Quantcast
I'm seeking help from a Telus Customer Service Rep - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: I'm seeking help from a Telus Customer Service Rep

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Subaru Outback
    Posts
    797
    Rep Power
    18

    Default I'm seeking help from a Telus Customer Service Rep

    Here's the deal.

    I've had my home phone # for 20 years or so.

    About 15 years ago, I would come home from school each day and there would be 25 messages on my answering machine...and all of them were sent from a fax machine. I traced all the numbers down to a certain business in Calgary that accidentally had my home phone # as a fax # for one of their customers.

    We called that company and asked them to remove our number. I'm not sure if they did or not....but the frequency of phone calls stopped and we only got 3 or 4 each day which was tolerable.

    Over the past 15 years, there have been instances where I still 40 or 50 receive fax calls from them but it usually only lasted for 1 or 2 days.

    Fast Forward to today....for the past 2 months, I have been getting 60 calls per day from these cocksuckers starting at 7am and ending at 7pm. Each time they send a fax, it's from a 281-XXXX number....so it's not practical for me to try and block each number, as there are probably 80 or 90 unique numbers all coming from the same place according to my call display.

    I called the company today, and they basically told me that it's too much work for them to go to each department and ask them to search for my # and remove it from their system......so their only solution was for me to change my home phone #.

    I called Telus and each time I speak to somebody there, they say they will put my number on a list so telemarketers can't call. The Telus rep can't seem to grasp the concept that these calls are not coming from Telemarketers....but from the same building in Calgary that is trying to send a fax.

    The only solution the first line Telus reps have is to change my home # which is really not an option since I've had this # for 20 years.

    Do any Telus employees know who I can call to help me out with this? What can I do to force this company to stop calling me.

    Any suggestions or input is greatly appreciated.

    Pacman

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Honda
    Posts
    1,215
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    You're so attached to your precious phone number, that you'll put up with 50-60 un-wanted phone calls a day?

    ... And you've been doing this for 20 years now??

    Wow

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Grimace
    Posts
    6,513
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    You could always start faxing them, or let the numbers out on beyond and see what happens with that.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Subaru Outback
    Posts
    797
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally posted by ninjak84
    You're so attached to your precious phone number, that you'll put up with 50-60 un-wanted phone calls a day?

    ... And you've been doing this for 20 years now??

    Wow
    Well, all my friends, family and collegues have this phone #. I don't see why I should have to change it and go through the hassle of contacting everyone. Plus, I'm getting old now and don't want to have to remember a new home phone #.

    Besides that...it's the principle of the whole thing.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    AB
    Posts
    858
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by Pacman


    Well, all my friends, family and collegues have this phone #. I don't see why I should have to change it and go through the hassle of contacting everyone. Plus, I'm getting old now and don't want to have to remember a new home phone #.

    Besides that...it's the principle of the whole thing.
    That was a stupid comment.

    Telus customer reps are monkeys. Good luck.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Memories...
    Posts
    156
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The company is too lazy to stop calling you non stop all day?

    Fuck that noise. I would take it to the media or start bothering them non-stop.

    I even wonder if legally this isn't some sort of harassment.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Beyond
    Posts
    1,979
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    lawsuit, you won the lottery
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by Toms-SC
    lawsuit, you won the lottery
    I hate to admit it, but I actually agree with the sue card for once (even if it's a sarcastic comment). The company responsible for all those calls is straight up telling you to fuck off, and that their time is worth more than yours.

    Time to prove them wrong?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    has a stick axle
    Posts
    1,686
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    You are a very tolerant man.. I would have been making some noise if those fuck asses would have been calling me that many times a day.

    You should seriously start calling around and finding out what your options are ASAP though!
    Originally posted by lint
    Who the f*ck cares what brand of protein a weak ass sissy takes? Or what exercises a weak ass sissy does?
    Originally posted by slinkie
    to each haters of "milk" your eating like a b!tch so ur gonna stay a b!tch. eat some cow eat some pizza eat cow in pasta cow in bread cow with cheese drink cow. look at cows there big eat them and ull be to. u are what u eat u wanna eat chicked ull stay being a chicken. u wanna eat string cheese ur gonna be a string cheese. u wanna eat fruit ur ganna be a fruit. Enjoy life.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Subaru Outback
    Posts
    797
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally posted by KRyn
    You are a very tolerant man.. I would have been making some noise if those fuck asses would have been calling me that many times a day.

    You should seriously start calling around and finding out what your options are ASAP though!
    Well...I'm out of the house from 7am to 5pm most days....so I miss most of the calls and they just end up jamming up my answering machine.

    If I worked the night shift and slept during the day.....it would be a different story.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    has a stick axle
    Posts
    1,686
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    http://home-and-office-phone-depot.c...lock-calls.htm


    What about something in this link? I am sure you could find something that blocks those numbers or stops any inbound faxes coming to your line.
    Originally posted by lint
    Who the f*ck cares what brand of protein a weak ass sissy takes? Or what exercises a weak ass sissy does?
    Originally posted by slinkie
    to each haters of "milk" your eating like a b!tch so ur gonna stay a b!tch. eat some cow eat some pizza eat cow in pasta cow in bread cow with cheese drink cow. look at cows there big eat them and ull be to. u are what u eat u wanna eat chicked ull stay being a chicken. u wanna eat string cheese ur gonna be a string cheese. u wanna eat fruit ur ganna be a fruit. Enjoy life.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    352
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Do you own a fax machine?

    How about an old computer that has a fax modem?

    Hook up the fax machine. Receive the faxes. Wait till you have a stack of faxes. Then contact the media saying this company is being careless with information on clients or employees or whatever the nature of the info is. Or contact the people whose names and information appear on those faxes.

    If its customer info thats on these faxes, there could be legal issues which could include PIPEDA.

    This would also disrupt the business of this company in the sense that all these faxes they are sending would be assumed to have gone thru correctly to the intended recipient when in fact theyre sitting on a fax machine in your living room.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Subaru Outback
    Posts
    797
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally posted by urban.one
    Do you own a fax machine?

    How about an old computer that has a fax modem?

    Hook up the fax machine. Receive the faxes. Wait till you have a stack of faxes. Then contact the media saying this company is being careless with information on clients or employees or whatever the nature of the info is. Or contact the people whose names and information appear on those faxes.

    If its customer info thats on these faxes, there could be legal issues which could include PIPEDA.

    This would also disrupt the business of this company in the sense that all these faxes they are sending would be assumed to have gone thru correctly to the intended recipient when in fact theyre sitting on a fax machine in your living room.
    The "business" is the Sarcee Band Agri building which is just off Anderson road.

    I'm not sure if they have any whizzy confidential information they are trying to fax....but I might hook up my fax machine and see what happens.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Parked in Baygirl's garage.
    My Ride
    2019 F150 Lariat 3.5L BOOST!
    Posts
    4,121
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    if you have a fax machine, revenge is sweet. get three pieces of paper, on each one, write "stop faxing to this number" tape them together so they form a loop, and get it in the fax machine. dial the number, hit send, and go off to work.

    the above has worked for me quite a bit.

    other option is, contact the company again. state that this call is a formal complaint, and demand that all communication from that company cease within 24 hours, and that if it continues, you reserve the right to file harrasment charges with the CPS and / or file a lawsuit against the company.

    that also gets the ball rolling pretty quick.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

    Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    C
    Posts
    2,654
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally posted by spikers
    if you have a fax machine, revenge is sweet. get three pieces of paper, on each one, write "stop faxing to this number" tape them together so they form a loop, and get it in the fax machine. dial the number, hit send, and go off to work.

    haha diabolical

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,194
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    I like the 3 paper idea!
    Man that is unbelievable, sorry about your luck...
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    1989 Civic SI
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    oh man do the 3 paper idea...that is the funniest this i heard all day....pure genuess

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    '13 F150
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Telus has this thing called Call Screen...

    "Call Screen intercepts calls from up to 12 pre-selected numbers and routes the caller to a recording that says: "The party you are trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time." Your phone will not ring, and the screened caller will not be able to leave a message.

    You can even add Private Callers to your Call Screen list by selecting the option to reject the last calling party.

    Cost: From $1.95 per month.

    Also available in a bundle

    Available in most areas."

    http://telus.ca/cgi-ebs/jsp/viewitem...30102&Region=B

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Blandness
    Posts
    7,043
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Yeah, you should hook a fax machine up, at the very least it'll gather evidence for legal action. (you shouldn't have to go fully through it, but the threat of a lawsuit should be enough for them to change it)

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Blandness
    Posts
    7,043
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Originally posted by StupidWade
    Telus has this thing called Call Screen...

    "Call Screen intercepts calls from up to 12 pre-selected numbers and routes the caller to a recording that says: "The party you are trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time." Your phone will not ring, and the screened caller will not be able to leave a message.
    &Region=B[/url]
    Originally posted by Pacman
    Each time they send a fax, it's from a 281-XXXX number....so it's not practical for me to try and block each number, as there are probably 80 or 90 unique numbers all coming from the same place according to my call display.
    reading > you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Latest Threads: 07-03-2007, 10:09 AM
  2. F#[email protected] Honda Usa Customer Service

    By nit78 in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 7
    Latest Threads: 03-21-2005, 03:04 PM
  3. House of Tools=Bad, Bad Customer Service

    By Gazoo in forum General
    Replies: 46
    Latest Threads: 12-27-2004, 02:09 PM
  4. I guess KODAK customer service isn't all bad...

    By Gonthro in forum Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 06-09-2004, 12:55 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Latest Threads: 07-21-2002, 06:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •