Quantcast
Super Mario Galaxy - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Mario Galaxy

Default Super Mario Galaxy

IGN gave it a 9.7 ... I tried it for a few min and turned it off ... I didn't like the camera and it was kind of boring ... I don't think it deserves such a high score but I will give it a try again ... I was looking forward to this too ... if you got it or are going to get it .. whats your opinion?

Where did you get it? I thought it wasn't out till Mon.

mines modded ... I don't think Wii games are worth buying since I don't play it .. just try a game then it collects dust lol

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Originally posted by beecue
    mines modded ... I don't think Wii games are worth buying since I don't play it .. just try a game then it collects dust lol
    That's gay. So, so gay. If you don't like a Super Mario game, you have absolutely zero taste in games.

i havnt enjoyed a mario game sense super mario world on the snes. and that didnt even come close to my love for mario brothers 3 on the nes.
    1995 Talon Esi - 1989 Lebarron - 1991 Mr2 Turbo - 1991 Accord - 2005 Corolla - 2005 R6 - 1993 Talon Tsi - 2013 Mustang Coupe - 1997 Grand Prix GTP

Originally posted by beecue
    maybe you would appreciate the game more if you didn't just download and burn whatever game you come across. Games have more value when you actually buy them.

My Ride
    F30

supre mario world ftw
    Originally posted by Ven
    If you find a chic the there with a stick shift don't be alarmed. It's just the performance model, go ahead and ride it like you stole it.

Originally posted by z2two

maybe you would appreciate the game more if you didn't just download and burn whatever game you come across. Games have more value when you actually buy them.
    thats true ... maybe I would have enjoyed my Wii more

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Super Mario 64 was an absolutely phenomenal game.

My Ride
    T MR2

I can't wait to play this game, i already reserved and paid for my copy in full

OH i reserved and paid for super smash bros brawl for february too!

Originally posted by z2two

by "value" you don't mean financially, right? Because,

If I buy a game for $60 I can't sell it for more (99% of the time)

but,

If I buy a DVD-R for $0.30 and burn a game on to it and sell it for $5.00 - there's a profit.

(For the record I don't do this so don't start ranting)

yeah by value i don't mean money, i mean "valuing" the game and actually putting that money to use and playing it.

^^^ I totally agree.

I can hardly wait to get my hands on a copy of this game. I've had some huge craving to play this since I recently picked up a wii (first nintendo system I've bought since the N64) and have remembered the good and fun days of mario 64! Has anyone picked up their copies yet at stores or recieved calls that they are in? I think it was shipping out yesterday so I'm not sure if they have reached their destinations yet.
    PSN: DeceitfulWings
    XBL: DeceitfulWings

My Ride
    Avalanche/Nightrod

I had mario sunshine on gamecube, I still think its one of the top games, never played mario 64 so can't compare.

Just picked it up at Best Buy (they had tons). Looking forward to trying it out.

This game gave me such a headache but I'm use to it now. It's pretty fun.

I got my copy tonight at Future Shop on my way home from work. So far I've got the first two starts and its a ton of fun! Definately going to take a bit of getting used to though!
    PSN: DeceitfulWings
    XBL: DeceitfulWings

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Mini review here for anyone who cares:

Visuals:
    Super Mario Galaxy has pulled out all the stops, using horsepower from the Wii that the Wii didn't know it had. The visuals are simply mind boggling, easily eclipsing every other game currently available for the Wii.

The rich, lush backdrops and the bright colors will send a warm, happy feeling down your spine. The character models are accurate and memorable, the environments are unique and entertaining to look at, and most important, the game just looks pretty damn good.

Sound:
    I was a bit disappointed when I first heard Mario's voice. in Super Mario 64 (in my opinion one of THE defining games for a 3D platformer) his voice was a bit more high pitched (cartoonish, if you will), but that's also what made it so memorable. However, after playing a few levels I've grown used to Mario's deeper, more Asian sounding voice (you'll know what I mean when you hear it).

The sound effects themselves are very well done, with everything being timed perfectly and sounding fantastic. There are even some interactive moments (underground, for example) that are quite neat and a great addition to the game.

Control:
    I can't believe how intuitive the controls are. Nintendo has wrote the book on how to design a control scheme for the Wii, hands down, as this game takes mere moments to get used to. Sit down, experiment for a few seconds, and then get off on your own and play.

Brilliant.

Gameplay:
    Ahh, the most important part of any game. The gameplay for Super Mario Galaxy is nearly perfect. Everything comes into the mix at just the right time, puzzled are varied and interesting, and the world is so damn interesting that you will find yourself exploring and running around simply for the sake of doing so.

While the story is the typical Mario camp (Bowser stole the castle, again... anyone remember the original Paper Mario), things seem a bit more "serious" this time around. The opening cinematic certainly sets the mood, and trust me, it isn't cartoony. Bowser kicks ass, Kammy Koopa kicks Mario's ass, and overall the game seems to be all about ass kicking- thank god for that.

What's interesting is that a second player can connect a Wiimore and start collecting starbits for Mario, making the first players life a little bit easier. Starbits can give you lives and help you progress through the game, and if you get trigger happy, act as projectiles by which you bitch slap various enemies.

Overall, I can only conclude with a sigh of relief and a earnest recommendation. I'm releived that Nintendo didn't bugger this game up, and I must honestly recommend it to anyone that has ever player a Mario game or anyone who is looking for an innovative, yet traditional 3D platformer.

The Wii has needed it's "killer app" (besides Wii Sports), and with Mario Galaxy, it's finally here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast