Quantcast
Universal Studios or Six Flags? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Universal Studios or Six Flags?

My Ride
    2000 Honda Prelude

Default Universal Studios or Six Flags?

im gonna be in the los angeles area from the 31st to the 3rd. i was wondering if i should go to Universal Studios or Six Flags? or are they both worth going to? universal is a bit pricy but if its worth it ill go!

has anyone been to san diego? what is their to do? is it worth the drive down to the san diego zoo or anything else?

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

depends on who you are going with and what you wanna do.

if you love extreme rides Six Flags owns. The coaters there are incredible.
    If you like movie themed stuff, universal is cool.

Personally, I would choose 6 flags. Universals lines were brutal, and it was pricy for what we got.

San Diego zoo is also cool, but hey, just gooa ask yourself if you wanna blow some coin to see some animals.

There is also Sea World in San Diego. That was alright.

If you want all out fun and will leave going "Holy shit that was cool, you WILL have the most fun at Six Flags Magic Mountain. If you like animals, the zoo is neat and the Universl is good for a movie set enlightenment.
    Travel

My Ride
    2000 Honda Prelude

its just me and my wife going. and yeah, i was thinking the same thing about universal, too pricy and its gonna be crowded. im up for the zoo in san diego.

intead of universal how about a six flags magic mountain day and then a hurricane harbour day? is the water park that great? ordering tickets online saves alot of money so im gonna do it this way

oh yeah i got my jay leno tickets friday!!

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by Dragon X
    its just me and my wife going. and yeah, i was thinking the same thing about universal, too pricy and its gonna be crowded. im up for the zoo in san diego.

intead of universal how about a six flags magic mountain day and then a hurricane harbour day? is the water park that great? ordering tickets online saves alot of money so im gonna do it this way

oh yeah i got my jay leno tickets friday!!

You will have:

a) A lot of fun at Magic Mountain
    b) A Kick ass day at the Water Park (its world class)
    c) The Zoo is incredible
    d) Enjoy your trip you lucky bastard!

hahaha
    Travel

My Ride
    MTA

Leno!!! Dam, got tickets for Conan, but not til November sometime. The Zoo in San Diego is awesome.

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

Where the hell do you get tickets for Jay Leno?? Might have to make another trip to SoCal pretty soon.

My Ride
    2010 Mazda 3

I actually didn't think the zoo was that great. Sea World is definitely worth going to, you can't miss that.

There's also the Wild Animal Park which is part of the San Diego zoo but located somewhere else. I thought that place was pretty cool.

But, whatever you choose, have a good time on your trip.

Last time I went down to California, I went to both Six Flags and Universal Studios. I enjoy Six Flags cuz of the rides especially the Viper!

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

SIX FLAGS!!! and make sure u bring a coke can, u buy 1 ticket, and with a coke can u get a second ticket for free!

its cheaper, only 23 bucks or so now plus a free ticket, and there more stuff to do. dont buy tickets online... its more expensive (done it before...)

hurrican harbor sucks ass, u have to go to raging waters

san diego is only good if u have a nissan to mod! otherwise if u want to see animals use the internet! and if u want to play with legos at lego land, then stay in canada! and sea world is only for looking not much to do...AND ITS ALL EXPENSIVE

go to disney's california adventure if u enjoy blowing 40 bucks for nothing, and disneyland is still bleeeh

all there is to do here in california is 6 Flags, Raging Waters, Santa Monica Pier, The Block, and some...uhh sight seeing? oh yea a load of shopping... nothing else... ugh cali sometimes is boring... maybe cuz i live here
    Last edited by Zephyr; 07-14-2003 at 12:21 AM.

My Ride
    2010 Mazda 3

Originally posted by Zephyr
    and sea world is only for looking not much to do...AND ITS ALL EXPENSIVE
    it's not only for looking, you get to pet dolphins, they have a ride and a few shows.

and yeah, no matter which park you go to, BE PREPARED TO SPEND

My Ride
    2000 Honda Prelude

SIX FLAGS!!! and make sure u bring a coke can, u buy 1 ticket, and with a coke can u get a second ticket for free!

its cheaper, only 23 bucks or so now plus a free ticket, and there more stuff to do. dont buy tickets online... its more expensive (done it before...)

hurrican harbor sucks ass, u have to go to raging waters

san diego is only good if u have a nissan to mod! otherwise if u want to see animals use the internet! and if u want to play with legos at lego land, then stay in canada! and sea world is only for looking not much to do...AND ITS ALL EXPENSIVE

go to disney's california adventure if u enjoy blowing 40 bucks for nothing, and disneyland is still bleeeh

all there is to do here in california is 6 Flags, Raging Waters, Santa Monica Pier, The Block, and some...uhh sight seeing? oh yea a load of shopping... nothing else... ugh cali sometimes is boring... maybe cuz i live here

is the coke deal on till at least after the 31st? the website says the regular admission price is 44.99 and online special of 25.99 but if the coke deal is good for when im actually in LA then it works out to be a better deal.

where can i find more info about raging waters?

My Ride
    2000 Honda Prelude

Originally posted by CRXguy
    Where the hell do you get tickets for Jay Leno?? Might have to make another trip to SoCal pretty soon.
    http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Tonight_S.../tickets.shtml

My Ride
    2000 Honda Prelude

whats the speed limit on I-15?

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

whats the speed limit on I-15?
    Travel

My Ride
    B7A4

I think you would love cali if you lived in calgary. the most i ever do on my days off are play pool, shop, and go for a drink. And once a year, we get to go to the stampede to watch alot of underage hardcores gamble and fight. There's not much sight-seeing here either.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

is the coke deal on till at least after the 31st? the website says the regular admission price is 44.99 and online special of 25.99 but if the coke deal is good for when im actually in LA then it works out to be a better deal.

where can i find more info about raging waters?
    i went like a while ago its like 24 bucks... well maybe they jacked up the price for summer... i know the coke can deal lasts the summer (commercial said so)

raging waters

http://www.ragingwaters.com/

its located basically where i live, its the biggest water park in cali...and with the weather here its a good place to go.

prepare to spend! cuz our sales tax is raising to half a cent! come and spend.....we need ur money