Quantcast
Photo Radar Tickets - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Photo Radar Tickets

Default Photo Radar Tickets

So, there's no demerits assigned for a regualr photo radar tickets, but what if you show up in court to fight it?

By you being there and reaching a conclusion, can they assign demerits since they now know who was driving the vehicle?

My Ride
    Acura Integra

Unsolicited Advice:

Just suck it up and pay it.

1) It's not that much compared to other tickets
    2) How do you plan on fighting photographic evidence?
    3) Not worth time/missing work/lining up to fight it
    4) No guarantee you'll win
    5) Pay attention to ultra clean, dark tinted minivans in the future.

My Ride
    my bike

What grounds do you have to fight the ticket?
    It's pretty clear you or someone you know was speeding in you vehicle. Pay up.

Why do people who don't know the answer still post completely irrelevant "father-son" lectures

Still looking for an answer to my question.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by Schwa
    Unsolicited Advice:

Just suck it up and pay it.

1) It's not that much compared to other tickets
    2) How do you plan on fighting photographic evidence?
    3) Not worth time/missing work/lining up to fight it
    4) No guarantee you'll win
    5) Pay attention to ultra clean, dark tinted minivans in the future.

Damn good advice.

I went down to the new court house to fight one last week. What a waste... all you do is wait in line for hours... it's such a hastle, it wasn't worth missing work. (Mine wasn't a photo radar ticket).

My Ride
    LCI E90 :-)

nope no demerits... they are charging you "as the owner" of the vehicle,

P.S. You might get away with it, if you showed up in court and the officer doesn't.

My Ride
    Ram

just ask for linency they should cut ticket in half

My Ride

always take a photo ticket to court. Not neccessarily to try and get off, but to ask for a reduction or an extension to pay. If you simply submit to the ticket and pay, you're essentially aggreeing to a new tax, especially when they start adding speed cameras to all the red light cameras. The point is to utilize as much of the courts time, that they net no money on your ticket. The only way to stop the ubiquitous cash grab that is photo radar it to render it unprofitable and to congest the courts with pointless traffic cases. Its the only way we have as citizens to send a message.

even easier is to read the white signs with numbers on the along the side of the road. The vans stop snapping pictures and no longer take in money.
    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong....I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives.

My Ride
    boosted crvtec civic

oh you mean those ones that say "maximum speed"? lol

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Originally posted by Crymson
    always take a photo ticket to court. Not neccessarily to try and get off, but to ask for a reduction or an extension to pay. If you simply submit to the ticket and pay, you're essentially aggreeing to a new tax, especially when they start adding speed cameras to all the red light cameras. The point is to utilize as much of the courts time, that they net no money on your ticket. The only way to stop the ubiquitous cash grab that is photo radar it to render it unprofitable and to congest the courts with pointless traffic cases. Its the only way we have as citizens to send a message.
    Or pay the damn ticket and don't speed I don't really agree with the system but if you don't break the laws, you don't get fined, it's really not that difficult.
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

My Ride
    Acura Integra

Originally posted by Eleanor

Or pay the damn ticket and don't speed I don't really agree with the system but if you don't break the laws, you don't get fined, it's really not that difficult.
    Exactly.

It's not a cash grab to me, and if people are too occupied to notice a sparkling van then so be it.

My Ride
    12 camaro ss ,91 aristo , 12 ram

just pay the damnn tickettt

My Ride
    fg2

so whats wrong with going to court and asking to be shown proof of when the last time the equipment was calibrated? doesnt it have to get done every so often? I'm not saying go and try and weasel out of the ticket, but i think its fair to be shown proof that you were in fact going that speed.

And I would present my argurment as, I wasn't driving, So I don't know how fast my car was going, so before I want to pay this ticket, I want to be shown proof the equipment was calibrated properly and ths is in fact an accurate ticket.

My Ride
    Acura Integra

All I'm saying is that unless you work at McDonalds or Sportchek, you would be better off just paying (since there are no further consequences) than wasting half a day of work to fight it.

Originally posted by mekeni
    nope no demerits... they are charging you "as the owner" of the vehicle,

P.S. You might get away with it, if you showed up in court and the officer doesn't.
    I think that's unconstitutional or something. Charging you "as the owner?" its a joke. In some states in the US, they have to be able to prove you were driving the car..

Being charged as the owner of the vehicle is a joke. We all just pay up, but seriously has anyone stopped to think how crazy this is? My car gets stolen, borrowed, or maybe one of the other members of my household needs to drive it, or my mechanic takes it for a spin and I get a ticket?

Bah.

My Ride
    WRX STI

I think if people cant spot the damn cara vans on the side of the road with just there parking lights on and the engine running, you deserve a damn ticket.

But on another note,

No demarits which is good, thats all i care about when getting a ticket. You could try and fight it but the only other chance you have is if there is another car in the picture with you, you could try to say it was him speeding not you. But chances of that are slim. Just be thankful u got one of those tickets and not pulled over.

My Ride
    ShitBox Rustbucket

Originally posted by slash02

I think that's unconstitutional or something. Charging you "as the owner?" its a joke. In some states in the US, they have to be able to prove you were driving the car..

Being charged as the owner of the vehicle is a joke. We all just pay up, but seriously has anyone stopped to think how crazy this is? My car gets stolen, borrowed, or maybe one of the other members of my household needs to drive it, or my mechanic takes it for a spin and I get a ticket?

Bah.
    show up with police report ur car was stolen.. then ticket gets thrown out.

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

I've found the best way to fight it is to plead guilty to a lesser degree, they will almost always reduce it to the minimum charge of around $57.

I've fought 5-6 and they've always at least reduced it by half. Sometimes I've even said, yep, I was speeding, I'm paying more attention to the signs , but I'm just a poor student and can't afford the ticket. He'll lecture you, and give you a nice reduction.

They're actually pretty nice. It'll take a couple hours though.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    POS

"There's no demerits assigned for a regualr photo radar tickets, but what if you show up in court to fight it? "

You don't fight it, you talk to the lawyer guy and plead guilty to a lesser charge. They will usually reduce it by about half. Don't deny it, be nice, dress nice, be professional about it cause these guys aren't stupid and have heard every single excuse and story 1000 times over.

"By you being there and reaching a conclusion, can they assign demerits since they now know who was driving the vehicle?"

No, it's a RO ticket, meaning since they can't prove who was driving, it automatically goes to the owner of the car who is reponsible that their vehicle is driven the proper way.

BTW, go early to beat the line up.