Quantcast
I'm seeking help from a Telus Customer Service Rep - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm seeking help from a Telus Customer Service Rep

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Default I'm seeking help from a Telus Customer Service Rep

Here's the deal.

I've had my home phone # for 20 years or so.

About 15 years ago, I would come home from school each day and there would be 25 messages on my answering machine...and all of them were sent from a fax machine. I traced all the numbers down to a certain business in Calgary that accidentally had my home phone # as a fax # for one of their customers.

We called that company and asked them to remove our number. I'm not sure if they did or not....but the frequency of phone calls stopped and we only got 3 or 4 each day which was tolerable.

Over the past 15 years, there have been instances where I still 40 or 50 receive fax calls from them but it usually only lasted for 1 or 2 days.

Fast Forward to today....for the past 2 months, I have been getting 60 calls per day from these cocksuckers starting at 7am and ending at 7pm. Each time they send a fax, it's from a 281-XXXX number....so it's not practical for me to try and block each number, as there are probably 80 or 90 unique numbers all coming from the same place according to my call display.

I called the company today, and they basically told me that it's too much work for them to go to each department and ask them to search for my # and remove it from their system......so their only solution was for me to change my home phone #.

I called Telus and each time I speak to somebody there, they say they will put my number on a list so telemarketers can't call. The Telus rep can't seem to grasp the concept that these calls are not coming from Telemarketers....but from the same building in Calgary that is trying to send a fax.

The only solution the first line Telus reps have is to change my home # which is really not an option since I've had this # for 20 years.

Do any Telus employees know who I can call to help me out with this? What can I do to force this company to stop calling me.

Any suggestions or input is greatly appreciated.

Pacman

My Ride
    Honda

You're so attached to your precious phone number, that you'll put up with 50-60 un-wanted phone calls a day?

... And you've been doing this for 20 years now??

Wow

My Ride
    Grimace

You could always start faxing them, or let the numbers out on beyond and see what happens with that.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Originally posted by ninjak84
    You're so attached to your precious phone number, that you'll put up with 50-60 un-wanted phone calls a day?

... And you've been doing this for 20 years now??

Wow
    Well, all my friends, family and collegues have this phone #. I don't see why I should have to change it and go through the hassle of contacting everyone. Plus, I'm getting old now and don't want to have to remember a new home phone #.

Besides that...it's the principle of the whole thing.

Originally posted by Pacman

Well, all my friends, family and collegues have this phone #. I don't see why I should have to change it and go through the hassle of contacting everyone. Plus, I'm getting old now and don't want to have to remember a new home phone #.

Besides that...it's the principle of the whole thing.
    That was a stupid comment.

Telus customer reps are monkeys. Good luck.

My Ride
    Memories...

The company is too lazy to stop calling you non stop all day?

Fuck that noise. I would take it to the media or start bothering them non-stop.

I even wonder if legally this isn't some sort of harassment.

lawsuit, you won the lottery
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

Originally posted by Toms-SC
    lawsuit, you won the lottery
    I hate to admit it, but I actually agree with the sue card for once (even if it's a sarcastic comment). The company responsible for all those calls is straight up telling you to fuck off, and that their time is worth more than yours.

Time to prove them wrong?

My Ride
    has a stick axle

You are a very tolerant man.. I would have been making some noise if those fuck asses would have been calling me that many times a day.

You should seriously start calling around and finding out what your options are ASAP though!

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Originally posted by KRyn
    You are a very tolerant man.. I would have been making some noise if those fuck asses would have been calling me that many times a day.

You should seriously start calling around and finding out what your options are ASAP though!
    Well...I'm out of the house from 7am to 5pm most days....so I miss most of the calls and they just end up jamming up my answering machine.

If I worked the night shift and slept during the day.....it would be a different story.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

http://home-and-office-phone-depot.c...lock-calls.htm

What about something in this link? I am sure you could find something that blocks those numbers or stops any inbound faxes coming to your line.

Do you own a fax machine?

How about an old computer that has a fax modem?

Hook up the fax machine. Receive the faxes. Wait till you have a stack of faxes. Then contact the media saying this company is being careless with information on clients or employees or whatever the nature of the info is. Or contact the people whose names and information appear on those faxes.

If its customer info thats on these faxes, there could be legal issues which could include PIPEDA.

This would also disrupt the business of this company in the sense that all these faxes they are sending would be assumed to have gone thru correctly to the intended recipient when in fact theyre sitting on a fax machine in your living room.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Originally posted by urban.one
    Do you own a fax machine?

How about an old computer that has a fax modem?

Hook up the fax machine. Receive the faxes. Wait till you have a stack of faxes. Then contact the media saying this company is being careless with information on clients or employees or whatever the nature of the info is. Or contact the people whose names and information appear on those faxes.

If its customer info thats on these faxes, there could be legal issues which could include PIPEDA.

This would also disrupt the business of this company in the sense that all these faxes they are sending would be assumed to have gone thru correctly to the intended recipient when in fact theyre sitting on a fax machine in your living room.
    The "business" is the Sarcee Band Agri building which is just off Anderson road.

I'm not sure if they have any whizzy confidential information they are trying to fax....but I might hook up my fax machine and see what happens.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

if you have a fax machine, revenge is sweet. get three pieces of paper, on each one, write "stop faxing to this number" tape them together so they form a loop, and get it in the fax machine. dial the number, hit send, and go off to work.

the above has worked for me quite a bit.

other option is, contact the company again. state that this call is a formal complaint, and demand that all communication from that company cease within 24 hours, and that if it continues, you reserve the right to file harrasment charges with the CPS and / or file a lawsuit against the company.

that also gets the ball rolling pretty quick.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-30-2020 at 03:07 AM.

I like the 3 paper idea!
    Man that is unbelievable, sorry about your luck...
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

My Ride
    1989 Civic SI

oh man do the 3 paper idea...that is the funniest this i heard all day....pure genuess

My Ride
    '13 F150

Telus has this thing called Call Screen...

"Call Screen intercepts calls from up to 12 pre-selected numbers and routes the caller to a recording that says: "The party you are trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time." Your phone will not ring, and the screened caller will not be able to leave a message.

You can even add Private Callers to your Call Screen list by selecting the option to reject the last calling party.

Cost: From $1.95 per month.

Also available in a bundle

Available in most areas."

http://telus.ca/cgi-ebs/jsp/viewitem...30102&Region=B

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Yeah, you should hook a fax machine up, at the very least it'll gather evidence for legal action. (you shouldn't have to go fully through it, but the threat of a lawsuit should be enough for them to change it)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by StupidWade
    Telus has this thing called Call Screen...

"Call Screen intercepts calls from up to 12 pre-selected numbers and routes the caller to a recording that says: "The party you are trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time." Your phone will not ring, and the screened caller will not be able to leave a message.
    &Region=B[/url]
    Originally posted by Pacman
    Each time they send a fax, it's from a 281-XXXX number....so it's not practical for me to try and block each number, as there are probably 80 or 90 unique numbers all coming from the same place according to my call display.
    reading > you
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast