Quantcast
recommendations for snowboard - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: recommendations for snowboard

I love my Lib-Tech (Jamie Lynn pro model) and have always heard good things about them, board-wise...

Check em out!

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Trust us!!! You'' thank us in the end about the boots. Longer boards are actually harder to turn but all mountain normally means a lot of snow and when you have a longer board you can back up your stand(bindings close to the end of the board). This will lift your nose up so you can glide on pow and also give you a better control when you turn. With a shorter board you can also do this but if the snow is really deep the nose normally would just dig deep into snow thus slowing or stopping you. Good boarders can get away with it but you need to be good!!!

Regarding your board size...not necessarily it would break, shorter boards are easier to control or turn. Picture this, when you do linking turns on a steep slope, if you have a longer board the radius for a longer board is bigger when you turn thus you have to give more effort while shorter boards will have a smaller radius thus lesser effort.

That board is an ok all around board.

My Ride
    RX300

hmm since I'm mountain riding I guess I'll be getting the longer/stiffer board.

Based on your suggestions I'll head to Source to pick a good set of boa boots with cat strap bindings.

what's an inexpensive but decent board to get? i was just thinking of going to sportcheck to pick up whatever board there.

ie: http://www.sportchek.ca/sportchek/do...&styleId=30159

or should i reconsider that?

sorry for all the stupid noob questions.
    Last edited by Splooge; 10-31-2007 at 01:47 PM.

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Originally posted by Splooge
    hmm since I'm mountain riding I guess I'll be getting the longer/stiffer board.

Based on your suggestions I'll head to Source to pick a good set of boa boots with cat strap bindings.

what's an inexpensive but decent board to get? i was just thinking of going to sportcheck to pick up whatever board there.

ie: http://www.sportchek.ca/sportchek/do...;styleId=30159

or should i reconsider that?

sorry for all the stupid noob questions.
    The link you gave for the board, if you click the feature link, that's what it means to have a longer board for mountain riding. That board should be fine for you...by the way that one is a wide board so if you have size 11 boots and up, that would fit you.

This will fit you for now in terms of the board, after a season or two and you feel you got better then you can go an expensive board. I don't know why but there is that craving to get a better board.

I did, that's why I got a new board this year. GNU CHB MTX. I want snow now!!!!!!!!!

I just got my first board etc. Ride Cue 06 board with K2 indy 07 bindings and some 07 K2 raider boa boots. Just got a sunshine/marmot card today too. Can't wait to hit those bunny hills!

My Ride
    04 EP3'

burton tadashi fuse
    w/ cartels and ions FTW!

My Ride
    party car

I got a K2 Board too, just a first board for now.. til I get absolutely sick of the ghetto-ness, see y'all on the bunny hills...

beyond-snowboard-newbs meet? I think so
    I like things with wheels.

I don't know why people are so concerned about the price of their snowboards or the name on the board. Until you can actually carve properly(A lot of people think they can snowboard but they still can't carve properly ) it's a non issues what you ride as long as it has semi sharp edges and is made of wood. It's always funny seeing folks with >1k worth of gear between the board/boots/bindings falling down the bunny hill Sad to see but it is an all too common sight on the hills. Then again the snowboard shops are partially to blame as well they just see dollar bills when they talk to you in the stores. As an FYI more expensive snowboards tend to be harder to learn on than the "ghetto" boards.

My Ride
    STi

^^^
    I'm not totally new. Also, I'm not exactly looking for the "best "brand etc. I just want a snowboard that I will not outgrow within a year, and boots that will not hurt my feet and have my toes frozen (as were my experiences with cheap ass rentals). I'm not planning on spending 1000 dollars on gear. as of right now, if i decide to keep the boots I'm buying, it'll amount to around $500. As for the board, I do not see why you have an issue with me buying a better board. The deals for the board online were a lot better then buying in Calgary so for 300 dollars i have a good begginer/intermediate board (that sells for 570 CDN on the actual manufacturer website). If I spent 300 CDN on a board in Calgary, I'd probably get crap anyways. Might as well spend the same amount and get a better board. I'm not buying this board just because of the name. I looked at some snowboarding forums and a lot of experienced snowboarders seemed to recommend this board for begginer/intermediate snowboarders. I don't think this is excessive but that might just be me...

Originally posted by DENZILDON
    They might still have a size for you for the $200 Burton Motto.
    oh yea and thanks Denzildon. I tried the mottos, but i don't know if like that tie system they have. I think I prefer just normal laces over that one.
    Last edited by jsn; 11-06-2007 at 10:01 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

out grow? are you growing? because if you are growing and dont want to out grow it maybe get something a little bigger this year so next it will be a good size

sorry...

but yeah i dont know how you can out grow a board, really if you keep it tuned up and have a good wax on it for the conditions and get something with the flex that you like then all the rest is just hype in my opinion, i have road a lot of different boards, everything from the top of the line to the worst and cheapest that sport check has to offer, and right now my deck was $60 2 years ago from sport check and it has lasted me till now and its not as quick on the flats as some past decks but hell it works

so get something that is the right size and has the flex that you like and has a nice pretty picture that you like and have fun

oh and btw i have been riding forover 12 years so yeah i know a thing or two, some people will disagree but fuck em, every board will still break on that hidden rock your first time out to louise im november... yeah stay on the paths this time of year haha

I had a LibTech Jamie Lynn for my first board. Tough as hell to learn on, but a great board after you've gotten your balance. Chicks dig that board.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2000 Neon

Default Re: i ride hard and lots...this is my opinion

Originally posted by picmerollin
    the last piece of advice i have is WEAR A HELMET, your not too cool. then get good ......then drop in to the Fuez bowl @ kicking horse and scare the living crap out of yourself (get comfy with blacks and double black diamonds before trying the fuez bowl)

wow i cant wait to ride this year
    You don't need a helmet to drop into the Fuez bowl, there is plenty of room between the rocks for you to move. I don't wear one but I would if I could somehow get one for free :P

OP: Don't cheap out on your snowboard equip, good stuff will last you many many seasons.

My Ride
    2000 Neon

Quick question:

I have been boarding for like 5 years (alot more just on crappy hills in sask, but I wont count those) so I am pretty decent. I can carve really good and go down just about anything(I always hit the double blacks). It is about time for me to upgrade my setup.

What are you guys' opinions on the Option Fortune board? I need a wider board because my feet are size 13. This board seems like a good fit for me because it is so versatile:

"In one run you can encounter snow covered bowls and choppy snow, jump a cliff or two, ride a hit run, duck into the trees for some day old powder and hit a few booters in the park before riding back on the groomers to do it all over again"

http://www.option-nfa.com/anatomy/fortune.html

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

i reccomend you buying my Lib-Tech Emmagator.....barley used 130.00 firm with ride bindings.

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

^^^ Nice answer man!!!

My Ride
    RX300

So...though I haven't actually checked out Source yet. These could be a possible combination. Any of you guys ride these?

Boots: Burton Moto Black $199 (They look like quick lace??)
    http://www.sourceboards.com/online_s...oducts_id=3592

Bindings: Burton Cartel $209
    http://www.sourceboards.com/online_s...oducts_id=2029

Board: Burton Air $299
    http://www.sourceboards.com/online_s...oducts_id=4399

Approx. $750 including GST. this is an expensive sport
    Last edited by Splooge; 11-07-2007 at 05:16 PM.

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Yes, the moto has the quick lace system.

IMHO you should look at stuff other than burton and check out missions... Just my experience but usually the source is a significant amount more expensive. Burton means you pay a lot for the name it's like buying a kona bike you get shafted because all the little kids watch their videos. Ride, K2, Lib, Never Summer are usually worth strongly considering since you tend to get more bang for your buck. In the end it's your money though...

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

buy shit online, i have been surfing the-house.com for a little while tonight and i have found a jeenus wood deck and thirtywo lashed boots for $510us SHIPPED and with that i get 2 pairs of smith sun glasses, im really close to pressing checkout but in gonna go try on a pair of boots at a local shop first to make sure i get the right size

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

so i did it, just finished my order and it should be here in time for next weekend

got all this for 510us shipped

159 Jeenyus Wood

* Directional Twin Freestyle
    * Sidewall Construction
    * Progressive Sidecut
    * Twin Flex Pattern
    * Sintered 4400SC (structured finish) Base
    * Aspen/Poplar/Birch Wood Core
    * Quadrax fiberglass
    * 4x2 Insert Patterns

ThirtyTwo lashed in red and white

and this stuff