Quantcast
Don't go to Canadian Tire - jeesus - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't go to Canadian Tire - jeesus

My Ride
    03' Vitara\VW GTI

Default Don't go to Canadian Tire - jeesus

I decided to pickup the Goodyear Nordics from CT as they really are a good tire and do perform quite well (at least based upon reviews I've seen)

Cheapest in town, next to walmarts NEXEN Winguards of which there is no stock in my size

I'm the kind of guy who does everything himself.... with the exception of tires as I don't have a balancer and really hate popping beads on/off rims

So for $451 taxes in I was to get: 4 goodyear nordics w/ install & balancing for 195/65/15s on my Golf

I bring it it... and drop it off due to their "2" day backup

I get a call later on that evening stating: They were able to remove 3 wheels, but the forth's (drivers rear) happened to not want to come out
    Apparently the locking wheel lock (VW factories) was stuck and the key no longer works

well... okay so I tell them to just leave the tire out and not charge me for the balancing/install on the one tire

I go pick up the car and.... well

They happened to have "lost" the key socket...
    I start asking questions as to whether they might have stripped the socket using an impact?.... no answer
    They state the key is back in the foam compartment inside the spare...
    Well it fucking isn't and they can't find it

Also... while driving home (i know it's a mk4 prone issue) but all of a sudden the fucking drivers window just drops down
    I've been able to fit the window back into it's rail

but now... I have to go to VW, get them to order a new key and mount the tire

what a waste of my time

My Ride
    German

Lesson learned.

My Ride
    WRX STI

Canadian tire kicks ass for some stuff, but everyone knows not to get your car serviced there. It just a bunch of teens working there. When i was selling my integra, i did the timing belt before i sold it. The new buyers wanted to get an inspection done at crappy tire, i advised agaist it, but they insisted. They came back with saying it needed a new timing belt lol it was 2 days old! lol. Probably still had the price tag on it

canadian tire is good for nothing. its china tire now as everything is made in china and just poor service. if you take a car there even for TIRE servivce your asking to be abused.

www.canadiantirebattery.com

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Crappy tire mounted my tires for me just fine... plus they were the only place that would do it within a day without an appointment.

i had a different experience with them. i went in and paid for my tires and then the service manager basically said that he "didnt want to do it today" i was like... so in the end i just got the general manager to refund my money and took my buisness to Kal Tire (recomended by the way).

canadian tire

My Ride
    03' Vitara\VW GTI

I mean honestly... how do you fuck up installing tires?

Almost every car since the late 90's with anything other than steel wheels use locking wheel nuts

I called Southcenter Veedub and they apparently have a master key that I can borrow to remove the fucking lock

Go to Barlow and 17 Ave they have a tire mounting place its cheap and fast.

My Ride
    ED & EG

I almost guarantee they broke your tool and covered thier ass by saying they lost it. This is why I never let fucking monkeys work on my cars.

They lost my moms car keys.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Monkeys, monkeys, monkeys, I wouldn't even trust Cambodian tire to change my oil. I just buy fishing license and bait there, and thats it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She wishes it was deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    So deep put her ass to sleep.

I dont know why people would use their service bay. Honestly the only thing i ever really go there to purchase is like camping gear... thats about it.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

I've got a client that works there and even he told me "don't ever bring your car here, I wouldn't let any of these guys work on my vehicle". What the hell does that say?
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

You should contact the service manager

I took my Prelude wheels in loose to have the tires changed last month. They effed up all 4 wheels. 2 were pretty bad, the other 2 I can polish myself

Even tho they have a sign saying they are not responsible for any wheel damage, I still contacted the head service manager. He asked me to come in so he can see the damage. Inspite the signage, even the manager said damage to all wheels, regardless of how bad it is, is unacceptable.

He refunded me the labor and the extended warranty I paid. Tho it only covers repair for 1 wheel, that was more than what I expected from Crappy tire. Plus he mentioned fired the guy that installed/balanced my tires.

This was at Country Hills Blvd FTW. Sam is the Service manager. Their evening service guy at the counter is really good too. I forget his name, brown guy with a beard.

In any case, it's a hit and miss. Especially with labour turnover so high right now. You might be lucky/unlucky to get a good/bad service tech working on your car.
    Damn +44411's

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    I've got a client that works there and even he told me "don't ever bring your car here, I wouldn't let any of these guys work on my vehicle". What the hell does that say?
    Also, I heard from a friend that works at Dalhousie, one of the service guys (manger or a guy at the counter) punched a customer. Dalhousie is THE worst location by far.

My Ride
    Honda

Two sides to every story ....
    Probably doesn't apply here, but just venting

When I was installing rims, my favorite customer was the asshole who brings in his beater Honda. He orders cheap chrome wheels, then insists on having the cheapest tire money can buy. When you go to work on bullshit cars like that, you'll often find the owner has already made a mess of the lugs. Stripped heads ... Seized bolts ... Over/under torqued .... Signs the retard has tried (and failed) many times at simple tasks.

This was the customer who always made the biggest deal about getting things "done right". What a joke. Whenever shit-stains like that would ask to hang around the garage and watch me work, I always laughed, and sent them to the door. I never understood why they want to watch, when they don't even care enough about the car to get the body kit painted.

Funny how a guy can come in and drop $10k on forged wheels & tires for his CLS55 AMG, and leave it with me for the day. Then you get some welfare case come in, and want to watch his AKUZA's get mounted with NEXEN's with a magnifying glass

/vent

ps: No. I never worked at Canadian Tire.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    I dont know why people would use their service bay. Honestly the only thing i ever really go there to purchase is like camping gear... thats about it.
    Are you kidding me? you're missing out on some sweet spinner hubcaps with laser level's!
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Even on the off chance that Jesus is reading this forum today, I doubt you could tell him where to take his business.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Are you kidding me? you're missing out on some sweet spinner hubcaps with laser level's!
    fuck that, i get those at wal-mart
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    POS

I got my wheels balanced at country hills CT and I couldn't get the bolts off with my 240ft lb impact wrench. I was like WTF!! I had to use the lug wrench and step on it to get them all off and re-torque them correctly.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast