Quantcast
The Amero is coming!! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Amero is coming!!

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Originally posted by Frosty

Some stated goals of the SPP below. IMO, they leave the door open for the adoption of existing US policies:

* Develop and implement a strategy to enhance North American maritime transportation and port security.

* Develop and implement a strategy to establish equivalent approaches to aviation security for North America.

* Develop and implement a comprehensive North American strategy for combating transnational threats to the United States, Canada, and Mexico, including terrorism, organized crime, illegal drugs, migrant and contraband smuggling and trafficking.

* Enhance partnerships on intelligence related to North American security.

* Develop and implement a common approach to critical infrastructure protection, and response to cross-border terrorist incidents and, as applicable, natural disasters.
    Stated goals of the ssp

-To save lives, prevent injuries, and make consumer goods safer, the United States, Canada and Mexico signed separate agreements for advance notifications when consumer goods violate one country's safety standards or pose a danger to consumers.

-To strengthen border security, Mexican and U.S. agencies are exchanging information and establishing protocols to detect fraud and smuggling, and address border violence.

-To speed up response times when managing infectious disease outbreaks, the United States and Canada signed an agreement to enable simultaneous exchange of information between virtual national laboratory networks.

-To speed cargo shipping, the three countries are developing uniform in-advance electronic exchange of cargo manifest data for maritime, railroad and motor carriers.

-To develop a coordinated strategy aimed at combating counterfeiting and piracy, a task force of senior officials from the three North American countries has been established

-To reduce the cost of trade, the United States and Canada decreased transit times at the Detroit/Windsor gateway, our largest border crossing point, by 50 percent.

To reduce market distortions, facilitate trade, and promote overall competitiveness, the North American Steel Trade Committee developed a new strategy that focuses on improving innovation and market development.

http://www.spp.gov/myths_vs_facts.asp

not sure where you got yours from... I am just tired of being a conspiracy theory not on EVERYTHING that happens
    Cos...

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by brendankharris

where do you get the leap from sharing currency to a North American (US backed) government????????

Didn't happen with the euro
    Really? LOL... There are all sorts fo conditions to joining the EU.... a LOT OF THEM economic.

My Ride
    '04 STi

Originally posted by brendankharris

-To strengthen border security, Mexican and U.S. agencies are exchanging information and establishing protocols to detect fraud and smuggling, and address border violence.

well one of the things about the EU was to remove all the borders... so wouldn't the US-mexico border come down?

would that also make us equal with the americans? considering how superior they think they are to canadians too?

My Ride
    Vmax

Originally posted by broken_legs
    I agree with Toma.

And as far as fundamentals - financial institutions have allowed/encouraged all this to happen - It was bound to happen almost like it was all set up

Central banks, skull n bones, Security and Prosperity Partnership blah blah blah

I just have a feeling that there is more going on here then meets the eye

x2 ....Jekyll island

My Ride
    02 TL1000R, 14 F150 FX4, 11 XKR 175

Originally posted by sputnik

In the same section as the 9/11 conspiracies and Elvis sightings.
    Bing, bing, bing........... we have a winner.

The rest of you do some research on it. The idea was but forth by the winners at the Fraser Institute in the late 90s. The actual coin that I have seen pics of floating around was started as a harmless hoax coin by a collectible coin maker in the US. Some nutjob tinfoil hat righty heard about the coins and ran with it on his blog. It then blew up from there.

The coins:
    http://www.dc-coin.com/index.asp?Pag...ATS&Category=8
    Last edited by vadeit; 11-08-2007 at 01:08 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2