Quantcast
U of L Calgary Campus - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: U of L Calgary Campus

Default U of L Calgary Campus

For those of you who are attending U of L calgary campus taking accounting, how many courses can you register without conflict with class schedule?

Another thing, what sort of jobs can you get through their co-op program? Is it possible to get a co-op placement when attending the Calgary campus? Is it worth paying $730 for co-op fee?

Thank you.

Barlow is offline I was under probation for 2 years

I was in the co op program.....

It is worth it if you are looking for a accounting/finance position.... anything else is pretty weak.

HR has a few jobs but i found marketing and general pretty under represented.

I dropped th program.... as it is 750$

I know a girl doing the U of L program and she's taking 5 courses right now without and conflict in her schedule. But that's one extra course than they recommend I believe. 4 is already considered a full semester load.

My Ride
    Honda

Use the co-op if you need to ... That's what it's there for ...

If you're capable of finding a better job (or higher paying) on your own, forget it. But if this is your first job in the area and you haven't got any contacts or leads, the school will find you something. The co-op fee isn't that much...
    I never used co-op at university. Jesus ... They would've placed me in a diamond mine above the border So I found work in Calgary instead.

My Ride
    2000 Honda Accord

I am in marketing and got a co-op position with Petro-Canada and I am almost done my term.

The co-op fee is nothing. You only get charged if you get the job, and trust me, any job you get through co-op is going to pay well (my experience), and give you something good to fluff you resume with.

Default Course Load

I am planning to take a full course load this coming spring semester.

1. MGMT 3131
    2. MGMT 3160
    3. WRIT 1000
    4. MGMT 4110
    5. MGMT 4151

I also work part-time during the day, 20 hours/week.

Is this course load doable and still get grades above 80%.

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Barlow is offline I was under probation for 2 years

it should be doable.... 80 is a B so thats what i'm pulling, and i was working 32 hours a week.

when finals come, look at your scedule (exam) and highly consider getting one deferred if its back to back.

My Ride
    13 Cayenne Turbo

I heard 3160 takes up alot of time as its alot of group work, so you might want to look into that one. I did 2 courses while working full time and it wasn't too bad so I'm going to do 3 next semester. Its pretty much up to you, they told me 3 wasn't recommended while working full time, but they won't stop you from taking them.

I also have a WRIT textbook if you're interested?

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

Not sure if U of L at SAIT is the same but I will try and shed some insight from the U of L campus.

MGT 3160: fairly easy class, lots of group work with one large project. A B should not be that difficult.

MGT 3131: An enormous amount of group work and cases to be presented. Hard to say how it will be at SAIT but the Prof's that teach it in Lethbridge make the class fairly difficult.

MGT 4110: Lots of people seem to struggle with consolidation and I have heard that the class is quite difficult.

MGT 4151: I didn't do the new tax course offerings, heard that they are not terribly difficult

Never too WRIT 1000 but know people that have and it seems to depend on how hard the Prof marks the assignments.

I personally think with that course load a 80% + average is doable but adding in the work would make it that much more difficult.

My Ride
    Taco

The course load all depends on you. I take four courses at U of L Calgary campus plus work full time, I can handle it ok. The biggest problem for me is group projects. They're a huge pain in the ass because with this type of schedule you have no free time, plus not to mention everyone else works too so it's really hard to get together. Good luck.

Default Textbooks

I need textbooks.

1. Management Control Systems, 12th Edition
    By Robert Newton Anthony, Vijay Govindarajan
    for MGT 3131

2. Advance Modern Accounting in Canada, 4th Edition
    By Murray W. Hilton
    for MGT 4110

3. CALCULUS with applications, 8th Ed (Brief Version) by Lial/Greenwell/Ritchey
    for Math 1510

If you have one, please let me know ASAP.

Do they sell these books at the U of L calgary campus?

If not, then read below for my offer.

If you are are coming here in Calgary from Lethbridge tomorrow, i'll give you $50 if you can buy these books for me at the U of L library and I will refund you with cash. I need the books by Sunday.

Thanks for those who can help.