Quantcast
Don't go to Canadian Tire - jeesus - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Don't go to Canadian Tire - jeesus

Canadian Tire in general has gone down hill.

Terrible service. Terrible return and exchange policy.

And each store is independently owned so its really hit or miss with each location as to what to expect.

I used to like CT and spent a lot of money there but these days I wont buy anything other than oil, garbage bags, and other cheap disposable stuff along those lines.

My Ride
    BMW E46 LSB ///M3

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Even on the off chance that Jesus is reading this forum today, I doubt you could tell him where to take his business.
    hahaha my name is Jesus (Spanish btw not Geesus) and i wouldn't take my business to canadian tire.

i remember my dad went to get tires from CT. told them he wanted one of the fronts left as the spare and paid for 4 balance/mount. gets the car, there's no tire in the trunk. so he goes back inside, and asks them where is the spare. They drove the car back into the garage, and out. go outside and they threw just the tire in the truck. not even giving us the rim back. go inside tell them again, so they throw the rim in the truck on top of the tire. so back inside again... oh you only paid for 4 balance/mounts... take that wheel that we wanted as a spare as it was on the car, put in truck as spare, take the wheel in the truck and the other 3 wheels out and put the new tires on them... i guess that was still too hard to understand!

and a heads up to anyone with a mazda with a bolt lock bought from mazda. those bolt locks seize on steelies.

My Ride
    w163

Originally posted by urban.one
    Canadian Tire in general has gone down hill.

Terrible service. Terrible return and exchange policy.
    Im pretty sure its 90 day return policy, I dont know what you define as suck, but thats a hell of lot longer than some other places...

My Ride
    01 TDI

hah This doesnt seem any crappier than my experienec at walmart last week.

Shit, i guess it was my fault for even thinking they were competent.

I go in to get one set of tires switched from one set of wheels to the wheels on my car, first they wont let me make the appointment and come back later.. so I drop off my car at 8am, and they say it'll be ready at 2.

I go back at 4, my car hasnt been touched yet..so i go in and ask whats up? They say they're "backedup" so im like...ok...well you're already 2hrs late on my tire swap, ask how long it'll be, they say another 1.5hrs, im like..fuck fine, Im gonna be late for work but i can still make it..

1.5hrs later i go in to check on my car and leave, i see them drive my car onto the lift...now im pissed, how the fuck can you be that slow with a car you're already late on?

they say it'll be another 2hrs...so all in all the fuckers were 6 hrs late screwing me over on my shift, and they wouldnt do shit for me, charged me fullcost and the manager was a huge douchebag. never going to walmart ever for any type of service, terrible expereience there. the guy couldnt give me any legit reason for being 6 hrs late, other than "backed up with orders" and said that "2pm was only an estimate"...such bullshit.

My Ride
    CBR 929

I had Country Hills CT change my old all seasons on steelies to winters (whatever the CT brand of winters are-their best ones) and I had zero problems. Car was done on time, nothing missing, no over-torqued wheels, like everyone else says with the high staff turn-over it is probably a crap shoot who you get to do the work.

This is the only work I have ever had done at CT.

[url]

Originally posted by D911
    hah This doesnt seem any crappier than my experienec at walmart last week.

I KNOW for a fact that Wal-mart hires bottom of the barrel. I knew this fat loser that worked at the shawnessy location. He became the service manager by default, everyone above him quit. He signed a service job with out checking the work. Next thing, the customer's wheel go flying off the car.

And this is the place I have to take a car to be inspected if I import it from the US? Ouch.

My Ride
    RSX Type-S, 335i Coupe

I went to C-Tire for a couple of small things including a rotating the tires. I pick up my car drive home and theres a loud ass thumping noise and the ride is very bumpy. I immediately pull into certigard thinking something major happened, certigard gets back to me the next day and says "your lucky, somebody forgot to tighten the lug nuts on your wheels." So basically I was a few miuntes away for literally the wheels falling off my car. I couldn't believe it.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by infected
    Lesson learned.
    Nicely put.
    Ultracrepidarian

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-30-2020 at 03:02 AM.

My Ride
    2014 Sierra, 87 cavi vert

Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns
    And this is the place I have to take a car to be inspected if I import it from the US? Ouch.
    there are many other oop shops.
    Speed Doesn't kill, it's the sudden stop at the end.

My Ride
    Subaru wagon

i suggest going to a kaltire, they have great service most of the time, but they are really busy now w/ all the tires being switched/changed over for winter.

edit: oh and kaltire beside sait, i know does OOP's

I need some fairly nice wheels mounted on tires. I am pretty anal about them, since they are brand new. Where is a good reliable place to mount the tires besides TireCraft on macleod? (bad experience there)

My Ride
    mk3 brokestatus jetta

some guy i worked with in the summer was telling me how he worked there when he was in high school. he said one day he shows up for work and theres 2 cars piled on each other.. i guess the idiots there didnt know how to lift a car and fell right off onto another one. He quit very shortly after that.

My Ride
    BMW E46 LSB ///M3

Originally posted by VetteRacin

FOr the oop you can take it somewhere else, TRUE.

BUT you need to take it there for your out of country inspection

My Ride
    STi

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Are you kidding me? you're missing out on some sweet spinner hubcaps with laser level's!
    I went to crappy tire to look for those plastic spinners as a gag gift. I was quite disappointed to find out they stopped selling them. I guess there's a line that even craptire won't cross.

Originally posted by VetteRacin

According to RIV ( http://www.riv.ca/english/html/how_to_import.html ), Canadian Tire is the only place you can go. Thankfully it's only an inspection, so they wouldn't actually be doing any work on the car and I would be there at all times....but still.

# The RIV has contracted with Canadian Tire, with 430 locations across Canada, to perform our federal inspections. In many cases, Canadian Tire can perform certain modification work, as well as performing the provincial inspection.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Originally posted by funkedelic

FOr the oop you can take it somewhere else, TRUE.

BUT you need to take it there for your out of country inspection

Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns

According to RIV ( http://www.riv.ca/english/html/how_to_import.html ), Canadian Tire is the only place you can go. Thankfully it's only an inspection, so they wouldn't actually be doing any work on the car and I would be there at all times....but still.

Already stated.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My car sounds like shit.

here's a good walmart story. i used to work at one, and one day we hear about one of the guys drove a car off the hoist. he told everyone that he accidently popped the clutch, the car went flying forward and almost killed another guy working there. what made this even funnier is that this was my uncle's car! it's an automatic....

the boys working in the shop there don't need any certification to work on cars. that's why they only do tires and oil changes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast