Quantcast
What does it cost to have a car resprayed in Calgary these days? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: What does it cost to have a car resprayed in Calgary these days?

My Ride

Default What does it cost to have a car resprayed in Calgary these days?

Anyone have their car resprayed for cosmetic purposes lately? I'm not talking about insurance claims, or any car repair. Seems like the average shop rate is near 100$/hr now or am I way off?

When I was looking, small, family shops (usual hit and miss for quality) were less then $90. The mediocre (most results were good) were $100-110.

My Ride
    '08 STi, '12 C350 4MATIC

Any idea how long it would take to spray a rsx?.. and this price doesn't include cost of paint either right?
    Or how about just a hood?

My Ride

What is the most common system for estimating hours? I had a friend run my vehicle through Audatex and Mitchell, which spat out nearly 23 hrs, and that' doesn't jive with what i've heard around town for costs on repaints, even at 100/hr shop time. Which leads me to be wary of what i'm paying for or being quoted for.

I haven't worked in a bodyshop only gotten quotes but from what I can tell it's the same process for pricing as mechanical. Computer says its going to take say .5 hour for this, 1.0 for that, 2.0 for that, they add all the hours together including for removal and reinstall and then thats your total hours.

Don't forget they will charge you more ontop for paint, some more for shop materials, then another $10 for Hazardous Waste disposal.

Just went over my old old quotes, unless shop prices have changed....

Maranello's is $52/hr
    National Collision is $55/hr
    Calgary Honda is $60/hr

so my first post was a little off, but that's what I have been told from shops via word of mouth.

My rear bumper repair was going to cost anywhere from $900-$1900 to give you an idea.

My Ride

I found another quote online, but i don't know what system it was on. It put the body labour at 18.4 and the paint labour at 38.7, but this included ALL the proper R&I's. The thing with Calgary now, is that i'm afraid of going to a shop and PAYING for all the proper R&I's and not having them done properly. I just can't trust anyone! Anyone else feel like that now? Mabey it's just because i'm new to the city in the last few years.

My Ride

Anyone have anything else helpfull on the subject? I'd like to get my car in somewhere before the snow starts falling.

Screamin' man, look at my thread, can't beat that customer review

My Ride
    Prelude aka red rice, Lincoln Aviator

Had my car done a while back... nor really sure what it worked out to be for the paint as it was a hail damage deal so there was extra work. In my case I took the insurance $$$, and put that towards the whole paint job, but I did a bunch of little things myself... take of bumpers, mirrors, door handles, etc. Ended up costing me maybe $1300 out of my pocket, and that included the deductable ($500). Small shops (National, screamin' etc) usually don't mind doing this and it saves you a good bit too. Plus you know corners aren't being cut!

My Ride
    SlowBalt

Originally posted by Crymson
    I found another quote online, but i don't know what system it was on. It put the body labour at 18.4 and the paint labour at 38.7, but this included ALL the proper R&I's. The thing with Calgary now, is that i'm afraid of going to a shop and PAYING for all the proper R&I's and not having them done properly. I just can't trust anyone! Anyone else feel like that now? Mabey it's just because i'm new to the city in the last few years.
    If any shops breaks something they will replace it... Also it depends but msot times it is alot easier to r & i things rather than mask around it...

My Ride

I'd hope!

It's just a bit of a dillemma. I'm looking for a very quality job. Good initial prep work, a good 2 stage, and then a good cut and polish on the final clear, as well as a bunch of new trim pieces like door plastics and window seals. I'm not looking for a "good for the price" paintjob, but neither am I a "price is no concern" kind of guy. I will pay for good work, but just because something is expensive doesn't necessarily mean that its' quality work. I'm still looking for good value, but the quality of work has to be good. It seems in Calgary, that you have to pay through the nose, just to get acceptable quality.

My Ride
    525it/XC90/V70R

National collision will give you quality work at competitive prices.

My Ride
    SlowBalt

Originally posted by Crymson
    I'd hope!

It's just a bit of a dillemma. I'm looking for a very quality job. Good initial prep work, a good 2 stage, and then a good cut and polish on the final clear, as well as a bunch of new trim pieces like door plastics and window seals. I'm not looking for a "good for the price" paintjob, but neither am I a "price is no concern" kind of guy. I will pay for good work, but just because something is expensive doesn't necessarily mean that its' quality work. I'm still looking for good value, but the quality of work has to be good. It seems in Calgary, that you have to pay through the nose, just to get acceptable quality.
    Would you be getting it painted the same color?

Also now adays alot of shops wont do this kind of job, just because of the time involved.. Your better off finding restoration shops and getting it done there.. Down side to that is paint jobs start around 10gs and go up.

My Ride
    Avalanche/Nightrod

I got a quote for a scratch on my front bumper, fender and headlight....$1300...and it can't be done until probably next year! Also asked how much for the whole car....guy said around 5-7K depending on body work.

Originally posted by sullygully
    National collision will give you quality work at competitive prices.
    Sure if you enjoy your car sitting in their back lot with a couple of marker lines on it and someone elses shit stacked on top for 3 months. Who knows how long it would have taken to finally get it painted. And thats when they told him to bring it in, not him brinigng it in earlier

My Ride

Originally posted by Sharpie

Would you be getting it painted the same color?

Also now adays alot of shops wont do this kind of job, just because of the time involved.. Your better off finding restoration shops and getting it done there.. Down side to that is paint jobs start around 10gs and go up.
    So take it somewhere like RRR?