itself was a piece of shit and you could easily sneak off somewhere discrete.

to the CCPS

My Ride
    BMW X5

Wow, terrible. I couldn't even imagine being a parent, and worrying constantly about whats going to happen to your kids when they are out of your sight.

You'd think that sending your kids to school would be relatively safe (you know, excluding guns, bullying etc.) but to have to worry about the morals of teachers, or bus accidents on the way to school...

How do parents do it?!

I don't know how I do it most days...I guess that is why lots of parents drink!

Every morning no matter how bad my kids are acting I kiss them and tell them I love them like it will be the last time. I think of them throughout the day and email them hoping they have computer time.

My kids take martial arts in case they ever need to defend themselves, and I hope that they can use what they have been taught if needed.

There were no ballet lessons for my little princess...

It's a sad world when we have to ask the teachers to not touch our children. My daughter takes band and she needed extra help with a new instrument. The teacher offered after school help, I called to turn him down. She would be alone with him after school in a part of the school where nobody goes. Instead I had to go into the school with her myself and watch the lesson.

too often it's the teacher everyone likes.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Well, I think we should just accept it like random crime.

I think this has happened since the 1st school is in place. It's only recently that people are more comfortable to report it. Google teacher sex under news, it's happening everywhere, everyday now.

You may try your best and even send your kids to private school but the risk will never be 0. So just educate your kids to defend themselves and look for signs.

And you know that the alternative of home schooling is even worse.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 10-26-2007 at 11:37 AM.

My Ride
    BMW X5

^ Wow, good for you - I think too many people put blind trust in authority figures, and even though 90% of the time its probably ok, that's a risk no one should be willing to take.

Too many ppl expect teachers/coachs/etc to help "parent" their kids when their at work etc., I think most parents need to be way more involved in what's going on. (<----and no one take this the wrong way, I am absolutely not blaming the parents of children who are getting taken advantage of, just suggesting more ppl need to get involved)

My 3 sisters went to Private Catholic Boarding school ran by nums...they were in more trouble than most kids I know.

My best friend was part of the Father Charles Sylvestre case in Ontario. He is charged with 47 counts. They never added more charges even though dozen more women came forward. Her lawyer costs far exceed any money she was to get. He died after serving very little time in jail. There have been many radio and TV shows about this case...he was a monster.

my friend had her childhood taken from her. He went on his merry way being sent to church after church. Even sent to an all girls school when the church knew of the allegations.

There is a priest in Calgary right now 2007 that was shipped here from Windsor ON after allegations at his church. Church just sends them off hoping it will go away.

Sad part is, it's just not the men now either.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by eina15
    [BI think too many people put blind trust in authority figures, and even though 90% of the time its probably ok, that's a risk no one should be willing to take. [/B]
    It's not blind trust, it's trust in a professional. Teachers are authority figures in society that have that trust placed upon them the moment they become teachers. That trust is a part of the job, much the same way we trust our airline pilots to not crash the planes we're flying or the way we trust our banks to protect our money. The problem here isn't the trust, it's the training or screening process for teachers.

Think about it, pilots are intensely screened and trained before being allowed to fly, banks uphold their reputation with experience and clout...why shouldn't there be some sort of screening process that makes sure we don't put perverts and criminals in the classroom? Talk to an older teacher and they'll tell you back in the 60s and 70s when corporal punishment was allowed in schools, that teaching attracted a lot of sickos who loved using the paddle a little too much.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

While everything I know and believe says that is so very wrong, I still have to think that when I was 15/16 if a hot chick teacher wanted to go nuts (literally) on me I would have been throwing high-fives around all over the place.

"Hey guys, guess what I did to the english teacher? Let's just say I got an A ++ would read again if you know what I mean."
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    BMW X5

^GTS Jeff - thanks for clarifying my point.

I meant that people place trust in them because they are professionals, and that trust certainly is a part of their job.

Because the "screening process", if there is one, is sometimes letting these people in, extra care and attention needs to be paid by parents - until changes are made.

I can't recall the guy's name off the top of my head (or I've blocked it out!) but wasn't that guy who confessed to the JonBenet thing a substitute teacher??

^JRSC00LUDE - so wrong

I think for a long time there has been a double standard - if a good looking female teacher is flirting with/acting inappropriately to a teenage male, he thinks he's pretty cool.....more and more tho, as Kritafo pointed out, its not just the men that you need to be worried about.

The problem with the screening process is that it only gets rid of repeat offenders. They obviously do need to change the process, but you'll still have to be wary because until mind reading is available, you can't effectively screen perverts until they commit a crime, leaving a lot of potential first timers out there

I can't recall the guy's name off the top of my head (or I've blocked it out!) but wasn't that guy who confessed to the JonBenet thing a substitute teacher??

That guy flat out lied..he was an attention whore...and had nothing to do with the case. No DNA match even his family said he was no where near JonBenet when it happened.
    John Mark Karr was his name.

They do screen new teachers, but most of them are just waiting to start.

I brought this up with our martial arts instructor. Every teachers, mentor authority figure should be screened. If they are around children they are a potential threat...Sexually and physically. I want to know if the teacher has an abusive history.

But for a sexual predator, they have to be charged with something before it is on a record. Otherwise they can have it written off their record.

My Ride
    CS-GA20DE-TT // B5 A4 TT

at the cost of sounding insensitive. Kritafo, you remind me of the dooms day sayers, and specifically to quote sputnik:

THE SKY IS FALLING!
    THE SKY IS FALLING!

Jesus. I wasnt touched when I was young, nor do I know ANYONE who was. Not to say you deserve it, but dont put yourself in positions of vunerability.
    My mother always told me if if I ever got in a situation where I was in any kind of danger, that it could almost always be attributed to something stupid that I did. For which no sympathy would be offered.

And it is true... dont want to get touched by the teacher? scream, run, walk around with multiple people DONT BE ALONE WITH THE WIERDO.
    My friends and I in elementary would routinely walk around late at night in our neighbourhood, where there USED to live a known sex offender.

Nothing happend.

I was hit by a car when I was 11ish crossing the road late at night, the only thing my father and mother said when they came to the hospital was... your stupid. More parents should place more importance on kids protecting themselfs. Over protectionism breeds titty sucking pussies who dont know how to live in dangerous conditions.

Since then, I have never put myself in positions of vunerability, I quench my stupidity myself... becuase I shouldn't have to rely on someone else to do it for me.

What are you going to do if your kids start smoking? if your daughter decides she wants to be sexually ctive at a young age/ how can you stop it?

Well I know I had more respect for my parents wishes, when they gave me room to find out right from wrong myself.
    Last edited by doublepostwhore; 10-26-2007 at 05:45 PM.

Well in my world, when someone with authority injuries my child emotionally or physically the sky is falling.

I parent the best way I know how.

I am glad you don't know anyone that was abused. I do. It was life altering. My friend was 7 and it happened when the priest would call her to the office during school time to help fold church bulletins. She did scream. The nuns were locked out of the room. My friend was threatened with her life. 7 year olds are very innocent and will believe pretty much anything you tell them. There was no where to run in the school office with no windows and locked door. The nuns all knew what was going on...and they admitted it. They did nothing to help a 7 year old get raped. It's not like the 7 year old was going home to her parents and saying the priest had sex with me...it was the 70's..they didn't even talk about sex in school when we were 7. He just told her that is what God wanted.

I was raised by very over protective parents, we don't all turn out that way.

My children aren't old enough to be put in situations for big personal choices. Right now, it's do I get a slurpee or ice cream at the store.

Regardless we all parent differently because of childhood experiences.

yes another sex abuse case here in Calgary.
    update on name

http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybea...4_161423_564_0

http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybea...153002_29884_0

The Calgary Police Service has conducted an investigation
    into allegations of sexual abuse by a teacher at the
    Foundations for the Future Charter Academy.

These offences are alleged to have occurred against a female
    student now 16 years of age, in 2007.

As the result of this investigation, police have charged
    Robert Miron, 38, with sexual contact with a youth by a
    person in authority, sexual counseling with a youth by a
    person in authority and sexual assault.

District 6 General Investigations Unit investigators
    encourage anyone with any further information, to contact
    police at 266-1234.
    Last edited by Kritafo; 11-15-2007 at 11:48 AM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Mod should rename this thread to Pedo Alert.

My Ride
    Eclipse Spyder

lol my brother goes to that school, hes the one who ratted him out last year but they didnt do anything about it till now,

He now has some interview with the paper to tell them everything he knows