Quantcast
Collison in parking lot - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Collison in parking lot

My Ride
    cayenne S/250ninja

Default Collison in parking lot

alright,
    so we are heading out of the parking lot of spence diamonds and a truck reverses into us. we honked and tried to get out of the way but got hit. the guy is admitting he didn't see us and could hear us in time. but i talked to my insurance broker and he said PARKING LOTS ARE ALWAYS 50/50.. that really sucks cause he knows its all his fault. is there something that can be done?
    will my preminum go up?
    thanks
    who says girls can't beat guys!

My Ride
    NC1

You should have got it in writing because now he can easily change his story and it will be 50/50 if he knows he can get away with it.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    EM1

u can always ask him to just pay u cash for your damages
    instead of going though insurance

My Ride
    MY97 WRX

Originally posted by kambo.king
    u can always ask him to just pay u cash for your damages
    instead of going though insurance

50/50 means you pay for your own damages.

My Ride
    cayenne S/250ninja

sorry i forgot to say. the damages were over $1000 so the cops came and wrote down statements and all that. the other driver did admit to his fault though

My Ride
    NA2, EP3

this situation happened to me aswell.. at the time of the accident.. the guy admitted fault.. he providing me with all info.. i didnt give him any info from me..

he told me he wanted to not go through insurance.. and he will pay me privatley..

..i felt this kid was shaddy so i imedialty went to the police station and got a accident report..

.. i then called my insurance to tell them what happened.. they told me in that situation , even though its in a parking lot.. the guy that backed up into me was at fault..so told me not to worry bout it.. and if the guy pulls anything funny,, just call them and they will take care of it..

so now i called the kid that hit my car.. to tell him he owes me 700 bucks.. now hes sayin that he talked to his insurance and that its 50.50 cuz its in a parkin lot.. and he thinks that he should only pay me 350..

i imedieitly told him that ill just call my insurance and they will be the judge..

he wanted to negotiate, cause i think he was bluffing.. but i said i was busy, and left..

my insurance took care of everything, i didnt even have to pay for a deductable..

My Ride
    NC1

Well if the driver admitted fault and it's written in the statement, there is nothing to worry about.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

a few things.

it doesn't matter if he "admits" fault. most people are not trained to determine liability and admitting fault does not mean they actually are at fault. Same for policemen, even if they give their opinion on who is at fault at an accident, it is just their opinion. Police do not have the power to determine or settle liability disputes.

what is important is which facts they "admit" to. In your case they admitted on a written police statement that "I reversed into autumn rain's car" and according to the law, this would put them 100% at fault. This would assume that you had no time to react and and that your car was not also in reverse.

The location of the accident is irrelevant for this situation. Driver of car who is reversing is always 100% at fault. period.

If both cars are reversing at the time, then it would be 50/50.

Very important that you tell your adjuster that you car was in gear and moving forward, or completely stopped. If you say you car was in reverse gear, even if you are standing still, it would be considered as 'being in reverse' and liability will be settled accordingly.

My Ride
    L-Tuned

Originally posted by TE4MFaint

50/50 means you pay for your own damages.
    Further to that...50/50 actually means you pay 50% of your damages and 50% of the other party's damage.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Get a new insurance broker. They should know better than that. The person leaving the parked position will be at fault. The person proceeding forward in the driving lane has the right of way. You have nothing to worry about.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

i'm seriously surprised there are still these threads. at anytime if one of the vehicles involved is backing up. they are automatically at fault. there's a user on here i think it's 403gemini he works for an insurance company. he'll tell you everything you need to know.

My Ride
    No more Subarus

Default Correct

Originally posted by zoik
    i'm seriously surprised there are still these threads. at anytime if one of the vehicles involved is backing up. they are automatically at fault. there's a user on here i think it's 403gemini he works for an insurance company. he'll tell you everything you need to know.
    Zoik is correct . A girl backed into my car in parking lot and she paid for everything. But, if your vehicle was backing up, then it is 50-50.

My Ride
    cayenne S/250ninja

ok thanks guys!
    u can close thread now.

My Ride
    CBR600rr, MK7

he would be at fault
    it happened to me
    some guy backed into me from hi space
    didnt see me i honked and all that
    said it was my fault because im not suppose to be there
    but in the end he as at fault

LOL, wasn't supposed to be there haha..fuck some people are so dumb.....I've been really nervous in parking lots since I went from my Ford Explorer back down to a little lowered import car.....all these fucking hillbillies in this city driving their fucking trucks...one of these days they're gonna back into me I know it...or swerve into my lane on the freeway because they don't see me

Default Re: Collison in parking lot

Originally posted by autumnrain
    alright,
    so we are heading out of the parking lot of spence diamonds and a truck reverses into us. we honked and tried to get out of the way but got hit. the guy is admitting he didn't see us and could hear us in time. but i talked to my insurance broker and he said PARKING LOTS ARE ALWAYS 50/50.. that really sucks cause he knows its all his fault. is there something that can be done?
    will my preminum go up?
    thanks
    Get a new broker

parking lot accidents arent instantly 50/50... fuck how many times do i need to fucking tell people this, it should just go into my sig.

Where is the damages on your car and where are the damages on his truck. if they're on the side of your vehicle and they're on the rear end of his truck, he's 100% liable.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

Default Re: Re: Collison in parking lot

Originally posted by 403Gemini

Get a new broker

parking lot accidents arent instantly 50/50... fuck how many times do i need to fucking tell people this, it should just go into my sig.

Where is the damages on your car and where are the damages on his truck. if they're on the side of your vehicle and they're on the rear end of his truck, he's 100% liable.
    Listen to 403Gemini his advice helped me through my claim where a truck backed into the side of my car then turned his story around and said that I hit him. My car was waiting out in the road to turn into the parking lot and the truck was in the parking lot. My adjuster said that it was going to be 50/50 but then I listened to 403Gemini's advice and full blame was put on the asshole truck driver.

Default Re: Re: Re: Collison in parking lot

Originally posted by eb0i

Listen to 403Gemini his advice helped me through my claim where a truck backed into the side of my car then turned his story around and said that I hit him. My car was waiting out in the road to turn into the parking lot and the truck was in the parking lot. My adjuster said that it was going to be 50/50 but then I listened to 403Gemini's advice and full blame was put on the asshole truck driver.
    Hush you, you're making me sound like an insurance super hero lol

autumnrain, i'll get you the exact wording tommorow , but i just need to know where the location of your damage is on your vehicle. Essentially if you both were backing out and backed into each other, thats really the only situation a parking lot accident would ever be considered 50/50
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Collison in parking lot

Oh but you are

My Ride
    '11 Civic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Collison in parking lot

Lol you are the beyond insurance super hero.
    Everything I'm not made me everything I am...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast