Quantcast
crazy baby names, thoughts? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: crazy baby names, thoughts?

Default crazy baby names, thoughts?

I don't know if anything like this has been posted before or not, I did a quick search.

Was thinking about this lately due to crazy celebrity baby names etc. I just got a call from our accountant's office and his assistant's name is Holiday. I don't know what her parents were thinking really, it seems so unprofessional to have a name like Holiday once you're older than 5, do parents think their kids will never become adults or something? Also, what's with the crazy spellings people are using today? Your child isn't going to be unique enough as is, so you have to name her Kandyce so she will forever be spelling her name out to EVERYONE she ever meets?

I'm all for live and let live mostly, but for some reason I can't understand what people are thinking when it comes to baby names. Would any of you ever name your kid Holiday?!

discuss.
    Success is the ultimate revenge.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

I wanted my daughter's middle name to be "Lone Wolf". You don't need a middle name anyway, so you may as well have fun with it.
    That way, *if* she wanted, she could either go by Sophia, or LONE WOLF!!!!!. Personally, I'd go with Lone Wolf. Unfortunatly, my wife doesn't seem to share my practical sensibilities, seeks to deny our child options when it comes to name choices, and apparently has no sense of humor.

More to the point: My general rule of thumb is that if the word is a verb, noun, adjective, adverb, etc, then it's not a name. Now, there are, of course, some exceptions such as Bob, Bill, etc, but generally speaking, a name can't be used in a sentence as anything other than a name.
    "Holiday" isn't a name, it's a noun.
    "Summer" isn't a name, it's a season.
    "Peaches" isn't a name, it's a stripper.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    00 JeeChe

Dieselblade > this thread.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Seven.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

I dunno, some unconventional names can be pretty cool. Where I work, there was someone in the directory with the first name "Archangel". IIRC, this person was of Latin heritage judging from his/her last name, which made it sound even cooler.

Heck, some first names can be pretty bad if used with the wrong last names. There's also a "Sharon Allcock" and a number of "Carrie Hiscock"s in the directory here at work too! Of course, we can't forget the infamous Holding Pecker

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

^

How bout "Elena Fuchs"?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

^

How bout "Elena Fuchs"?
    No, but I just did a quick search and there's a "Haya Fuchs"! Hahaha!

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Default Re: crazy baby names, thoughts?

Originally posted by abyss

Would any of you ever name your kid Holiday?!

discuss.
    Well, at least she can call herself Holly.

The only strange name I would give a child is Daddy's Little Mistake, but then it would be more of a sociological experiment than anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    a tank

reminds me the paper article many years back complaining how parents these days are giving unrealistic names to their child. I recall one parent gave their daugther's name 'David'

I mean, ouch.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    '13 F150

When we started dating, I told my GF that if we ever had a kid, boy or girl, that we would be naming it Galaxian and this was non-negotiable.

The year after, she got herself fixed and that was that.

My Ride
    '13 F150

... oh yeah. Then about a year ago, a friend of hers had a little girl and named her "Jameson." I said "that's a stupid name." She looked at me with the bitchface and said "What so stupid about that?"

I said "Well, 'James' is a boy's name and you know what the 'son' in Jameson means, right? It means 'son' as in a male child. What if they have another girl? Are they gonna name her 'PaperBOY or 'FireMAN'?"

She's still kind of pissed about that.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by StupidWade
    ... oh yeah. Then about a year ago, a friend of hers had a little girl and named her "Jameson." I said "that's a stupid name." She looked at me with the bitchface and said "What so stupid about that?"

I said "Well, 'James' is a boy's name and you know what the 'son' in Jameson means, right? It means 'son' as in a male child. What if they have another girl? Are they gonna name her 'PaperBOY or 'FireMAN'?"

She's still kind of pissed about that.

What's worse, is the father probably named her after Jenna Jameson. Bring that one up, next time you see her
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    '13 F150

OMFG, that didn't even cross my mind. That'll be a good one to mention in the car next time we're going to visit them.

My Ride
    Highlander

Haha well you know how I feel about this April, I hate this stupid trend. I do think there was a thread about unusual spellings on here a while ago, but not unusual names.

I have a friend who named her son Ryn. I'm assuming it's pronounced Ryan (I've only ever read it over email) and Ryan is a great name, but honestly, this poor child will have to spell his name out to EVERYONE for the rest of his life!

And the new "it" name for girls seems to be "Nevaeh" which, not so coincidentally, spells heaven backwards. WTF? Talk about giving your kid a princess complex right out of the womb. Haha and the whole Brayden, Aiden, Drayden, Cayden trend... Take any consonant, put an aiden or an ayden behind it and you have a name! Soon every preschool can make a rhyming poem with the name of each member of the class cause they are essentially all the same name.

I'm all for finding a name that isn't super common for a kid. I have an unusual name and I love it, but my name wasnt made by randomly hitting keys on the keyboard either. I have to laugh because all of the "classic" names that we grew up with like Jennifer and Marie, Matthew, David, Brian, ect are all old news to most of us. LOL but pick one for your child and they will grow up being the unique one cause all the rest of the hippy parents had to name their sons and daughters Aiden and Brayden and Mykaiyla and Navaeh.
    Last edited by Melinda; 11-02-2007 at 11:24 AM.

My Ride
    Mom-van

I know what you mean... 2 of my friends back home both had girls in the past year and both named them Nevaeh. I didn't want to go with too common of a name for my son, but at the same time I didn't want it to be weird. I got thinking about exactly what you said Melinda... the names we grew up with are getting wiped out by all these "creative" names now! I may have chosen an almost too common name for my son, but everyone will be able to spell it and pronounce it correctly. (Tyler Scott)
    ~*Leah*~

It's been happening for a long time:

I'm like a superhero with no powers or motivation.

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by ~Leah~
    I may have chosen an almost too common name for my son, but everyone will be able to spell it and pronounce it correctly. (Tyler Scott)
    I love your son's name because it's normal lol. Dont feel bad either. Our front runners for kid's names are William and Claire. You dont get much more normal than that.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

The "creative" named kids are probably going to grow up as whiny emos with shitty DeviantArt accounts due to all their classmates making fun of their ridiculous first names.

Now, middle names on the other hand, I say you can go wild with those. If I ever have a kid, his/her middle name will probably wind up being Chewbacca.

My Ride
    2014 GMC Terrain SLE-2 V6

I think it depends on the actual name?
    My BF's niece who was born this week was named
    SAGE Victoria - not my personal choice....but its kind of different I guess.
    I have a girl that works with my and her name is CYMBRIA -no explanation I can even assume on that one!! I think If you want to be original make sure that the name choice is one that you would consider having, and think about the possible experiences your child could have as a result of your 'unique
    name!!!!

Naming kids after celebrities is another trend I hate.

And unusual names are only unusual if you have that name before the trend started and every other parent is naming their kid that. I look at my group of friends and see a few kids with the same "unusual" names except for spelling variations.

Back to the celebrity names... A lot of parents look at a cool person with a cool name and give it to their kid. I can think of countless names that would work for an outgoing popular teenager. But what if your kid is fat and awkward, that unique name is going to be another source of torment for them.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast