Quantcast
No more Dog the Bounty Hunter - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: No more Dog the Bounty Hunter

My Ride
    I like. :)

He's not private any more, he's a public figure, a celebrity. His personality sells his show on the network, companies pay to advertise during his show. TV media and sponsors don't want to support someone who insults or offends their viewers. Especially sad when it comes from someone who says he's about justice and doing the right thing.

Originally posted by rage2

Bitch, where the fuck did I say ALL? Fuck, you even quoted me, I didn't say all. What the fuck did you want me to say? Is it not true that pretty much all use of the word comes from black folks? You want me to say "some people" and leave the stereotypical thoughts to the reader? This is what I mean by stupid fucking Political Correctness. You guys are all idiots (yes, here I'm saying you guys are ALL fucking idiots). It's called fucking truth. I don't see white rappers running around left and right blasting "nigga" one line after another. It's not stereotyping. It's not profiling or whatever the fuck you call it. It's simply called truth.
    "Bitch" eh? Cool.

Wow, well you did it again. "... comes from black folks..." I don't think it comes from black folks, it comes from some black punk asses. While white rappers don't use the word some white punk asses & some yellow punk asses & some brown punk asses say it quite a bit. And like I said why, then, imitate the behaviours & language of idiots? It's okay for them to do therefore it's okay for me to do it... that's mature.

You didn't need to use the word "all." It's like if someone said "...look at how yellow people shit on the sidewalk..." or "... look at how white people are always inbreeding..." The first statement lumps all yellows into one and the second lumps all whites people into one. You said "... black people glorify the word..." Black people don't glorify the word, some black rapper/gangsta punks do.

The truth? Some white, yellow and brown people glorifying the rappers who spew those dumb words, as much as any black person.

This is not a lesson in grammar or english, but a simple word like "some" can send a totally different message. I just think it's important NOT to generalize a negative behaviour as being common amongst the members of a group of people when really it is just a relative few of them.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by treg50
    "Bitch" eh? Cool.
    Yes I called you a bitch.

Wow, well you did it again. "... comes from black folks..." I don't think it comes from black folks, it comes from some black punk asses. While white rappers don't use the word some white punk asses & some yellow punk asses & some brown punk asses say it quite a bit. And like I said why, then, imitate the behaviours & language of idiots? It's okay for them to do therefore it's okay for me to do it... that's mature.
    I honestly think you're just racist, with racist thoughts coming to you with everything anyone says. When I said it came from black folks, I clearly explained which group of black folks, the ones glorifying the thug life, rappers, etc. But you had to automatically assume when I said black folks, it means all black folks, and you try to hide your racism by redirecting it against my comments, which it seems like everyone understood except for you. You even ignored everything I said after that pointed specifically to the group of black folks that glorified the use of the n-word.

You didn't need to use the word "all." It's like if someone said "...look at how yellow people shit on the sidewalk..." or "... look at how white people are always inbreeding..." The first statement lumps all yellows into one and the second lumps all whites people into one. You said "... black people glorify the word..." Black people don't glorify the word, some black rapper/gangsta punks do.
    No shit sherlock. I explained that clearly in both my posts. But once again, your racist intuition brought you to believe all black people the moment you read "black folks".

The truth? Some white, yellow and brown people glorifying the rappers who spew those dumb words, as much as any black person.
    Ya, you know how rare that is?

This is not a lesson in grammar or english, but a simple word like "some" can send a totally different message. I just think it's important NOT to generalize a negative behaviour as being common amongst the members of a group of people when really it is just a relative few of them.
    That's because you're a little PC bitch. Other folks here get it just fine.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by kaput
    The word has lost its racist meaning, largely as a result of the black community's acceptance and over use of the word in general conversation.

http://allhiphop.com/blogs/news/arch.../18746861.aspx
    Bullshit. The word may not mean the same to white people who want to justify their use of it for whatever god foresaken reason, or some of the black community for their own personal reasons, but lots of black people are still very offended if a white person says the word.

I'm not a big fan of the PC police, and if Dog had been fired from a real job over this, I'd be pissed, but lets not kid ourselves on this, there are still all sorts of implications with the word, and I am very confused why white people can't just not use it. I don't. It's very easy. It in no way hinders my vocabulary.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-30-2020 at 03:09 AM.

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    What really grinds my gears is that dog's son sold him out in such a low way. He must really hate his old man.
    That's just how it goes when you have a dozen kids scattered across the continent.

I've never herd of this son before, maybe that's why? He felt left out. Probably means he's left out of the money too.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Fuck I say the word all time.. Nigger.. oh noes!! Whatever, people are way to sensitive, I get called a Greasy whop all the time, even though I'm greek
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Originally posted by Darkane
    Fuck I say the word all time.. Nigger.. oh noes!! Whatever, people are way to sensitive, I get called a Greasy whop all the time, even though I'm greek
    Whether it should be a big deal for some people or not is not the point. The point is that it is a big deal for some people

Last edited by kaput; 03-27-2019 at 12:51 AM.

My Ride
    Honda

Well I hope everyone heard the tape before they made their comments.

My opinion changed entirely after hearing the conversation and context. It wasn't like 'Dog' was saying "Let's go hang out niggas!". As I understand it, he was calling his son's girlfriend a nigger, and telling him to break up with her. That's why his son released the tape on him .... Because he was standing up for a set of morals & ethics higher than his pig of a father could ever understand. You guys are arguing the validity of his skin color as a variable, without even judging the context his comments were said under. Honestly, he didn't even have to say "nigger" to get fucked by what he meant.

Throw this white trash, son-of-a-bitch in jail ... So he can get his ass filled by everyone he's ever put away

Originally posted by ninjak84
    Well I hope everyone heard the tape before they made their comments.

My opinion changed entirely after hearing the conversation and context. It wasn't like 'Dog' was saying "Let's go hang out niggas!". As I understand it, he was calling his son's girlfriend a nigger, and telling him to break up with her. That's why his son released the tape on him .... Because he was standing up for a set of morals & ethics higher than his pig of a father could ever understand. You guys are arguing the validity of his skin color as a variable, without even judging the context his comments were said under. Honestly, he didn't even have to say "nigger" to get fucked by what he meant.

Throw this white trash, son-of-a-bitch in jail ... So he can get his ass filled by everyone he's ever put away
    I'm not sticking up for Dog in any way, but you should do some research on Dog's "other son" (not the one on tv). His intentions were NOT to stick up for what is right, but to make a fast buck and put the nail is his old mans coffin (Dog put him in jail).

who cares it's a word and nothing more than a word

theres tons of hatful words
    i dont get why nigger gets sooo much attention

if some 50 year old guy doesnt like black people why should you care i know i sertnly don't

there's alot bigger shit to worry about than racist terms being thrown around

and for the record buddy's kids a piece of shit

selling out family for a quick buck

don't realy care about the show as it sucked
    2001 celica pro mod project, in progress
    87 fox hatch,[email protected] skating, stock 5.0 shortblock,91 co-op pump gas, 11 lbs boost

Originally posted by stevo 27
    theres tons of hatful words
    i dont get why nigger gets sooo much attention
    centuries of slavery will do that to people

I don't care if people don't want to care, whatever, that's your perogative, but the dumbfuckery of saying "it's not a big deal anymore" is just astounding to me. For fucks sakes, this shit is still going on right now. Look in the papers, in the last month or 2 people have been going around and hanging nooses. Some woman just got gang raped while they called her a dumb nigger, it wasn't but a few years ago some racists dragged that black guy behind their truck until his head came off.

And it's already been said, but if you're taking your social cues from 50 fucking Cent, you really need to go kill yourself.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

You know what, people create as much animosity towards themselves as other groups do. You quote some people beating a black guy to death, but what about the instances where black people have harmed other ethnic groups? How come you're not quoting those?

This whole concept is fucking stupid. Here's a thought: everyone, including those within the black population that wish to abuse and glamorize the word, put the term "nigger" out of service. Simply stop saying it. At this point it's a fucking joke (regardless of its history).

Anyways, to cut it short: cut the bullshit (on all sides) and stop dealing with it. Plain and simple. I don't see why it needs to be complicated.

My Ride
    1994 mazda mx3

Originally posted by ercchry

haha i am afraid of her

im afraid she might eat me
    YOUR ONLY IN CONTROL WHEN YOUR NOT IN CONTROL

Originally posted by A790
    You know what, people create as much animosity towards themselves as other groups do. You quote some people beating a black guy to death, but what about the instances where black people have harmed other ethnic groups? How come you're not quoting those?

This whole concept is fucking stupid. Here's a thought: everyone, including those within the black population that wish to abuse and glamorize the word, put the term "nigger" out of service. Simply stop saying it. At this point it's a fucking joke (regardless of its history).

Anyways, to cut it short: cut the bullshit (on all sides) and stop dealing with it. Plain and simple. I don't see why it needs to be complicated.
    exactly what i tried to say

and for antinio wtf social cues ,50 cent i don't even know how to answer that

there's racism towards all group of people and that's a fact that won't change "racism" tward the black communty just get's way more attention

simple as that

i beat down a black guy / if he wanted it could be easily made a hate crime

i get the piss beat outta me by even a group of blacks

tell me what's the odds of that being determined a hate crime

anywho
    what A790 is completely right it's a joke now it's lost all meaning
    it's fine and dandy for anyone to say it all the time but the secound someone feels it could get them something
    "omg im so offened" give me a fucking break

my black friends even think it's a fuckin joke

and there not your rapper wana be g thugs
    2001 celica pro mod project, in progress
    87 fox hatch,[email protected] skating, stock 5.0 shortblock,91 co-op pump gas, 11 lbs boost

My Ride

I don't want to jump on the "anti-political correctness campaign", but it really is a joke.

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Originally posted by Antonito

Whether it should be a big deal for some people or not is not the point. The point is that it is a big deal for some people
    Contradiction or Sig material?

edit: after reading it a few more times I understand the twist between sentences. Half baked with a cold can do this to you!
    Last edited by Kona9; 11-03-2007 at 02:40 PM.

OK, you guys still aren't understanding. You don't think the word is that big of a deal. Fine. Your friends don't. Fine. I'm not trying to persuade you into becoming morally outraged by this incident. And to a certain point, yes, I do agree that some of the people are simply pretending to be outraged for their own personaly gain.

However, what I am taking issue with is the fact that you think that the word is not or should no longer be offensive to anyone, and that is just plain ignorant. You have black friends that are ok with it? Good for them. Unless you are friends with every single black person in North America, your statement means less than nothing.

I used the examples I did to show that there are people that are still actually being affected by racism. Right now. Not 100 years ago. For many people, this is not some abstract concept that they take up as a cause for something to do.

You're right, I didn't include any examples of white people getting beaten up. That's because I'm not trying to make the case that those white people that have been beaten up have the right to be pissed off about it. Sorry, I forgot that in any type of discussion I must go on and include every single facet of human society since the dawn of time.

So yes, there are people who are very angry. Not because they are PC police, but because there is still an actual problem. And you are going to say they don't have the right to feel that way?

And I mention 50 Cent, because your guys' only argument is that the word doesn't have meaning because rappers and thugs and their various wanna-be followers use it all the time. Do you see anyone else using the word like that? Do you think Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell would meet up at lunch and go "wazzup my nigga?". So who am I supposed to think you are taking your social cues from? Black Jesus?
    Last edited by Antonito; 11-03-2007 at 03:03 PM.

My Ride
    Horse

i find it insane tht in this day and age that people still get upptiy about the N word as much as they do.. it is in main stream media EVERYDAY... how come no one is out protesting Kanye for saying she dont mess with no broke one?

ohh since he is black he can say it all he wants?

someone has to pick it is either wrong to say since it is related to a derogartory sense or it is OK to say since it is referring to some friends?

it is only wrong when a person that is not african, of african decent says it anyway. Same as almost any derogatory comment towards any race/group of people... if you are in that group it is ok to say but otherwise it is wrong...

buncha stupid crackers.

go with christ
    Originally posted by rage2
    Ya, I built some crazy ass shit with Lego as a kid. I had a thing for AMC Eagle AWD's as a kid for some bizarre reason, so I spent a lot of time going to the library and reading up on how AWD works in that car. I even hitchhiked to the library once cuz my parents were too lazy to drive me haha. Ya, I'm a nerd.

My Ride

Originally posted by Antonito
    OK, you guys still aren't understanding. You don't think the word is that big of a deal. Fine. Your friends don't. Fine. I'm not trying to persuade you into becoming morally outraged by this incident. And to a certain point, yes, I do agree that some of the people are simply pretending to be outraged for their own personaly gain.

However, what I am taking issue with is the fact that you think that the word is not or should no longer be offensive to anyone, and that is just plain ignorant. You have black friends that are ok with it? Good for them. Unless you are friends with every single black person in North America, your statement means less than nothing.

I used the examples I did to show that there are people that are still actually being affected by racism. Right now. Not 100 years ago. For many people, this is not some abstract concept that they take up as a cause for something to do.

You're right, I didn't include any examples of white people getting beaten up. That's because I'm not trying to make the case that those white people that have been beaten up have the right to be pissed off about it. Sorry, I forgot that in any type of discussion I must go on and include every single facet of human society since the dawn of time.

So yes, there are people who are very angry. Not because they are PC police, but because there is still an actual problem. And you are going to say they don't have the right to feel that way?

And I mention 50 Cent, because your guys' only argument is that the word doesn't have meaning because rappers and thugs and their various wanna-be followers use it all the time. Do you see anyone else using the word like that? Do you think Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell would meet up at lunch and go "wazzup my nigga?". So who am I supposed to think you are taking your social cues from? Black Jesus?
    But by your own logic you're defending the very people that abuse that word! The point that I am trying to make is that if its okay for a black person to say it than it's okay for ANYONE to say it simply because nobody, regardless of heritage, should be using that term.

As soon as the black community says "hey, we can use the word because WE were oppressed" they are introducing a double standard that will be exploited by just about anyone who could profit/benefit from it. Simply put, stop rappers/thugs/whoever else from using the term and the popularity will eventually die.

Racism is a two way street, and by no means am I declaring that black people aren't racist or that white people aren't racist, because many forms of racism still exist. What I'm saying is that there's absolutely no sense perpetuating the stereotypes, and that's exactly what the popularization of the "thug culture" (and hence the heavy use of the term) is doing.

In other words, if I don't want you saying the term I need to start by refusing to use it myself.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast